Shisha Big Problem!

Hello tthere hookah fellas..so this is my first post.First of all i'd liek to say that this forum is really nice indeed and it has been very helpful in my smoking shisha experience..

but

I have a very big problem in which I'd like you guys to help me with..

I love shisha..espiacally Lemon Flavour tobacco but when i smoke for more than 45 mins i get really sick.. and really sick i mean..huge headache..huge stomach ache and last time i got a low blood pressure and big drousiness. I Dont have the slightest idea why this is happening!..

I hope somone can help me since im really in love with hookah smoking and its a great way to relax with your friends.

If you guys want me to tell you more details just reply.

Thank you guys.
All the best!

Happy hooking
Wayne smile.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you feel sick is it just when you're smoking alone?

I get the sweats and feeling nauseous when I smoke AF Orange alone. So that's why I only smoke with friends.
It must be because an entire bowl is too much for me.
So when I'm smoking with friends I don't take as many drags and feel fine.

So that's I recommend you should do.
Once you have a session set up then don't take as many hits as you usually would and also take longer breaks in between each hit.
Another thing I'd recommend is staying well hydrated during the session, maybe drink a tall glass of water while you're smoking.

QUOTE (Cheese// @ Dec 11 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get the sweats and feeling nauseous when I smoke AF Orange alone. So that's why I only smoke with friends.

Once you have a session set up then don't take as many hits as you usually would and also take longer breaks in between each hit.
Another thing I'd recommend is staying well hydrated during the session, maybe drink a tall glass of water while you're smoking.

10q for your reply cheese.. no i always and always smoke with my friends. I think i shoudl reduce timing when smoking?.

its a great idea about the drinking procedures.10q very much.Last time even my friend got sick that.but not always. Can t be that i take huge amounts of smoke in one time... lol ? becuase i keep inhaling continously .. lol it happened on apple flavour..mint and cherry a bit

QUOTE (Cheese// @ Dec 11 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok than water would be fine..i havent smoked like 2 weeks since of this fear of getting sick.. last time i slept 8 hrs from 11 in the morning till 7 in the afternoon and i still felt liek crap and i slept again at 9 .. horrible experience + low blood pressure

You gots to get some food in the stomach man. Nicotine thins the blood therefore explaining the low blood pressure. Eating a bit while you smoke really helps rounding it out. Try somehitng like pretzles or chips and salsa while you smoke.

Edit for spelling Edited by Elky

eat before smoking, from what i understand smoking shisha is a after meal thing. It's like having coffee or a drink after the meal. And like everyone said drink water when you are smoking. Also take your time with it, it's not a race.

QUOTE (Elky @ Dec 11 2007, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beer is nice to drink with hookah, but it doesnt do much for hydrating. Try mixing it up.

actually, ive been to a few beer factory tours and at one a guy who was leading it said you can survive off of beer as a water replacement but it depends on the alcohol content of the beer. After that I asked every tour guide ive met if thats true. They all said as long as its a low alcohol content beer its possible.

Definetly make sure you eat before you smoke or at least snack while you smoke. The Nicotine will do horrible things like you've been experiencing if you don't. My suggestion for what to drink while you smoke is some Iced Tea, it's my go to drink during most sessions...

I don't know if this was mentioned, but the same thing used to happen to me, and I realized why.

The answer was easy:
Smoke less

I don't mean smoke less as in only cut back to 30 minutes of smoking, but take less hits, and relax between. I used to toke away, and I mean toke. I would take about 10 hits a minute, and have the hose for two or three minutes. That really takes a toll on you after awhile, especially when you're not giving your body alot of oxygen.

Don't think of it as how many minutes you're smoking before you get sick, but the volume of smoke you're inahling before you get sick.

I would say pick up a shallow bowl on the hookah company website. Pack it loosely, and I mean VERY loosely with shisha. Eat while you smoke. Bring out vegetables or fruit to compliment the shisha. Drink hydrating fluids like juices, water, teas, etc. If you are snacking in between hits and drinking the fluids it will space out the smoke more. Reading while you smoke can be quite enjoyable as well. Read approximately half a page and take a hit or one article in the magazine, hit again. Try and make it more of an occasion than a quick need.

First thing i thought was eat! you have too! some kind of liquid. beer will be ok, just maybe after a couple grab some water or juice or soda or something.

Also, if you want to put something IN the base with lemmon, get some mint leaves! havent tried it but ill almost put money on it making a very nice smoke for you!

EAT!!! BREATHE!!! DRINK!!! SMOKE!!!

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Dec 11 2007, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Breathe while smoking too.

biggrin.gif

Good advice, actually. If you're attempting smoke rings, you tend to hold your breath for a while without noticing. Take a few deep breaths here and there, it might help clear out your lungs or something.

Whenever my friends and I have a session, we always break out a few waterbottles. Also, just because the hose has made its round to you doesn't mean you necessarily have to hit it. Skip a turn everynow and then.

10q guys this has been really helpful.i'll try it today 10xs so much!..bdw I tried for the first time to do smoke rings and i did them immediately.they said its really difficult but in my opinion its really easy to do smok rings you just have to tilt the lower jaw a little bit up.. or something like that lol

I agree with everybody. In addition to all of the above, make sure you exhale the smoke out of your body completely before swallowing. I've known several people who have swallowed smoke and became ill for a couple of hours from it. Has anybody seen hookah smokers hold in their smoke like they are smoking something else....? That is so annoying.