Getting Screwed By Exotic Imports

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nours are great coals, i was useing them until I tried exotica, but it seems exotica imports, always seems to blame everyone else when their is a problem with the coals, look at most of their posts. For me I will not buy exoticas, becuase they seem to careless about the end consumer of their products, but its a no biggie, i do love me some nours

all i have to say, is I listen to Eric when he posts a review about a product. I tried the first batch of exoticas and ever since then they have jus been eh and I get NOURS from a local shop for about the same price Edited by ASUSEAN1

QUOTE (Canon @ Jan 18 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one thing i noticed is everyone always gets on the same bandwagon. when people were into syrians everyone talked about them and such and bought them, then kms were in the picture, then MZ's, Tangiers, Exoticas, and now nours are in the picture..

i wonder how many people will actually stop buying exoticas and start buying nours now..

I like to keep a variety of coals... but I've had a bad experience with them and now hearing about Mush's... well, an old proverb strikes me.

"Arrogance and selfishness are forgivable. Stupidity is not."

QUOTE (Canon @ Jan 18 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one thing i noticed is everyone always gets on the same bandwagon. when people were into syrians everyone talked about them and such and bought them, then kms were in the picture, then MZ's, Tangiers, Exoticas, and now nours are in the picture..

i wonder how many people will actually stop buying exoticas and start buying nours now..

i noticed that too. and i hereby declare the new hype to be aladin hookahs: http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,showrub,...pfeifen,,,,.htm

QUOTE (camelflage @ Jan 18 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MechAnt @ Jan 18 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm US sad.gif . I remember seeing something in the review section about a coconut cube coal coming here very soon.

yep its in the coal reviews...

Actually, we moved it to the main discussion forum i think then made it invisible until the Vendor gets back to us that they understand and intend to follow vendor rules.

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Nov 18 2007, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (New2Hookah @ Nov 17 2007, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well how much are they offering it to you for?

Yes, Exoticas are by far the best charcoal in the business IMHO

from what i hear, the coals are slowly declining in quality.. the samples were great but the company is already startin to not give a shit

here it is.. On Nov. 18th I said these coals are going to eventually suck..

I really think the coals are inconsistant. I have bought 4 boxes and got 2 bad batches. The other don't have any "wet container" issues, but the heat is very inconsistant and they burn fairly quick. Sometimes the heat is scorching hot and sometimes its just right.

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Jan 18 2008, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

from what i hear, the coals are slowly declining in quality.. the samples were great but the company is already startin to not give a shit

Prophetic.

These are the mothers I was looking at a few weeks ago... I'm ordering some now.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/coconut_hooka...l_1121_prd1.htm

Keeping products consistant though is really hard, you guys should really quit complaining and understand that this isn't easy for businesses.

-QM

Please take note of the lingering sarcasm.

Stargate naturals are awsome, except that they're round. Edited by QuiltedMaple

Hey... you have a KM and a Syrian... wink.gif

Heh, great i'm a trend setter... blink.gif

But seriously...some folks listen to me because I give honest and unbiased opinions of things. I've tried a LOT of tobacco over the last few years, including stuff not even officially on the market, I've tried probably 6 different kind of finger coals, about 8-10 different name and no name branc ql's, smoked a lot of hookahs, talked with people inside the business from all aspects, so it might fairly be said when it comes to some things, I'm pretty on the ball. I also notiice when things change. I'll report those changes, which can change my opinion of a product.

I've always liked nours but the prices I have been quoted are often about twice those of exoticas, wholesale.

Plus I don't take shit off of anyone, either as a bar owner, hookah smoker, forum member, or Forum admin. I tell it like i see it. If you want to take my opinion into consideration when making your own choices, cool. If you don't, won't hurt my feelings, but if you want to start busting my balls publicly, I consider it open game to do the same. dry.gif

OK a couple of days ago I said I was going to put some good exoticas outside in the original packing. It has been very cold here in WI and tons of snow. I left it on my balcony for 3 days and I did brush the snow off the box once in a while. Well to any that says that shipping them in the cold will ruin the coals......well you watch this video and tell me.

I have pictures of the boxes of 3 bad boxes I had purchased. The were bad before they got to me, it is very obvious.
Any answer to this? I dont think so. I will still buy them for now but it will only be through HC or HS. I get more crap boxes, that will be it for me

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/Ahme...ent=coalvid.flv

QUOTE (oolatec @ Jan 18 2008, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey... you have a KM and a Syrian... wink.gif

Touche'

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Jan 18 2008, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody said jumping the bad wagon wasn't a bad thing right? I think Canon's gonna get some nours for his KM and Syrian wink.gif .

Nours probably smoke very nicely with KMs and Syrians.

Japanese FTW!!1!11!11!

-QM

and before stargates i smoked nours / al ajdad's forever.... only reason i switched was cause SS was carrying stargates for a little cheaper..

I've been using Nours for the past 7 years and they are my go to finger coal. I've tried several other finger-like coals but most of them smelt like nasty chemicals. Nours are very cheap if you look at the right places. I used up my last bag of nours last night so I'm going to buy a couple more after work today for $3.99 a bag.

Canon's comment about people jumping on trendy band wagons is a good one. Although I must say before I joined hookah forum, I never knew about Tangier's Tobacco, Starbuzz, or Mya hookahs. That is why I love this forum. A place where people with hookah love can report new ideas, reviews, suggestions, hookahs, and shisha. Edited by MrMoodz

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Jan 18 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Jan 18 2008, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Prophetic.

yea i can predict the future.. its like a 6th sense