Goodbye Hookah Forum

QUOTE (chinamon @ Jun 9 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jun 9 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (freeOS @ Jun 9 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why someone can be so emo about, of all things, brand opinions.

One word - immaturity.

'Rani

now i think calling him immature is a little harsh. it has nothing to do with a person's maturity level.
everyone deals with situations in a different manner. some deal better while others do not.
i just hope FSU listens to our advice in this thread because running from all bad situations can eventually make life miserable.

I hope FSU stays because he's a great guy, but I think I might have to agree with Rani on the immaturity front. It is an immature action to not like someone and bash them because they have a diff preference, but it's also immature to leave simply because people don't agree with you.

some people want to be the best or the most right all the time, but if someone is that stubborn and they can't handle the fact you like a different brand...screw em. They'll get over themselves eventually, but no reason to leave.

Seeing all these pages in support of you staying should be enough for you to stay and be the starbuzz pioneer of the forum.

Personally I used to think starbuzz was a gift from heaven, then fantasia, then tangiers, etc etc. Everyone's tastes changes, but if everyone on here thought tangiers sucked and starbuzz ruled then that would be fine, being the minority isn't a bad thing. I'd stay, rave about my favorite tobacco and I might try the other members favorite shisha to make up my own mind.

It's like the Mac/PC debate, or PS3/Xbox360. NO ONE CARES. Everyone is going to argue their favorite side but at the end of the day, they're still friends and it's no big deal.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Jun 9 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's like the Mac/PC debate, or PS3/Xbox360. NO ONE CARES. Everyone is going to argue their favorite side but at the end of the day, they're still friends and it's no big deal.

i used to be pro-windows and hated anything from apple.
then one day my pc decided it wanted to take a crap so i built a new pc and decided to try installing OSX on it, if i didnt like it then i would just install windows on it.
however, i love osx so much that im never going back to windows. mac ftw!

QUOTE (chinamon @ Jun 10 2009, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i understand what you're talking about but....
here's a little story about me when i was younger in high school (1992-1997)
i hung out with all europeans, mainly italians..

Took you 5 years to get through highschool???? This must be one asian dude that sucks in math yyyyaaaaayyyy, I found one.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Jun 9 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Jun 9 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jun 9 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (freeOS @ Jun 9 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why someone can be so emo about, of all things, brand opinions.

One word - immaturity.

'Rani

now i think calling him immature is a little harsh. it has nothing to do with a person's maturity level.
everyone deals with situations in a different manner. some deal better while others do not.
i just hope FSU listens to our advice in this thread because running from all bad situations can eventually make life miserable.

I hope FSU stays because he's a great guy, but I think I might have to agree with Rani on the immaturity front. It is an immature action to not like someone and bash them because they have a diff preference, but it's also immature to leave simply because people don't agree with you.

some people want to be the best or the most right all the time, but if someone is that stubborn and they can't handle the fact you like a different brand...screw em. They'll get over themselves eventually, but no reason to leave.

Seeing all these pages in support of you staying should be enough for you to stay and be the starbuzz pioneer of the forum.

Personally I used to think starbuzz was a gift from heaven, then fantasia, then tangiers, etc etc. Everyone's tastes changes, but if everyone on here thought tangiers sucked and starbuzz ruled then that would be fine, being the minority isn't a bad thing. I'd stay, rave about my favorite tobacco and I might try the other members favorite shisha to make up my own mind.

Starbuzz does not generally make my top 10 list, but........ There are flavors Starbuzz makes than no one else does or ever will and you have to give them credit for that - Blue Myst for instance that I love. Apple Cinnamon is amazing. Their Pineapple tastes like fresh cut pineapple. Mango is to die for and nobody comes close IMO. Believe me there's plenty of SB tins in my stash.

'Rani

QUOTE (gunsboy @ Jun 9 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Jun 10 2009, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i understand what you're talking about but....
here's a little story about me when i was younger in high school (1992-1997)
i hung out with all europeans, mainly italians..

Took you 5 years to get through highschool???? This must be one asian dude that sucks in math yyyyaaaaayyyy, I found one.

laugh.gif

we had grades 9 to 13. a couple years ago the government eliminated grade 13 so now it is 4 years.
but my fifth year was not for grade 13 courses. i was doing grade 11 and 12 courses in my fifth year. lol

people going to college only needed up to grade 12 (high school diploma) and people going to university needed the extra grade 13 year.

QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ Jun 9 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4 pages? if this doesnt convince you to stay...you gotta step back, open your eyes, smoke some shisha and look again bro.

Thats exactly what I was gonna say. If people wanted you to leave there would be no replies in here or a bunch of the don't let the door hit you on your way out posts. I think you should stay. We need quality members here, and I view you as one of them.

QUOTE (lowspeedchase @ Jun 10 2009, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Kapten Kanel @ Jun 9 2009, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jun 10 2009, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to STRESS the point that I am in no way downplaying the role of the mods. Every mod has done a FANTASTIC job on monitering the foums, it just seems that main one -- who from what I've heard -- has caused many personal problems with many people. To reiterate, this is not an attack on mods in any way, shape, or form. Please do not take it as so.

I didnt really mean to point any fingers, its very important that issues with mods become public, it was more that some people in this thread seamingly meaninglessly "bashed" all the mods in one swipe for some few incidents with someone.

Take it chill man, you should stay!
It takes some time to acclimate (LOL ERIC I GOT YA NOW) to this forum but when its done its really nice, i dont really visit any other forums anymore, this got everything!

Tips for faster acclimating:

- Mix yourself up with the juices
- Spread yourself out on foil, lie there for few days until you smell good

HAHAHAHAH It may be the wine and af mint talking but damn that was HILARIOUS

It is hilarious!
Come on people laugh!!!

sad44.gif

people always gon' disagree. just gotta realize that nobody ever sees eye to eye on everything. hell, even married people don't always agree....no reason to leave because of that.

but, you gotta remember, mods included...there really is no excuse to degrade or belittle someone doing something they enjoy...

hell, i don't like starbuzz but i'll smoke it once in a long while...i'm not saying its a bad tobacco, but there are quirks about starbuzz that i don't like....if you're fan of starbuzz, good for you...i'm not going to think you're a bad person for liking it.

You know, every time I feel down I just look at Charley's quote in my sig. It makes me laugh everytime. Thanks again Charley! Btw, for anyone wondering, we were talking about his asshole roommate who stole his hookah and sold it.

Well, sorry to see you go over such a small issue. However, if you think it's a big enough deal to leave, then it's your decision.

I think the main reason SB gets so much grief is the price, except for that, it's not a bad shisha. I like some of their flavors, I just happen to like other brands more. Also, I'm an unemployed college student who has a relatively small shisha budget every month. haha

People disagreeing with you on forums is commonplace--you just have to get over it. Hell, I'm on a Mustang Forum and I run a V6, you think I don't catch grief from all of the V8 lovers? Of course I do, but the people who matter there realize that mustangs are mustangs and all that matters is that we own them.

The same can be said here. Who cares that you love SB? Honestly, no offense, I could give a rat's ass about what your favorite flavor is. It's cool to know but it doesn't affect me at all. But if you show that you know your stuff and can bring good discussion/etiquette to any conversation (Which, you have so far), then you're a great forum member--better than most.

Like I said before, it will suck to see you quit over this as your religious posts are quite interesting and I enjoy reading them. However, again, it remains your call.

Well I can't add much more than the sage council already given.

Apart from to reiterate that if any mod is rude or you disrespectfull it should be brought to
There attention. Either directly via pm or via any other moderator

In regard to del's situation I did act very badly and in retrospect I should have been been hauled over the coals long before our recent chat.
So thanks to Del for both understanding that it was a moment of stupidity and one being throughly over zealous.

So big love to him wub.gif

Cheers,

JD

As one of the SB haters (and present in a conversation with a mod about bashing some SB) - it's too bad you have to end this way. I'm not sure if this was the same conversation that tipped you overboard, but if it was - I'm sorry to see you go over it.

This board has a lot of rotating "fanboy" fads. When I came on last summer about this time - it was ALL Starbuzz fans everywhere. Starbuzz could do no wrong. Then it was the AF snobs and the grape issue. Then was the KM lurch where everyone would bitch out Myas. Then there's the Tangiers cult which comes in and fades away every few months.

The fact is, we all have different opinions on our Hookahs, Hoses, and Shisha. There will always be peope that tell you that "X sucks and Y is much better." Form your opinion and leave it at that. THere's always going to be some sort of bashing on HF - it happens and it rotates out. Who knows what this summer will bring.

Don't take people hating your favorite brand so personal. We can all hate what we want. There are people that still like Hookah-Pukah and Pukah Freak --- and I will still say it's horrible. But at no point did I remember seeing anyone specifically hate on YOU for liking it. If anyone directly attacked YOU based on your brand choice, then that's something quite different.

We all need to be a little more concious about bashing other brands, and hopefully this thread brings to light that we shouldn't argue so much over this dumb shit, but there will always be haters.

Chill out, ignore the haters, and try not to provoke them. I know, it shouldn't HAVE to be that way, but hey - this is the real world and people will be people. Agressively defending your position only stokes the fire of someone (like me) into a debate that can turn into argument. I, like Stuie and JD, have long faced persecution for being Nakhla lovers. Stuie more so because he like Romman... tongue.gif

That said, nothing is worse than a "goodbye cruel world" forum post. If you don't like it here, you're free to leave and join that other super cool HookahSpace something or other. If you do want to stay, and I hope you do, take a moment and realize how goofy this thread is in the long run and why these posts are just a giant waste of forum space only used to stroke egos.

QUOTE (Kapten Kanel @ Jun 9 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Part of the issue is that most people here are the "hookah-guru" of their social network. Then we all come here believing more or less that we are hardcore hookah smokers that know everything and then we clash together. Well, kinda...

Very well said.

It's quite annoying when someone makes a thread asking for opinions on "Best *brand* flavor", and someone just bashes the shit out of the people in the thread and their choices in shisha.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jun 9 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you should see the shit people have to put up with who like Nakhla. biggrin.gif

Just ignore em and stay around.

oh yeah try me the lone Romman Smoker

QUOTE (Lunatic768 @ Jun 10 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jezter6 @ Jun 10 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That said, nothing is worse than a "goodbye cruel world" forum post. If you don't like it here, you're free to leave and join that other super cool HookahSpace something or other.

+1

just by the way

Cyncism much either of you? While you may not feel the posts are necessary, some people who leave this forum have been here for some time and they have the right to say why they're leaving. Stoicism died out with the Spartans. If you're a human being and part of the human experience then you actually feel things, good, bad, mature, childish, brave, fearful, all through the range of human emotions and sometimes you might want to share those. It makes you human. Just as he's free to leave, you're certainly free to skip the thread, aren't you?

'Rani