First Puke From Smoking

So my friend comes to visit me here at school in Maryland. We go to this local hookah lounge (not the best, but my hookah is at home). We first get an "interfusion" of double apple, triple apple, and mint. The lounge uses Al Amir and Al Waha tobacco in their bowls. The bowl lasted quite a long time with only the Mint being predominant. The bowl ended up getting harsh and I ended up inhaling what I'm pretty sure was mostly charcoal. We then had another bowl of Blueberry, Raspberry, and a Cranberry base. That bowl was fine, however, on both bowls I was the one smoking most of the time. We were there for 3 hours and left and went to the nearby Super Fresh for me for some groceries. We get inside the store, I tell my friend I feel sick, run outside around the side of the building annnddd POP. Yup. Puked. First time ever from smoking. Wasn't a pleasant feeling either. I felt high for about 3-4 hours after smoking.

Anyone else have experiences like this or different to this?

I've never done that, but I've seen it happen before. There was this girl I knew who stayed up all night smoking hookah and cigs and such and in the morning puked. We all thought it was probably from all of the nicotine, but now that I think about that it's most likely from having so much smoke in her body. I've felt gross but never actually puked.

happened to me the first time i smoked Nakhla on my own...

Nakhla Mandarin....smoked for about 5 minutes....puked for 2 minutes....went to sleep for about 3 hours....

to this day, i still haven't tried it again...even though i have a couple of boxes of it.

[quote name='Scott' date='22 February 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1266879418' post='452944']
Hmm, were you well hydrated? Did you have anything to eat before smoking?
[/quote]

Lol no. I was an idiot and hadn't eaten or drank anything all day.

[quote name='DistortedTruth' date='22 February 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1266880854' post='452954']
[quote name='Scott' date='22 February 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1266879418' post='452944']
[/quote]

[/quote]

That'll do it...plus u prob had minor CO poisoning if you smoked the majority of it for 3 hours

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='22 February 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1266884193' post='452959']
[quote name='DistortedTruth' date='22 February 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1266880854' post='452954']
[/quote]

[/quote]

That'll do it...plus u prob had minor CO poisoning if you smoked the majority of it for 3 hours

[/quote]

CO Poisoning?

carbon monoxide poisoning...The CO is generated from the burning of the coals and tobacco. Basically your body isnt getting enough oxygen and you get a killer headache and I've also had my stomach hurt form it before. Best way to cure it is to just get some fresh air and get your blood flowing. So a quick walk around will help. Outside is best but if you cant you can always just take a trip to the bathroom and get a drink of water while ur there

[quote name='Codename067' date='22 February 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1266891532' post='452980']
Stick to washed brands for now, so you can slowly build up some immunity, and always stay well hydrated through out your session.
[/quote]

Nah I can deal with unwashed. It's because of the coal that I smoked. I was smoking coal and burned tobacco for a good 25-30 minutes. In addition, I smoked most of both bowls. That would do it to anyone I think. Combined with no food or water in my system.

Never puked, but i know the feeling after an entire smoke sesh with a "hotboxed" hookah bar with around 15 different hookahs going with out group (one hookah per person) for around 3 hours or so...

Just make sure next time you have a good amount of liquids and food (though everyones said that) and try and take a break... 10 minutes wouldnt have killed you and im sure the hookah wouldnt have run off during that air break!

And i hope to god you werent smoking at a prince cafe down there, i like down right outside rockville md bout 15 mins for DC and those are some of the uncleanest hookahs alive unfortunatly :(

goodluck though next time and happy smoking sir!

[quote name='A13lackFish' date='22 February 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1266896602' post='452996']
Never puked, but i know the feeling after an entire smoke sesh with a "hotboxed" hookah bar with around 15 different hookahs going with out group (one hookah per person) for around 3 hours or so...

Just make sure next time you have a good amount of liquids and food (though everyones said that) and try and take a break... 10 minutes wouldnt have killed you and im sure the hookah wouldnt have run off during that air break!

And i hope to god you werent smoking at a prince cafe down there, i like down right outside rockville md bout 15 mins for DC and those are some of the uncleanest hookahs alive unfortunatly :(

goodluck though next time and happy smoking sir!
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice! Nah it wasn't one of those though lol. I go to Towson down near Baltimore lol.

I threw up the other night, but not from nicotine or CO. I am recovering from a sickness and I have a bad cough from it still, so my throat is sensitive (DON'T YOU DO IT, JAY). I was smoking and the smoke agitated things and made me cough, then the coughing turned to retching, and the next thing I know I'm holding a handful of vomit.

You better believe I finished that bowl, though ;)

[quote name='Hojo' date='22 February 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1266898898' post='453010']
I threw up the other night, but not from nicotine or CO. I am recovering from a sickness and I have a bad cough from it still, so my throat is sensitive (DON'T YOU DO IT, JAY). I was smoking and the smoke agitated things and made me cough, then the coughing turned to retching, and the next thing I know I'm holding a handful of vomit.

[/quote]

^^^ champ status ^^^ :2ar15smilie:

[quote name='A13lackFish' date='22 February 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1266899348' post='453017']
[quote name='Hojo' date='22 February 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1266898898' post='453010']

[/quote]

^^^ champ status ^^^ :2ar15smilie:
[/quote]

+1...tru hookah champ

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='22 February 2010 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1266890629' post='452976']
carbon monoxide poisoning...The CO is generated from the burning of the coals and tobacco. Basically your body isnt getting enough oxygen and you get a killer headache and I've also had my stomach hurt form it before. Best way to cure it is to just get some fresh air and get your blood flowing. So a quick walk around will help. Outside is best but if you cant you can always [b]just take a trip to the bathroom and get a drink of water while ur there[/b]
[/quote]

Heads up, drinking water from the bathroom can make you sick too. Choose your water source wisely, don't drink from the toilet. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/bad.gif[/img]

Heads up, drinking water from the bathroom can make you sick too. Choose your water source wisely, don't drink from the toilet. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/bad.gif[/img]
[/quote]

this is very good advice. Usually drinking is a really bad idea before smoking hookah. Especially at a hookah bar. Just the other day a few friends and i were smoking and out of the corner of my eye two tables down a girl is puking...all dainty and quite. her date is just trying to ignore it hahaha. SO my friends didnt see it. They asked the coal man if he was cooking sajook hahaha and he was like no. and then he saw it it was priceless.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Hojo' date='22 February 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1266898898' post='453010']
I threw up the other night, but not from nicotine or CO. I am recovering from a sickness and I have a bad cough from it still, so my throat is sensitive ([b]DON'T YOU DO IT, JAY[/b]). I was smoking and the smoke agitated things and made me cough, then the coughing turned to retching, and the next thing I know I'm holding a handful of vomit.

[/quote]
damnit.... :bye:

Pretty sure I've thrown up from drinking then smoking... Don't really remember but thats what they told me...

Back when I first started, if I smoked 3 bowls or so, I would get nautious from the nicotine. Now the only time I feel bad is if I'm sick and I smoke (coughing etc)