What Ethnic Background...

Perrj99

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 50% German. 45% French-Acadian. 5% Indian. Somewhere along my Mom's side there is Indian as in India. But I'm foggy on the depth of it. My mom has dark skin dark hair and dark eyes. So it shows up in her alot more than us kids. But I'm born in Louisiana, USA. And currently living in Texas I tend to stray to the German side of the family. As much of the family is here in TX.

Born in Israel, to a family that originally arrived from Russia six generations ago but had a German surname, grandfather was born in Poland, and my father was born in Morocco. even my great grandfather who's family arrived from Russia used to spend time with the local Arabs and enjoy a good hookah smoke.
[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/Hookah.gif[/img]

I don't know what percentages I am exactly, but my dads side came from immigrants straight from Serbia escaping Europe before World War I occured. My mom's side is Irish and English I believe...and theres some random ones thrown in there like German and Bohemian.

• 2 weeks later...
Probably 75% german, 25% scottish. So no hookah history there. Lots of knitting and cooking and beating the shit out of people, but no hookah.
Also, strangely enough I'm descended from 2 royal families (Stuarts and Vonderheidies[and yes I misspelled that on purpose]), course lot of good that does my broke ass now.

25% Scottish (Maternal Grandmother)25% Welsh (Mat. Grandfather)
25% Italian (Pat. Grandmother)
25% Lithuanian (Pat. Grandfather)

Interesting thing about my mom's family: Her brother and cousin are genealogists and they tracked our family history in Wales all the way back to the 6th century AD. They have confirmed through numerous sources (especially the Welsh government) that we are descended from [font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][i][font="Verdana"]Maelgwn Gwynedd, the first king in the house of Gwynedd. Always a point of family pride.[/font][/i][/size][/font]

my pop's side of the family is all Syrian, bur raised here. So HIS grandparents, my great-grandparents, are the one's who came over. None of my immediate family has any hookah knowledge(which will make for an interesting conversation when i bring mine home) but my cousin's grandma(sito) always talks about hookah and the proper ways of smoking. Quite interesting. My mom's side is rarely discussed i think just a mix of western Europe......So i got 50% Syrian, and 50% mix. Arabic food=sex.

• 1 month later...
Born in dominican republic so were my parents and grandparents thats as far back i know lol.... raised in nyc... also was raised with lebs and syrians... where i learned my arabic

I'm about half German, half Irish, just like every other Cincinnatian! I have a little bit of English thrown in there too apparently. I'm related to Wallis, Duchess of Windsor's second husband, Ernest Aldrich Simpson.

• 3 weeks later...
My father was Cherokee and a registered tribal member of the Western Cherokee in Oklahoma. He could trace than ancestery back to pre revolutionary war to Chota town in Tennessee. My mothers family comes from Eastern Europe. Everyone that invaded Europe came thru here, so i assume alot of mixing went on. The Ottoman turks ruled here too and one of the family names is Mustafa, which leads me believeI had hookah smoking ancestors.

I'm a complete mutt.
American 100% which, for me, means......
Polish, Irish, English, German, Crow, Blackfoot (Native American tribes) and probably more if one went far enough back.

• 3 weeks later...
where the hell is all the syrians in this forum!! lmao,theres more people of non arab descent here then arabs lol.

im full syrian but was raised here in new york,i speak arabic pretty fluently and i identify with my culture strongly for some reason. my fathers side came to america in the 80's and most of my fathers bros married jordanians tht where here already,so most of my cousins are syrian/jordan. my moms side is still in syria and i have been there like 4 times already, its a beautiful place to visit. anyway, u wont catch anyone in my family without a hookah here or in syria. when you get old enough thts ur birthday gift lol.

well thts my life story for yah[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dash2.gif[/img]

Edit: I posted in this thread so long ago I actually forgot that I'd been here...

[quote name='r1v3th3ad' date='28 January 2008 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1201552358' post='199496']
Mom's side of the family 100% German
Dad's dad is 100% Irish and his mom is 100% Lithuanian.
No hookah smoking in my family background that I know of.
[/quote]

How does that math work out? J/K

My math is even worse, 1/4 Irish 1/8 Swede, 1/8 German, 15/32 Italian, 1/32 Moroccan... so sorta have some hookah in my blood.

[quote name='Conradical' date='24 June 2010 - 07:25 AM' timestamp='1277389540' post='472708']
[quote name='r1v3th3ad' date='28 January 2008 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1201552358' post='199496']
[/quote]

How does that math work out? J/K

My math is even worse, 1/4 Irish 1/8 Swede, 1/8 German, 15/32 Italian, 1/32 Moroccan... so sorta have some hookah in my blood.
[/quote]

65% Syrian
15% American
got hookah in blood already

[quote name='Conradical' date='24 June 2010 - 09:25 AM' timestamp='1277389540' post='472708']
[/quote]

1/4 Irish 1/8 Swede, 1/8 German, 15/32 Italian, 1/32 Moroccan... so sorta have some hookah in my blood.
[/quote]

65% Syrian
15% American
got hookah in blood already
[/quote]

I love the Willy Wonka math we are using to determine our heritage.