Glass Hookah Stem

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came!

really, wow...as someone else had been talking...I too had been considering contacting a glassblower this summer to get one made.

how is the progress coming along?

I know you are still in the beta stages and nowhere near setting a price, can we get a window guesstamate? like $40-100, $120-220 etc...just so we know what to expect...
thanks for being awesome

they work wonders, i was very surprised when i first used one. ill post a picture in a few of one.

QUOTE (hLx DrunK @ Mar 10 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am amazed, you hve incredible tallent and will def go somewhere with these. props to you

im connsidering the diffusers you were talkin about, how well do they work?

[quote name='poncho' date='Mar 10 2009, 12:09 PM' post='346672']
they work wonders, i was very surprised when i first used one. ill post a picture in a few of one.

ok cool sounds good how much did u say u would charge?

im coming along pretty well, i got another prodotype done with glass on glass fittings. These fittings allow you to take the heart, downstem, and stem all apart seperatly to clean easily. I'll post pictures up soon, after i finish smokin this hookah!

QUOTE (poncho @ Mar 10 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im coming along pretty well, i got another prodotype done with glass on glass fittings. These fittings allow you to take the heart, downstem, and stem all apart seperatly to clean easily. I'll post pictures up soon, after i finish smokin this hookah!

Damn Ponch don't leave us hanging like that!!! Take some pics and post while you smoke brutha!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (poncho @ Mar 2 2009, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
update: -- so things are coming along with these, i have rethought them a little bit in terms of cleaning...

So i take it you kinda got what i meant about the cleaning thing?

cause even with a straight pipe from bowl to base, just water usually doesnt get some gunk out.

With the bulbs being so large (very beautiful though) i would think it would be hard to get a brush to clean the inside of them.

smaller bulbs and a brush with softer bristles would do the trick.

even though a larger stem looks absolutely amazing, i would be so scared to break it!
I would think under 2ft. like you said, would be a great size to durability area and still look beautiful!

Man, now i'm picturing having a kinda stubby one... from grommet to grommet size of about 12-15 inches, nice and thick, but still clear and beautiful!! Just thinking about watching that smoke in there is badass!!!

Post pics sooon!!!!

I am really looking forward to seeing your latest prototypes!

so here's some bad cell phone pictures -- sorry about that, but there's a photo of the whole thing together, and a photo of all the parts, the diffuser is cut into the bottom of the downstem piece.. what do you all think? this makes it much easier to clean, and for me to pack and ship to get it to everyone safely.

Thanks

Jake

QUOTE (poncho @ Mar 10 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so here's some bad cell phone pictures -- sorry about that, but there's a photo of the whole thing together, and a photo of all the parts, the diffuser is cut into the bottom of the downstem piece.. what do you all think? this makes it much easier to clean, and for me to pack and ship to get it to everyone safely.

Thanks

Jake

OMG that is so effin killer!!!!

I think I just jizzed in my pants! Simply amazing! I would really like to see this with a clear glass bowl (like from MNhookahs) and a clear glass vase. Any idea on how big the hose port is going to be? I am hoping if I can afford one of these that I can use the hose I already have. I know you have been asked this a million times, but you gonna indulge us in a guesstimate price range??

yep...definitely in for one of these. if we already sent you an e-mail, are we set or you gonna do another poll to see who's interested in buying one?

thanks for all your hard work, too!

I came again once I saw the new stem

any ballpark guesstamates on when production will be up or rough idea of price?

o, I would recommend against glass ashtrays...I've blown up super thick ashtrays with coals before...just a thought