Exoticas Are Pissing Me Off

QUOTE (JillyIsJustKidding @ Jan 13 2008, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it normal for these to give off a bad smell when lighting? I've been using my coals for a couple of days and they have this nasty smell while I light and afterwards. Until they are red hot, that is when it goes away huh.gif

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I really like these coals since they are square and its very convenient...I just wanna know if someone gets the smell from these coals too

mine do that too, from what i know its perfectly normal.

QUOTE (Canon @ Jan 13 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JillyIsJustKidding @ Jan 13 2008, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it normal for these to give off a bad smell when lighting? I've been using my coals for a couple of days and they have this nasty smell while I light and afterwards. Until they are red hot, that is when it goes away huh.gif

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I really like these coals since they are square and its very convenient...I just wanna know if someone gets the smell from these coals too

mine do that too, from what i know its perfectly normal.

Its not like a "ew omfg get that shit away!" smell lmao. Its more of a coal/chemical smell?

Exoticas are 100% natural. There are no chemicals at all. Please keep an eye out for knock offs and please alert us at once if you see any. These coals will only give off some smell when lighting as remember, it is wood. But once completely cooked, there should not be any taste, smell or smoke. If there is, contact me asap.
Thanks
Gabriel
Exotic Imports USA
888 783 3123

Thank you Mushrat! Let us all work together to keep the forums real and not hearsay! I appreciate all your help.
Hope the pics I posted will explain the bad batch situation as well. Thanks again!
Gabriel

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jan 13 2008, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ExoticImports @ Jan 13 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I appoligize if I came hard on people above but I hope everyone understand why. We have worked hard on an item and as soon as people see something succeed, they try to destroy. We will stand behind ALL our products we have now and will produce in the near future. Please email us in the future if you see anything wrong or weird. Also, please keep your eyes open as I have also seen on the market in the past, once a good product is out, people try to copy and make fake products that look similar. If you ever see a copy of our item, fake items, counterfeits, please call us asap. If you are correct, you will get a huge reward. Thank you and once again, sorry for the issue above and hope everyone understands where I am coming from...

Hope all of you have a great day and hope this thread stops here.

Gabriel

Now, it is entirely possible the bad boxes are strill out there. I personally have a number of cases I'm stuck with. So it's possible some vendors, ONE in particular I can think of mind you, who would not be above shipping out bad stuff. Also, out of curiosuity, how are you tracking IP addresses? Only mods and Admins can see those, unless you have a trick I don't know about? I suggest you are NOT hgelping you case with the all Cap posts. If you have assembled a suspicious list of complainers, feel free to send them along and I'LL be happy to do some looking.

QUOTE (ExoticImports @ Jan 13 2008, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exoticas are 100% natural. There are no chemicals at all. Please keep an eye out for knock offs and please alert us at once if you see any. These coals will only give off some smell when lighting as remember, it is wood. But once completely cooked, there should not be any taste, smell or smoke. If there is, contact me asap.
Thanks
Gabriel
Exotic Imports USA
888 783 3123

Actually, it is sorta like a woodish smell. But its weirdish lol I dunno how to exactly explain it. But yeah, it does go away when it is red hot

whats with all these new people acting so uncivil. cmon now people, jus smoke a bowl and relax before you start bitchin at the customer. what ever happened to the customer is always right mentality

edit: all you have to say, is sorry you feel tht way about are coals. mayb they are jus not for you b/c many other people like them. and tht is tht Edited by ASUSEAN1

I would edit that post for obvious reasons, someone may be all the things you said, but that doesnt mean you can name call. Calm down dude, they're just coals, you have a choice in the matter. Look at the reviews for Rolland's naturals or Smiley's coconut coals. If you dont wanna take the risk, use those. If you want great quality, take the risk. Rant off.

Everything I say, people agree. I have told everyone the reasoning behind everything. I dont know what more needs to be said other than lets call it an end to this thread before more drama occurs. As stated b4 and again and again, the coals are good. Nothing bad with the, The coals are supposed to be hard. The coals last forever. The coals do not give odor once completely lit. The coals have no taste. Enough said, RIP to this thread and lsts all move on. It is everyone's choice what they want to use. If you like it, use it. If you dont like it, go use something else. Hookah smoking should be fun and I feel that this is turning into he said she said, I bought, I sold. Now all said and being, lets all have a nice hookah session together. Please call me or PM me if anyone has anything to say.

Thank you..

well like i said in the edit..

the who situation could have been handled differently. I would have told the person that you are sorry they don;t like the coals maybe they are just not for you..

for example, i really don;t like starbuzz shisha.. does it suck? to me it does.. but to others it is the best tobacco..

i really am just not a big fan of it.. but i don;t need the vendor telling me that it is the number 1 shisha in america, so it has too be good and i must have been doing something wrong to make it taste so bad.

PEOPLE ARE UNTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION HERE

Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone sees things a different way. Everyone likes or hates someone or something. Now lets move on on a good note. We love Hookah.

END THIS THREAD AND DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a hookahlicious day and let this day pass

ive never seen a vendor act like this in my entire life

not everyone is going to like your product, you cant come in here bashing people and telling people to end a thread because theres bad reviews on your product Edited by clickhea

i dotn think this thread needs to be closed

the issue got out of hand and the vendor realised his mistake and corrected it.

Zen may not have known that Gabriel was aware and doing his best to solve the problem.

from the threads i have seen, the issue it being delt with as best they can.

if the vendors chose to continue selling the bad cases, thats a vendor problem and if they are knowingly selling bad cases, then if i were exotica, i would simply not sell to them anymore.

sorry you got some bad coals Zen, i would hope that you would give them another try down the road after the whole thing is completely sorted out.

Gabe, i may not run a business but i think you seem liek a very nice guy and like all nice guys, you can snap (i do it all the time), but i'm glad you saw your mistake and owned up to it also.

and by the way, closed does not mean deleted if i'm not mistaken.

Yawn! Another day another drama. I love Exotica coals! They are simply the finest coals I have ever used period.

QUOTE (ExoticImports @ Jan 14 2008, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MUSHRAT, PLEASE END THIS THREAD.....

EVERYONE PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE THIS THREAD.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT GABRIEL@EXOTICIMPORTSUSA.COM

THANK YOU AND PLEASE END THIS THREAD BEFORE MORE PEOPLE GET THEIR FEELINGS HURT, MORE ISSUES ARISE. THANK YOU

You know what. Mushrat is not the only bloody moderator around here.

I see no reason to lock this thread. If zen wants it locked [as the OP] then i'll do it.

JD