What Ethnic Background...

Perrj99

I'm 100% Indian in origin.. Hookah smoking has been in both sides of the family since time immemorial, although curiously it skipped a generation (my parents who are immigrants to the UK don't smoke it and disapprove of it mildly). Edited by Hookah Peace

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also a hinze 57. Swiss, Danish, Scots, English....but it is impossible to know the whole mix. I only know the most recent additions to the family lineage. On both sides of my family I can trace our roots to immigrants on the Mayflower. English. Simple enough. But there has been nearly 400 years of mix and match marriages since then. And only a very slim handful of records to decipher.

Ones ethnicity really is NOT important. I am not my family traditions, or even my religion. I am not a geographical location or a string of history lessons. Having somone who is famous on the family tree does not make me more special. Knowing where I "come from" wont tell you who I am.

English, ?%
Russian, ?%
German, ?%

Not really sure of the combination, my linage on both sides go back to all 3 places and I have not a clue which goes where.

Nobody in my family smokes hookah. They dont really know much about it, especially since my family is not too keen on Middle Easterners of all stripes (which they all call Arabs or Muslims), and they dont take too kindly to me indulging in Middle Eastern culture so much. I love Middle Eastern/Asian culture, which is why I'm here. But my familly is my family and I love each one of them, prejudices or no. Too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
no shit, no lie 100% Roma... my mother and father are both Gypsies. my aunt, grandmother cousins and sister all do palm readings. and they all speak the language. i dont speak it or understand it. im a Delo Gadro, crazy white man.

• 2 months later...
1/4 German, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 Cherokee/Sioux

Kinda a random mix, Im a really good drinker till I get past the 3/4rs drunk stage then the Cherokee/Sioux takes over and its all down hill from there.

My mother is half German, half Czechoslovakian , so that side of the family is a lot of fun to be around.
My father is German, Irish, English, Spanish - from Spain, and possibly American Indian.

Not sure on some of it because my paternal grandfather did not know his father and no one knows who he was, he just kind of disappeared.
On the Czech side, the family name is Prasifka, but it sounds more Russian to me, so I dont know for certain what all I have, all I know is my family on both sides have been in Texas for more than 300 years.

50/50 German and Irish... get my size from the German side... and my ability to drink vast amounts of alcohal w/o getting a hangover from the irish side. lol oh and I suppose there might be a lil dash of redneck in me... haha