Exoticas Are Pissing Me Off

i just got Exoticas from two places. One was a full box, one were just a top row of sticks -1 I got for free. tongue.gif

I am in no way blaming either of the vendors i recieved these from, and one was free of charge so i really can't complain there.

Anyway, the recent Exoticas were TERRIBLE to say the least. Complete SHIT. They were so bad, in fact, that the flavor of the coal could be noticeably tasted THROUGH TANGIERS BRAMBLEBERRY.

These coals burned through like bitches as well. While burning, the would not release enough heat, but be lit completely. They did not ash in any way i have seen any other coal. The coals surfaces were scaly, like a dried up river basin or dried up mud. The taste they gave off was unbearable.

These quality control issues are getting way out of hand. I think Exotica needs to step it up. These coals should have been pulled from shelves, actually, every box of Exoticas should be as of today. We should have every company wait for the Arrival of the new "Formula" to keep the old SHIT out of peoples homes, lounges, and lungs before they are up to par.

P.S. I am only this mad because i know how amazing OLD Exoticas are, and how great they have been communicating to us as of late.

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Jan 13 2008, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just got Exoticas from two places. One was a full box, one were just a top row of sticks -1 I got for free. tongue.gif

I am in no way blaming either of the vendors i recieved these from, and one was free of charge so i really can't complain there.

Anyway, the recent Exoticas were TERRIBLE to say the least. Complete SHIT. They were so bad, in fact, that the flavor of the coal could be noticeably tasted THROUGH TANGIERS BRAMBLEBERRY.

These coals burned through like bitches as well. While burning, the would not release enough heat, but be lit completely. They did not ash in any way i have seen any other coal. The coals surfaces were scaly, like a dried up river basin or dried up mud. The taste they gave off was unbearable.

These quality control issues are getting way out of hand. I think Exotica needs to step it up. These coals should have been pulled from shelves, actually, every box of Exoticas should be as of today. We should have every company wait for the Arrival of the new "Formula" to keep the old SHIT out of peoples homes, lounges, and lungs before they are up to par.

P.S. I am only this mad because i know how amazing OLD Exoticas are, and how great they have been communicating to us as of late.

Sicne we know there was a bad batch, which vendor did you get it from?

one was from devils playground the other was from somewhere else..

which means if there was somehow a bad batch from devils playground then there is 4 other people on the forums that got them.. meaning 4 other people who will complain..

anyway that doesnt sound like exoticas to me, i got some new batches and they work out very well.

i got a bad batch from devil's playground. i don't hold it against them tho, exotica had a small quality control problem if i remember correctly. I've kept on ordering exoticas and have no problems with them now

Well, how many cases have been damaged by the storm, and the quality issues? I would suggest people video tape the occurances. That way you have unrefuitable proof and they can actually see what is happening. That was you have a better chance of you getting replacement items, and the company then has valid complaints to go on to fix the problem.

I'm sure gabriel would like to see exactly whats going on so he can fix the problem.

Well, how many cases have been damaged by the storm, and the quality issues? I would suggest people video tape the occurances. That way you have unrefuitable proof and they can actually see what is happening. That was you have a better chance of you getting replacement items, and the company then has valid complaints to go on to fix the problem.

I'm sure gabriel would like to see exactly whats going on so he can fix the problem.

EDITED TO ADD********** BTW I ordered a box last week from nazarhookah and one this week from nazar both are top notch a ok*

my exoticas are shit they smell horrible while they are lighting, and you can taste them through the tobacco just as you are stating

i'll never buy that crap ever again, id rather use 3 kings

and by all the complaints with these coals it seems like Russian roulette when purchasing them.. Edited by clickhea

QUOTE (clickhea @ Jan 13 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my exoticas are shit they smell horrible while they are lighting, and you can taste them through the tobacco just as you are stating

i'll never buy that crap ever again, id rather use 3 kings

and by all the complaints with these coals it seems like Russian roulette when purchasing them..

haha that's cause it is.

I went through 2 boxes of exoticas over the weekend at my hookah lounge and not a bad one yet. I am using 3 to 4 boxes a week so thats over 7 pounds worth a week.

But I can state this Gabe stands behind his products 100% and does not argue or blame clients ever. he is a great hookah wholesaler for us retail stores.

Later.
Bubba

I have edited / erased previous remarks as a few people said I was too straight forward on what I said. Honestly everyone, here is what I have to say:
First, there are no more bad batches on the market. There were 60 cases and all are accounted for. Only way coals go bad after the fact is if it touches water.
Second, if you feel that you ran into a bad batch, which doesnt really exist, please contact us b4 positing thread after thread about something I openly came and told you guys about a few weeks ago.
Third, I have posted some pics of the reason why the coal was bad or the bad batch a few months ago. The complete container can be found in our warehouse we do not use less 60 cases which were distributed. We have replaced stock for the most part to those people who ran into it.

We once again appoligize for the bad batch and as stated before over and over, we have very strict quality controls set now to make sure it will not happen again.

Please feel free to contact our vendors or me personally if you run into any other issues,

If you feel that the batch you have has something wrong with it or a fake, please urgently call me or my vendors asap as it can be fake. We offer huge rewards if fake ones are found due to the fact that we own the copywrites, patents and trademarks of the name Exotica as well as the shape and contents of the coal.

P.S. The frst 2 pics are of the damaged coals which are in our warehouse and anyone is welcome to see them locally and the third pic is the reason why the batch was bad,,

Thank you

GABRIEL
EXOTIC IMPORTS USA
888 783 3123

I appoligize if I came hard on people above but I hope everyone understand why. We have worked hard on an item and as soon as people see something succeed, they try to destroy. We will stand behind ALL our products we have now and will produce in the near future. Please email us in the future if you see anything wrong or weird. Also, please keep your eyes open as I have also seen on the market in the past, once a good product is out, people try to copy and make fake products that look similar. If you ever see a copy of our item, fake items, counterfeits, please call us asap. If you are correct, you will get a huge reward. Thank you and once again, sorry for the issue above and hope everyone understands where I am coming from...

Hope all of you have a great day and hope this thread stops here.

Gabriel

Might want to not post in all caps, doesn't go over very well... bad day or not coming in making a long post in all caps isn't going to help this situation at all one bit. If you have a problem with a user or users then come to the mods, don't post like that.

In no way am I knocking exoticas, but there is no doubt I have just got 2 boxes that are bad last week. Look at the link I posted above. I will send you a PM about the vendor I got them from.. I blame him and not Exotica, especially when I talked to this person on the phone and told him my concerns about the bad batch that got out. Shit happens, but it sucks that vendors are still selling these. I do not think I need to be compensated by Gabe, and I highly doubt the vendor I got them from will do anything about it.

We all have got the box or 10 of exploding QL's yes? I have many boxes that did that. I am not a basher, I am a huge fan of exoticas and I can not see me using anything else.

I have 4 boxes coming tomorrow, and if any of those are bad, I will be calling the vendors. The 2 dif. vendors I am getting from tomorrow are respected here among Hookah community.

EXOTICAS FUCKING RULE!

I bought them for the first time almost 2 weeks ago and bought 2 kilos to start.
Never going back to quick lights ever again.

UP WITH EXOTICA AND GABE DESERVES TO SHOVE HIS COALS UP YOUR HATER ASSES AND LIGHT THEM ON FIRE!!!

QUOTE (thecoalition @ Jan 13 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EXOTICAS FUCKING RULE!

I bought them for the first time almost 2 weeks ago and bought 2 kilos to start.

UP WITH EXOTICA AND GABE DESERVES TO SHOVE HIS COALS UP YOUR HATER ASSES AND LIGHT THEM ON FIRE!!!

Dude Exotica's rule and as far as evanslight posted, you try getting bashed on, maybe having a bad day prior to that, getting your business name to shine in the "bad" and have a thread dedicated to how someone hate's exotica's, or your product for example. It would be enough to send me on a streak of angry posting for sure!

It's just sickening how much drama I've been seeing in the hookah community, it's getting stupid and childish. Why don't people stop bashing on the public forums and talk to the vendor before doing it! Gabe would have FOR SURE worked it out with EVERYONE!

So stop with the crap! And I hope Gabe does not get in any trouble for this if anything whoever bashed should be!

QUOTE (thecoalition @ Jan 13 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EXOTICAS FUCKING RULE!

Yes I agree 100%

This thread should be renamed to Vendors that are still selling the bad batch are assholes. Exotica has done right in my book, and they do have the best coals out there, hands down.

QUOTE (ExoticImports @ Jan 13 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I appoligize if I came hard on people above but I hope everyone understand why. We have worked hard on an item and as soon as people see something succeed, they try to destroy. We will stand behind ALL our products we have now and will produce in the near future. Please email us in the future if you see anything wrong or weird. Also, please keep your eyes open as I have also seen on the market in the past, once a good product is out, people try to copy and make fake products that look similar. If you ever see a copy of our item, fake items, counterfeits, please call us asap. If you are correct, you will get a huge reward. Thank you and once again, sorry for the issue above and hope everyone understands where I am coming from...

Hope all of you have a great day and hope this thread stops here.

Gabriel

Now, it is entirely possible the bad boxes are strill out there. I personally have a number of cases I'm stuck with. So it's possible some vendors, ONE in particular I can think of mind you, who would not be above shipping out bad stuff. Also, out of curiosuity, how are you tracking IP addresses? Only mods and Admins can see those, unless you have a trick I don't know about? I suggest you are NOT hgelping you case with the all Cap posts. If you have assembled a suspicious list of complainers, feel free to send them along and I'LL be happy to do some looking.

QUOTE (ExoticImports @ Jan 14 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
STOP BS BASHING ON THE FORUMS AND OPENING UP THREAD AFTER THREAD FOR THE PAST BATCH WHICH WE ALREADY SPOKE OF OVER AND OVER. I AM A NICE GUY AND MY TEAM IS A NICE TEAM, BUT HONESTLY, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WITH FALSE ACCUSATIONS AS NOW IT IS BECOMING INCRIMINATING AND WE ARE GOING TO START DOCUMENTING THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE, MOST LIKELY COMPETITION, BASHING US OVER AND OVER ON FAKE REASONING. IF THIS CONTINUES BY THE FEW PEOPLE, WHICH WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE NOW, WE WILL START TALKING TO OUR ATTORNEYS IF NEEDED AS WE ARE STARTING TO TRACK IP ADDRESSES AND HAVE FOUND SIMILARITIES BY ALL THE BASHERS. 10S OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE LIKE OUR PRODUCTS AND ONE OR 2 OF YOU DONT, SO IF YOU ARE A HATER OR A BASHER, DONT BUY MY PRODUCTS, SEND IT BACK TO ME AND ILL SEND YOU SOME OTHER JUST COALS OR WHAT SO EVER.

please don;t threaten people on the forum

I think a few people need to cool their heads. There were known bad batches sent out, unfortunately, and from what I have seen, Exotica Imports has done everything possible to rectify the problem. The fact that there are still some lazy vendors out there that are selling the bad batches is totally out of Gabe's hands. The bad batch problem is well known, and if some vendor won't send theirs back, there's not much Exotica Imports can do. Just my 2 cents.

Is it normal for these to give off a bad smell when lighting? I've been using my coals for a couple of days and they have this nasty smell while I light and afterwards. Until they are red hot, that is when it goes away huh.gif

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I really like these coals since they are square and its very convenient...I just wanna know if someone gets the smell from these coals too Edited by JillyIsJustKidding