Coco-nara's What Is Going On?

That's natural of any coal really. You just have to constantly flip it over cause the juices and the vapors are putting the coal out on the side touching the foil. I see this in Tangiers the most because it requires the tobacco to be touching the foil.

I'm waiting for Antuoun to come in on this one wink.gif

Hmm, Strange, last night with my cocos I didn't bother flipping them and they were ok. Most of my coals do have a flat spot on the bottom where they touch the foil, figured it was normal. No oxygen to burn, no burning of the coal.

how bout if you made a little hole in the middle of the coal.... or more of an indent rather.. would that help?

probably more trouble than its worth

i just got 2 more boxes of coco-naras in so i'll have to deal with it i guess Edited by clickhea

click....I had the same thing happen and I figured out a way to end it. Get em red hot and put them on the bowl and let them sit for 2-3mins. After the bowl gets hot flip them once and take 5 pulls and then flip em one more time and your good to go.

I tried Coconara wallbash.gif and I am not selling them they are not what they are cracked up to be in my opinion. And they take forever to get fired up also.

Thats my 2 cents worth

Bubba Hookah.gif

I have to agree with you antouwan. Coconaras are excellent coals and give you a pure tobacco taste. I prefer these over Exoticas also.

I flip them for the first 15 minutes and I leave them after that. I ash them really good before I put them back on.

Me too eternal - i never move my coals once they land on the bowl.

Any coal will 'go out' on teh ass side that is facing the shisha - the rest of the coal is hot and heats the tobacco.

Not sure i understand what the problem here is?

JD

JD- i think he is saying the side of the coal which is touching the foil directly, seems to die after a couple of minutes or so so they have to flip it. I think thats the problem hes on about. His doesnt continously stay hot and heat the tobacco *shrugs*, i think thats the general idea of what is being said.

well what i find happening is the following:

i'll put 3 coals on my medium phunnel. everything goes well for a good 3 - 5 mins.. then i find my clouds start to lessen.. but when i flip them over the clouds come back again. I been using a windcover with the 3 coals, the only thing is sometimes the wind cover is too much with the 3 coals.. if i use 2 coals and a wind cover its almost not enough, its weird. i have to keep going back and forth to keep my heat perfect.

I use 3 coconaras also on my Phunnel bowls. I do not use a wind cover for them until they are small little pebbles. I will ash them a couple times in the first 15 min and flip them and then just leave them and add wind cover when needed. Then I do like Eternal said, the next set goes in the opposite triangle pattern.
Like any coal or tobacco or Hookah there is a learning curve for each product.

QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Mar 9 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (clickhea @ Mar 9 2008, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you dont even rotate them around the bowl through ur session?

i find my self rotating every 10-15 mins

Nope!

I smoke the other part of the bowl the next set of coals!!

Yup biggrin.gif +1 Eternal. Moving coals tish to pure nonsence wink.gif

snoop, do you keep them on the ridge of the bowl or do you put them close to the center where the entire coal is on the bowl Edited by clickhea

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 9 2008, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Mar 9 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (clickhea @ Mar 9 2008, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you dont even rotate them around the bowl through ur session?

i find my self rotating every 10-15 mins

Nope!

I smoke the other part of the bowl the next set of coals!!

Yup biggrin.gif +1 Eternal. Moving coals tish to pure nonsence wink.gif

I'm glad i got to this point in smoking.

It lets me relax and smoke rather than worry about moving coals around and getting a bad smoke.