As Requested A Women's Section.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ May 20 2009, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ May 20 2009, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't see the point of this? If someone is being that disrespectful they should be banned. This is supposed to be a place for all hookah lovers to be able to get together and hang out, not to start a secret club?

think: menstruation talk, stuff we women wouldn't really be comfortable discussing with men listening/reading. It's not quite the same as guys talking about blue balls, and the random "eww"'s into a thread would be unnecessary. There are many other reasons as well, and if you want a flat out explanation of what's gross about periods, try July 4th of 1999, when I came to the conclusion that hormones destroy my body. I was on a toilet and stuff was coming out of 4 holes, plus crying and turning green. My sister almost called 911. She'd never seen me that color before. I had to have her help get me a big bowl to puke in (and a glass of water) while I sat on the toilet. My entire arms and legs went completely numb during this.

Things like this are really difficult to share with guys. Or more recently...I believe january of this year, my ovary bruised from my mid-cycle egg being released. It put me out for days. Guys have trouble relating to that, or trouble dealing with seeing things like that written. If girls need girl advice or a virtual hug, a guy adding an "eww, gross" to the thread just becomes an aggravation. With girly hormones getting rampant around period time, that "eww, gross" might upset a girl to push over the edge.

There's nothing wrong with talking about blood, but for some reason, most guys can't handle talking about period stuff.

I'm sure there are a dozen other reasons. We women are, for the most part, able to tolerate the guys threads, without getting cocky or feeling need to jump in without invitation. Guys have trouble doing this as shown by the thread. A simple creation of another thread worshipping and respecting our thread would've eliminated the need to feel like privacy might be better. It's not discriminatory. Until you bleed from your *bleepity* and have changes in hormones that make you pooh waterfalls and puke food that sat in your stomach for 16+ hours...................some understanding would be appreciated smile.gif

We'll also be able to talk about boring stuff such as shopping, sexy clothes, etc. smile.gif And form girl-bonds! I don't have nearly enough friends....bonding with women would be optimal.

happy.gif
Thanks for understanding..... (lol)

Having read this thread I have come to the conclusion that....

....I am okay with this. wacko.gif

QUOTE (ColibriDon @ May 20 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ May 20 2009, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't see the point of this? If someone is being that disrespectful they should be banned. This is supposed to be a place for all hookah lovers to be able to get together and hang out, not to start a secret club?

think: menstruation talk, stuff we women wouldn't really be comfortable discussing with men listening/reading. It's not quite the same as guys talking about blue balls, and the random "eww"'s into a thread would be unnecessary. There are many other reasons as well, and if you want a flat out explanation of what's gross about periods, try July 4th of 1999, when I came to the conclusion that hormones destroy my body. I was on a toilet and stuff was coming out of 4 holes, plus crying and turning green. My sister almost called 911. She'd never seen me that color before. I had to have her help get me a big bowl to puke in (and a glass of water) while I sat on the toilet. My entire arms and legs went completely numb during this.

Things like this are really difficult to share with guys. Or more recently...I believe january of this year, my ovary bruised from my mid-cycle egg being released. It put me out for days. Guys have trouble relating to that, or trouble dealing with seeing things like that written. If girls need girl advice or a virtual hug, a guy adding an "eww, gross" to the thread just becomes an aggravation. With girly hormones getting rampant around period time, that "eww, gross" might upset a girl to push over the edge.

There's nothing wrong with talking about blood, but for some reason, most guys can't handle talking about period stuff.

I'm sure there are a dozen other reasons. We women are, for the most part, able to tolerate the guys threads, without getting cocky or feeling need to jump in without invitation. Guys have trouble doing this as shown by the thread. A simple creation of another thread worshipping and respecting our thread would've eliminated the need to feel like privacy might be better. It's not discriminatory. Until you bleed from your *bleepity* and have changes in hormones that make you pooh waterfalls and puke food that sat in your stomach for 16+ hours...................some understanding would be appreciated smile.gif

We'll also be able to talk about boring stuff such as shopping, sexy clothes, etc. smile.gif And form girl-bonds! I don't have nearly enough friends....bonding with women would be optimal.

happy.gif

Having read this thread I have come to the conclusion that....

....I am okay with this. wacko.gif

Could not agree more. Like, it's literally impossible.

QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ May 20 2009, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

happy.gif

ewww

jk
wub.gif

QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ May 20 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

happy.gif

I stopped reading after "think:". Thanks for the women only section. You can talk about all those topics there.

QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ May 20 2009, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

happy.gif

Why would you want to talk about your period and menstruating such one a public forum? This forum is a hookah forum, not a omg guess what came out of me today forum. Mushy has said before: "if you aren't comfortable with saying it to a stranger, you probably shouldn't say it on here" with a few exceptions for the people who actually do know each other. And I think you are lumping all guys into one stereotype, which isn't right. I have a couple friends who are girl that talk to me about there girly stuff, it really doesn't bother me. Ya, its not the number 1 topic I would like to hear about, but I understand it is important to them so I listen and give as best advice and input I can.

Being a white male, I am getting used to be discriminated against, so this really didn't come as a shocker, no pun intended mocking.gif . Furthermore, as much as I think this is retarded, I really DONT care either. This is an online public forum, not the end of the world. If the women are able to talk the their way into their own forum, then whatever, no biggie, there are plenty of other people here to talk to and have an enjoyable convo with. Not to mention I don't see the women's forum being that exciting anyway, there really aren't that many of them. Vampy, clumsygrace, serrated saphire, and supersubby are the only 4 that come to mind.

QUOTE (lowspeedchase @ May 20 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (delSol_si @ May 20 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...This forum is a hookah forum, not a omg guess what came out of me today forum....

Hahahahahaha seconded.

Well, if its hookah-smoke coming out we would all like to hear about it ,right? Does it matter where the smoke comes from?

*Starts to see images far worse than possible ARGH MY EYES!!!*

- What has been seen cannot be unseen -

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ May 20 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (lowspeedchase @ May 20 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...This forum is a hookah forum, not a omg guess what came out of me today forum....

Hahahahahaha seconded.

YOU never spent any quality time in the old chat did ya tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

wicked.gif

No I didn't and now I don't feel bad about it wink.gif

QUOTE (Kapten Kanel @ May 20 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (lowspeedchase @ May 20 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hahahahahaha seconded.

Well, if its hookah-smoke coming out we would all like to hear about it ,right? Does it matter where the smoke comes from?

*Starts to see images far worse than possible ARGH MY EYES!!!*

- What has been seen cannot be unseen -

laugh.gif

Why?.....

You guys have been talking about dieting. You also talk about sports. In fact, there's a very busy recent thread about nothing. Literally. (and bunnies)....The guys talk about all sorts of random stuff that's not related to hookah at all. There's no reason to say women shouldn't be able to talk about woman things, but that it's ok for guys to talk about....guy things (and women). Off the attitude, my point was clear. I'm not the only person that suffers with female stuff, and so long as other fems are in this forum, there's no reason we shouldn't have an area where we can ask questions, discuss prescription meds, etc. Women, just because we are women, shouldn't be disallowed to discuss stuff that might negatively impact a great majority of our time. There's general chat, and there's general stuff women might want to talk about (shopping, latest websites, menstrual issues, pills, etc) that you guys will not only have no interest in, but no comfort in reading.

Women like to talk about women stuff. Guys can't relate. People are compelled. That's why there's a general chat for off topic stuff....this gives women a place to kinda feel safe to mention stuff like that without offending or being chastised. Not a hard concept, really.

Just because we're female doesn't mean we have to sit down and be quiet (smile and nod) and not have an area where we can't talk about things we need to get off our chest, out of reach of wandering eyes.

I'm glad I grossed you guys out a lot. There was good reason. Might, to some, seem like naked pillow fighting, men aren't allowed type thing, but it's really not about that at all (ok, maybe 10%).

If you only want the hookah forum for hookah/shisha talk, there'd be no general chat area, and no "contacts" thread or "weightloss" thread, or anything like that. And those are small beans compared to the stresses/effects that come with woman hormones.

Just take a deep breath and calm down. We aren't going to stop posting out here. It's just a place to keep woman-topics out of your sensitive eyes.

QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ May 20 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I'm not the only person that suffers with female stuff...

I agree with that, I have to deal with it *all the time*.

, and so long as other fems are in this forum, there's no reason we shouldn't have an area where we can ask questions, discuss prescription meds, etc. Women, just because we are women, shouldn't be disallowed to discuss stuff that might negatively impact a great majority of our time. There's general chat, and there's general stuff women might want to talk about (shopping, latest websites, menstrual issues, pills, etc) that you guys will not only have no interest in, but no comfort in reading.

Women like to talk about women stuff. Guys can't relate. People are compelled. That's why there's a general chat for off topic stuff....this gives women a place to kinda feel safe to mention stuff like that without offending or being chastised. Not a hard concept, really.

Just because we're female doesn't mean we have to sit down and be quiet (smile and nod) and not have an area where we can't talk about things we need to get off our chest, out of reach of wandering eyes.

I'm glad I grossed you guys out a lot. There was good reason. Might, to some, seem like naked pillow fighting, men aren't allowed type thing, but it's really not about that at all (ok, maybe 10%).

If you only want the hookah forum for hookah/shisha talk, there'd be no general chat area, and no "contacts" thread or "weightloss" thread, or anything like that. And those are small beans compared to the stresses/effects that come with woman hormones.

Just take a deep breath and calm down. We aren't going to stop posting out here. It's just a place to keep woman-topics out of your sensitive eyes.

No one is seriously voting against you having a period paradise, we are just joking.

Just take a deep breath and calm down.

A spoonful of your own medicine might help wink.gif

QUOTE (delSol_si @ May 20 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ May 20 2009, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

happy.gif

Why would you want to talk about your period and menstruating such one a public forum? This forum is a hookah forum, not a omg guess what came out of me today forum. Mushy has said before: "if you aren't comfortable with saying it to a stranger, you probably shouldn't say it on here" with a few exceptions for the people who actually do know each other. And I think you are lumping all guys into one stereotype, which isn't right. I have a couple friends who are girl that talk to me about there girly stuff, it really doesn't bother me. Ya, its not the number 1 topic I would like to hear about, but I understand it is important to them so I listen and give as best advice and input I can.

Being a white male, I am getting used to be discriminated against, so this really didn't come as a shocker, no pun intended mocking.gif . Furthermore, as much as I think this is retarded, I really DONT care either. This is an online public forum, not the end of the world. If the women are able to talk the their way into their own forum, then whatever, no biggie, there are plenty of other people here to talk to and have an enjoyable convo with. Not to mention I don't see the women's forum being that exciting anyway, there really aren't that many of them. Vampy, clumsygrace, serrated saphire, and supersubby are the only 4 that come to mind.

While I personally don't know that it's really necessary, honestly it's not nearly as easy for women to bond as you guys seem to think. Women are highly competitive in the real world with each other. So how do you talk about something you need to talk about with someone you're competitive with face to face? You don't. Because of that, women do tend to bond more in cyberspace and form groups, talk things out, etc. So while I might not find it personally useful, I completely see how it can be a good thing.

And delSol, since you completely bypassed me in your post, I just want you to know I no longer love you for your car. So there! wink.gif

'Rani

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ May 20 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally i could care less.

+1/this/FTW/any other "I agree" meme

Let them have their own place to chat. It isn't like we are losing our ladies. We'll have plenty of opportunities to harass them in chat tongue.gif

Just kidding. Enjoy your privacy, ladies, and don't forget about ol' Hojo when you're up in your ivory tower.

QUOTE (evilded777 @ May 20 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Tuscani @ May 20 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so they get the naked pillow fight/manacure room... do we get the man cave with full equiped masturbation station? lotion, ocndoms, tissues, DvDs, and magazines??

just a thought... wink.gif

Why does one need condoms for masturbation?

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on this topic. Don't get me started on my Anti-Dianic rant, it won't be pretty.

not condoms...tube socks ftw!