Coconaras Came In!

Just got my Coconaras a few hours ago, I'm going to write a full review for them next week along with comparative reviews for Exoticas, Golden QLs and 3 Kings QLs.

Smoking a bowl of Nakhla Pistachio with Coconara coals right now, and I'm pretty blown away. Pending possibility nuclear war in Lebanon (I think that's where they're made, not positive), or the advent of some hypothetical super-coals from space, these are the only coals I'll ever use again.

Heat management is retardedly easy, I can't emphasize that enough, even if you were intentionally trying to burn your 'baccy you'd have to try pretty hard... there is hardly any ash at all, they heat up super easily, and perhaps best of all you don't have to break them! Finally a coal that doesn't make your hands black just to use them!

This is easily the best good Friday of my life biggrin.gif awesome new coals, I woke up after a night of massive drinking with zero hangover to a good morning bj, my folks just got back from Mexico with 4 bottles of Mezcal and 60 cigars for me, and my new sunglasses arrived and fit me perfectly. Gaia is materially ecstatic. Edited by gaia.plateau

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing I have to say about these coals- for anyone who has had trouble smoking Tangiers, these are a must-buy. I've found F-Line Cocoa to be particularly challenging, and I can't wait to spark up a bowl of it with these coconut bad boys.

It baffles me how so many coal brands strive to make a product that "burns hotter", this just seems insane. The hotter a coal burns, the more you have to manage its heat by moving it around, arranging it in relatively complex patterns, and utilize a wind cover.

i have those coconut coals from a brand called cococha (basicly the same thing as coconara), and i`m smoking a bowl of nakhla chocomint.

and gaia you`re right, the heat management is very easy with these coals. it takes zero effort whatsoever.
the only downside is that the coals take a little longer to light than other natural coals such as nours.

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Mar 21 2008, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bryankphotography @ Mar 21 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did you go about lighting these, coil burner?

Yes Hookah.gif

Takes about 5 minutes on a coil burner, compared to 3 minutes for Exoticas.

I find that they don't light "exponentially" hotter as they go, as Exoticas do, if you follow my meaning... which is good for absent minded dorks like myself, because you don't waste your coal if you forget about them and leave them on for 10 minutes or so.

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Mar 21 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RayVer @ Mar 21 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any pictures on the cococha coals? I've never heard of these. Was looking for it on google and couldn't find it on there.

i made a topic about them a while ago, there are also some pictures in said thread:

http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showtopic=17194&hl=

I got 5kg of those. Tell you one thing: using a regular stove to fire them up is now my very definition of pain. 30 minutes, and still colder than the snow outside my door. Anyways, I borrowed a"gas-burner" (don't know what those are called in English, here's a picture) from a friend, and will give it another shot tomorrow. I've heard nothing but praise of these coals, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy them aswel.

I managed to get the guys at Master sales to ship me some Coconaras to the UK. Not tried them properly yet as i didn't heat them hot enough on my gas stove. Still have to try on the hot plate. And yes, these hardly ash unlike Nour coal wink.gif

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Mar 21 2008, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have those coconut coals from a brand called cococha (basicly the same thing as coconara), and i`m smoking a bowl of nakhla chocomint.

and gaia you`re right, the heat management is very easy with these coals. it takes zero effort whatsoever.
the only downside is that the coals take a little longer to light than other natural coals such as nours.

Man I love this forum! I've ordered some cococha from shisha-world, got some Tangiers waiting for me at the post office, and I might even get a funnel bowl from a forum member! Next weekend, is going to be a good weekend! biggrin.gif Edited by manic007

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 21 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is easily the best good Friday of my life biggrin.gif awesome new coals, I woke up after a night of massive drinking with zero hangover to a good morning bj, my folks just got back from Mexico with 4 bottles of Mezcal and 60 cigars for me, and my new sunglasses arrived and fit me perfectly. Gaia is materially ecstatic.

too much information... tongue.gif anyways grats on your good day.

I just picked up 5 small packages of these for half of the retail price (1.50$ each)
If they're as orgasmic as everyone says I'll be buying out the store stock biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Balthazar @ Mar 22 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (shisha fan @ Mar 21 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RayVer @ Mar 21 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any pictures on the cococha coals? I've never heard of these. Was looking for it on google and couldn't find it on there.

i made a topic about them a while ago, there are also some pictures in said thread:

http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showtopic=17194&hl=

I got 5kg of those. Tell you one thing: using a regular stove to fire them up is now my very definition of pain. 30 minutes, and still colder than the snow outside my door. Anyways, I borrowed a"gas-burner" (don't know what those are called in English, here's a picture) from a friend, and will give it another shot tomorrow. I've heard nothing but praise of these coals, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy them aswel.

you`ve got a point there, they do take quite a while to light.

however, once they`re lit they`ll burn for an hour and a half.

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 29 2008, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about the cocochas... but coconaras take about 3 minutes on my conventional coil burner stove, and about 6 with my handheld torch.

maybe my hotplate isn`t powerful enough, i`m going to get a gasburner and see if it see if they`ll light quicker.

Damn..saw these uptown a few days ago but didn't get any. Im clumsy and want to keep out of the kitchen with burning coals. But if they're this good i should get some anyway..Hassle with coals really lessens the enjoyment, if i can light up two coals at the start of the session and smoke away for 1.5 hours that'd be awesome.

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 28 2008, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about the cocochas... but coconaras take about 3 minutes on my conventional coil burner stove, and about 6 with my handheld torch.

Took a good 10 min on my stove. But it's pre-regan era I'm guessing wink.gif
By the way, I am having the best session ever w/the coconaras, beer and god of war.