• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Mar 29 2008, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Balthazar @ Mar 22 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (shisha fan @ Mar 21 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RayVer @ Mar 21 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any pictures on the cococha coals? I've never heard of these. Was looking for it on google and couldn't find it on there.

i made a topic about them a while ago, there are also some pictures in said thread:

http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showtopic=17194&hl=

I got 5kg of those. Tell you one thing: using a regular stove to fire them up is now my very definition of pain. 30 minutes, and still colder than the snow outside my door. Anyways, I borrowed a"gas-burner" (don't know what those are called in English, here's a picture) from a friend, and will give it another shot tomorrow. I've heard nothing but praise of these coals, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy them aswel.

you`ve got a point there, they do take quite a while to light.

however, once they`re lit they`ll burn for an hour and a half.

It's mostly because of my shitty stove plate (the ceramic kind) though. Tried with a gas burner and managed to light them up properly.

Never before have I seen coal last that long, ash that little and with the perfect temperature. Heat managment was like stealing candy from a dead baby (that's how the saying goes in Norway, why a dead baby would carry candy I don't know ... ) and it was probably my best bowl of K-peach ever. I'm really sold, no more exoticas for me. Well, maybe as back-up coal or something. But cocochas is my new main for sure. Edited by Balthazar

QUOTE (Majid @ Mar 28 2008, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn..saw these uptown a few days ago but didn't get any. Im clumsy and want to keep out of the kitchen with burning coals. But if they're this good i should get some anyway..Hassle with coals really lessens the enjoyment, if i can light up two coals at the start of the session and smoke away for 1.5 hours that'd be awesome.

Just get one of those charcoal-carrier dealies. I kept dropping coals on my carpet carrying them from the kitchen with tongs, so I got one, only $10 and they work superbly.

QUOTE (bryankphotography @ Mar 29 2008, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (voski @ Mar 29 2008, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coco-naras are bomb you shouldn't be disapointed at all Bryan.

Where did you order them from?

HS was the only place I could find them in stock

The wholesaler was out of them?

the key to lighting the coconaras as i found when i first used them a while ago was to flip them halfway through the lighting process so to heat both ends evenly the middle would burn too. so it made 1 even burning coal.

I've been experimenting... I'm finding that it's best to only light one half of it, and just throw it on your bowl. The top half will light itself within another 10 minutes, but it will last significantly longer.

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 29 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been experimenting... I'm finding that it's best to only light one half of it, and just throw it on your bowl. The top half will light itself within another 10 minutes, but it will last significantly longer.

The best way I have found to light them is to throw them in my friends barbaque. I moved around the rocks and stuff he had over the burners and just throw the coals on there. They come out NEON orange by the time im done setting up the hookah.

QUOTE (AlphaJuno @ Mar 29 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's just say I'm posting in a disaster shelter...

good to know *turns off his microwave*

suppose they call it 'nuking' for a reason huh?