Hookah Hangover?

Ok so the first time I smoked hookah, we smoked for about 45 minutes and then I went to work (At an evil big box store that happens to like smiley faces). So I got what I can only describe as a hookah hangover. I had this HORRIBLE NASTY migraine, I felt so dizzy (and I've suffered sever blood loss so I know dizziness) and sick to my stomach. That was the ONLY time I ever asked to be put on as door greeter. Also, I was the only cashier on a belted register so of course I was getting all the large orders.
Now the next time I smoked hookah was at a friend's house. It was really chill and calm, and I experienced no hookah hangover.
The 3rd time I smoked, was when we had discovered The Cabin. It basically ended in us running away in terror just after finishing a hookah session. That time I had a hookah hangover, but it wasn't as bad as the first time.

So my question is does this happen to other people? All 3 times I was well fed and hydrated, so it's not that. I was smoking out of a QT and smoking HH (Yes I know but that's the only kind of shisha they have around here).

Thanks Y'all!!!

Yeah, I think it is normal. When my friend and I first started smoking, we'd spend hours at the hookah bar and then as soon as we got back home we wanted to barf. One time I felt so sick I thought if I moved an inch I would throw up, so I sat still on the couch for an hour. Once we got more used to it, we stopped getting sick so much. I still get headaches when I smoke sometimes. I don't smoke very often though, just a few times a month probably.

i have gotten that feeling from new flavors of shisha,be it HH(which can have some ok flavors) or Starbuzz, or any brand in between. it may be that you'renew to hookah, but this is doubtful since i still get this feeling once in a while and i've been smoking for years.

[quote name='agunn1231' date='22 March 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1269293916' post='458865']
Oh, it may be the amount of time you are smoking. One day my friends and i smoked for about 12 hours, and one of them puked.
[/quote]

We just smoked 45 minutes to an hour, just a standard clay bowl.

It depends for me...sometimes I can have a full stomach and have been well hydrated for the day and still feel like shit. Some of those symptoms could come from CO poisoning but that should have went away relatively quickly once up and moving around. As far as having too much nicotine in your system it was HH and a 45 min smoke so thats out. I would say you may have been a bit dehydrated, although you think you are hydrated due to a recent glass of water or something the smoke just may have dried you out more than normal. I also find to get massive headaches and stomach aches when I smoke in hot enclosed rooms. After the cabin if you went running your body may just have been reacting to a lack of oxygen...kind of like smoking a cig and running at the same time lol...

my .02

I hear from lots of people that they get similar pains. Like headaches, light headed and what not. I smoke for 7 hours once, and I had no issues at all. Granted I did stop once to eat a few slices of pizza for 15 minutes or so.

[quote name='brigita' date='22 March 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1269293684' post='458861']
Yeah, I think it is normal. When my friend and I first started smoking, we'd spend hours at the hookah bar and then as soon as we got back home we wanted to barf. One time I felt so sick I thought if I moved an inch I would throw up, so I sat still on the couch for an hour. Once we got more used to it, we stopped getting sick so much. I still get headaches when I smoke sometimes. I don't smoke very often though, just a few times a month probably.
[/quote]

n00b

When I first started smoking, if I smoked extended amounts (more than one bowl) I would get splitting headaches. I found the tell for me to stop was my ears started to hurt. I do not have this problem any more though. Just my experience.

[quote name='tpatt90' date='22 March 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1269301953' post='458910']
[quote name='brigita' date='22 March 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1269293684' post='458861']
[/quote]

n00b
[/quote]

You think it's cute.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='brigita' date='22 March 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1269306712' post='458920']
[quote name='tpatt90' date='22 March 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1269301953' post='458910']
[/quote]

n00b
[/quote]

You think it's cute.
[/quote]

haha the cutest

[quote name='brigita' date='22 March 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1269306712' post='458920']
[/quote]

n00b
[/quote]

You think it's cute.
[/quote]

psh hardly.......go eat some olives
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='tpatt90' date='22 March 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1269310986' post='458933']
[quote name='brigita' date='22 March 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1269306712' post='458920']
[/quote]

n00b
[/quote]

You think it's cute.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why all the hate?

• Upvote 1

[quote name='Joel' date='22 March 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1269311128' post='458934']
[quote name='tpatt90' date='22 March 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1269310986' post='458933']
[/quote]

n00b
[/quote]

You think it's cute.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why all the hate?

[/quote]

i know her?

[quote name='tpatt90' date='22 March 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1269311391' post='458935']
[quote name='Joel' date='22 March 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1269311128' post='458934']
[/quote]

n00b
[/quote]

You think it's cute.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why all the hate?

[/quote]

i know her?
[/quote]

You wish you knew me.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='brigita' date='22 March 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1269311501' post='458936']
[quote name='tpatt90' date='22 March 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1269311391' post='458935']
[/quote]

n00b
[/quote]

You think it's cute.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why all the hate?

[/quote]

i know her?
[/quote]

You wish you knew me.
[/quote]

Now THATS a thread jack haha
  • Upvote 2

One When i smoked all day and i mean all day . When i was working at a hookah lounge i was watching the shop all day and night and then in the morning . that night when i got home i was sick to my stomach . Thats the only time . Oh and once when i smoked naklah

Hydrate yourself like CRAZY when you smoke hookah! What you had was carbon monoxide poisoning from lack of oxygen to the brain. I remember getting a few of those gnarley headaches back in the day and I'll never make the mistake of not chugging water before each session again.

[quote name='joytron' date='22 March 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1269296646' post='458883']
.what qls did you use?

were they fully lit prior to being placed on the bowl?
[/quote]

They were fully lit. And I have no idea the brand. The packaging was papery and faded, it was red and gold and in arabic.

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='22 March 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1269296692' post='458885']
It depends for me...sometimes I can have a full stomach and have been well hydrated for the day and still feel like shit. Some of those symptoms could come from CO poisoning but that should have went away relatively quickly once up and moving around. As far as having too much nicotine in your system it was HH and a 45 min smoke so thats out. I would say you may have been a bit dehydrated, although you think you are hydrated due to a recent glass of water or something the smoke just may have dried you out more than normal. I also find to get massive headaches and stomach aches when I smoke in hot enclosed rooms. After the cabin if you went running your body may just have been reacting to a lack of oxygen...kind of like smoking a cig and running at the same time lol...

my .02
[/quote]

Well I don't smoke indoors, my parents won't let me (understandably) and all my friends rent non smoking homes, so all the times I have smoked hookah has been outdoors on either a porch or a picnick bench.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='22 March 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1269297227' post='458895']
Am I the only one that wants to know why you ran away in terror from the cabin the last time? Lmao...
[/quote]

Ahh thats a long long story. So if you read my thread about cool smoking places you'll know that I found a Cabin in the woods. Well, it was built in the 20s and is very old and rickety (I mean the windows and doorways are all slanted and crooked, hell the indoor plumbing wasn't added untill quite a few years later, as the outhouse is still there and kept up). To be straight it looks like something right out of a slasher film like chainsaw masacre or friday the 13th. So after smoking enough hookah and drinking enough smirnoff's we... well I got enough balls to go explore it. So we did. in the bedroom there is a crack in the wall that looks like a closet. So the sunlight was streaming through and to our hookah hazed and semi-drunken minds it looked like the entire rickety old cabin was dark EXCEPT that there was a light on it the closet. So we ran SCREAMING out of there and in the process of closing the door behind us the door fell off it's hinges which made us scream louder and run faster.

Now the creppy thing is, when I finally went back there with tools in hand to fix the door. It was already fixed AND there was a light turned on it the kitchen. But noone was there. Now that is why we ran away screaming in terror. I love The Cabin.

• 4 weeks later...
When I smoke a long time I get headaches sometimes always from the coal, I figured that out. Wont say which one but not Coco's, in fact not naturals. now I only smoke naturals

[quote name='bellydancerakn' date='22 March 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1269319279' post='458987']
[quote name='joytron' date='22 March 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1269296646' post='458883']
.what qls did you use?

were they fully lit prior to being placed on the bowl?
[/quote]

They were fully lit. And I have no idea the brand. The packaging was papery and faded, it was red and gold and in arabic.

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='22 March 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1269296692' post='458885']

my .02
[/quote]

Well I don't smoke indoors, my parents won't let me (understandably) and all my friends rent non smoking homes, so all the times I have smoked hookah has been outdoors on either a porch or a picnick bench.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='22 March 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1269297227' post='458895']
Am I the only one that wants to know why you ran away in terror from the cabin the last time? Lmao...
[/quote]

Ahh thats a long long story. So if you read my thread about cool smoking places you'll know that I found a Cabin in the woods. Well, it was built in the 20s and is very old and rickety (I mean the windows and doorways are all slanted and crooked, hell the indoor plumbing wasn't added untill quite a few years later, as the outhouse is still there and kept up). To be straight it looks like something right out of a slasher film like chainsaw masacre or friday the 13th. So after smoking enough hookah and drinking enough smirnoff's we... well I got enough balls to go explore it. So we did. in the bedroom there is a crack in the wall that looks like a closet. So the sunlight was streaming through and to our hookah hazed and semi-drunken minds it looked like the entire rickety old cabin was dark EXCEPT that there was a light on it the closet. So we ran SCREAMING out of there and in the process of closing the door behind us the door fell off it's hinges which made us scream louder and run faster.

Now the creppy thing is, when I finally went back there with tools in hand to fix the door. It was already fixed AND there was a light turned on it the kitchen. But noone was there. Now that is why we ran away screaming in terror. I love The Cabin.
[/quote]

So you go back to this place regularly even though someone obviously owns it and fixes what you mess up? And randomly leaves lights on? And they don't ever lock it up? And it's out in the middle of the woods all creepy like?

Yeah, for a chick you do have balls...