Shisha Big Problem!

Well there are people, not me, that hold their smoke in to get the full effect of smoking......I dont need to hold in to get the full effect since my room often hot-boxes in 15 minutes or so....

as for smoke rings... easy to learn, hard to master...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the symptoms are from not pacing yourself and taking your time. You're still not used to the nicotine and can possibly be from nicotine overdose/poisoning. Also, as a solo session, if you're smoking a little too quickly for 45 minutes, you may be smoking a dead bowl which can result in the same things. Pace yourself, stay hydrated, eat before or during.

Make sure you are in an adequately ventilated room. If I smoke in my "redneck steam room" (ok, I'm sitting on the can while I run the shower at full hot), I start to feel a little queasy after 15 minutes or so. Small room, no circulating air, no fresh oxygen

Drink water, or juice. Anything alcohol is a diuretic, which means you will pee out more liquid than you take in, leaving you dehydrated, nauseous, and just generally crappy.

What brand tobacco are you smoking? If it is an unwashed tobacco, you may not be able to handle the nicotine. To this day I can't handle Tangiers or Nakhla, but Strarbuzz, Al Fakher, and Al Amir go down just fine. One of these days I'm going to make it down to San Diego to Tangiers lounge to see if I can smoke a bowl packed by the man himself. Kashmir peach TASTES so damn good, until 10 minutes later I'm coughing up pulmonary tissue!

aw man, mela aw malti iehor fuq il forum biggrin.gif min fejn xtrajtu is shisha tieghek? jien xtrajt wiehed minn dak tal belt imma ommi waqeghtu u kissritu sad.gif issa se nordna wiehed minn fuq l-internet. x' tabakk tpejjep? ax in nakhla qawwi hafna al wahdek.

in case anyone was wondering, i just asked what tobacco he smoked. nakhla is very strong to smoke alone, it has about 100 times more nicotine than AF or Starbuzz (Nakhla = 0.5% AF = 0.05%) i found you should take it slow with nakhla or preferable get a different brand.

it BAFFLES me that no one has suggested this guy see a doctore.

I certainly agree with the advice so far (smoke slower, breath more, eat/drink)

but if you're developing low blood pressure and feeling sick for days on end after you smoke, that could be indicative of a larger problem. I personally endorse a visit to a health-care professional.

i think the reason nobody suggested this is because we all have had the same thing happen. Low blood pressure cause um... didnt eat? not enough fluids and nicotine intake. used to happen to me when i smoked cigarettes. and he is an adult, you would think he would have the responsibility to know when its getting serious. but i agree with you and will suggest just in case, that if it gets worse or anything weird happens or doesnt change, you quit smoking and at least call the doc.

QUOTE (mathuv @ Dec 13 2007, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aw man, mela aw malti iehor fuq il forum biggrin.gif min fejn xtrajtu is shisha tieghek? jien xtrajt wiehed minn dak tal belt imma ommi waqeghtu u kissritu sad.gif issa se nordna wiehed minn fuq l-internet. x' tabakk tpejjep? ax in nakhla qawwi hafna al wahdek.

in case anyone was wondering, i just asked what tobacco he smoked. nakhla is very strong to smoke alone, it has about 100 times more nicotine than AF or Starbuzz (Nakhla = 0.5% AF = 0.05%) i found you should take it slow with nakhla or preferable get a different brand.

aw l iljun ...lol kemm ghandek zmien man? ...Jien tabakk minghand dak tal belt gobaldas nixtri ta l ostja..imma irid nirpova hafna ioktar afarijit..isma gbin tordnali tabakk u inhalsek cash meta igibuli..

Its maltese language..i asked him where oes he live and i asked him to bring me some tobacco lol

QUOTE (lonasindi @ Dec 13 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it BAFFLES me that no one has suggested this guy see a doctore.

I certainly agree with the advice so far (smoke slower, breath more, eat/drink)

but if you're developing low blood pressure and feeling sick for days on end after you smoke, that could be indicative of a larger problem. I personally endorse a visit to a health-care professional.

QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Dec 13 2007, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think the reason nobody suggested this is because we all have had the same thing happen. Low blood pressure cause um... didnt eat? not enough fluids and nicotine intake. used to happen to me when i smoked cigarettes. and he is an adult, you would think he would have the responsibility to know when its getting serious. but i agree with you and will suggest just in case, that if it gets worse or anything weird happens or doesnt change, you quit smoking and at least call the doc.

Emm...when i sleep the effects go immediately ..They are right! i was on an empty stomach + i need to drink more...and take smaller breaks with each hit.

QUOTE (waynemagri @ Dec 13 2007, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I smoke Pomme de Jerba..Nahkla ..but mostly nahkla! CHERRY ROCKS! ...I want to try cola they say its good!

i had pomme de jerba a while back, do they make any other flavors besides double apple?

i had this one:

can`t find it anywhere, someone took it from tunisia for me.

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Dec 13 2007, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (waynemagri @ Dec 13 2007, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I smoke Pomme de Jerba..Nahkla ..but mostly nahkla! CHERRY ROCKS! ...I want to try cola they say its good!

i had pomme de jerba a while back, do they make any other flavors besides double apple?

i had this one:

can`t find it anywhere, someone took it from tunisia for me.

exaclty like mines..i dont know my friend gave it to me for free!

QUOTE (waynemagri @ Dec 13 2007, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aw l iljun ...lol kemm ghandek zmien man? ...Jien tabakk minghand dak tal belt gobaldas nixtri ta l ostja..imma irid nirpova hafna ioktar afarijit..isma gbin tordnali tabakk u inhalsek cash meta igibuli..

Its maltese language..i asked him where oes he live and i asked him to bring me some tobacco lol

jin il mosta noqod, aqndi 16. gobaldas x'jahbat? :S

QUOTE (mathuv @ Dec 13 2007, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gobaldas is a souvenir shop infront of the the fallen theatre in valletta..in the corner ..easy to see..sells zippos and tobacco.

Where do you school? or do you work?

QUOTE (thecoalition @ Dec 11 2007, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually, ive been to a few beer factory tours and at one a guy who was leading it said you can survive off of beer as a water replacement but it depends on the alcohol content of the beer. After that I asked every tour guide ive met if thats true. They all said as long as its a low alcohol content beer its possible.

Great, I'll keep that in mind for next time I'm stranded in the desert with a keg, but for hydration and headache avoidance, beer's a bad move.

QUOTE (mathuv @ Dec 13 2007, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but I couldn't help but correct this. That is actually 10 times. However, you make a very good point.

QUOTE (waynemagri @ Dec 13 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gobaldas is a souvenir shop infront of the the fallen theatre in valletta..in the corner ..easy to see..sells zippos and tobacco.

Dak mux mohans jismu? :S jien immur l-junior college, int?

QUOTE (RoGeTa @ Dec 15 2007, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but I couldn't help but correct this. That is actually 10 times. However, you make a very good point.

my mistake rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (mathuv @ Dec 15 2007, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (waynemagri @ Dec 13 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dak mux mohans jismu? :S jien immur l-junior college, int?

QUOTE (RoGeTa @ Dec 15 2007, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my mistake rolleyes.gif

Jien ukoll Junior College 1 st Year siehbi..pjazza nintefa..newwel l msn tieghek ..tieghi fossil_683@hotmail.com..

lol gosti bhal xulxin king lol

I usually enjoy some tea (hot or cold, depends on the mood) while smoking. It goes well with almost all flavors (except maybe coffee) and is a nice way to keep your throat from getting scratchy.

Also, I can identify with being sick sometimes. If you want to really go into uncontrollable digestive reflex mode, try pipe flavor tobacco. Otherwise known as zaghloul. I was feeling pretty blue after one hit.