Dissapointment.....

So recently, hookahcompany called and said my tri metal base was not in stock so they wanted me to pick another one. I picked the thalatha base and i was extremely happy with that. I even had a poll 10 more people picked the thalatha vase better than the tri metal vase. So i called today because i had a bad dream that my order got screwed up and they told me they found a km tri metal vase. What a dissapointment. The worst part is that they didnt even contact me saying that they were giving me the tri-metal vase.

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Sep 6 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what are you complaining about? thats what you ordered and payed for.

This made me lol.

Sounds like Frost just was looking for the more popular hookah base to be shipped, rather than what was initially ordered, (after finding out that the thalatha was more popular).. Edited by D-Rock

that's a bummer but shouldn't be disappointed. If the tri-metal vase you are getting is like the blue one I got you will love it. The one I got isn't like the one in the stock photo on hookahcompanys website the one I got is alot nicer, the blue is much nicer, doesn't have that frost in the vase, and the lines are alot cleaner.

Take pics of the vase when it comes in.

You guys, get fucking real. Jesus christ.

He paid for a tri metal vase, HC called or emailed him to say they didnt have any and asked which he WANTED. He said the thalata base. So he was then notified he'd get a thalata vase, and it was a happier choice.

Then without notice, they broke a written engagement (which had replaced the original) once by shipping another vase.

You think its laughable? It's bad customer service.

These idiots dont even have the brains to properply label their packages to ship to Canada, what does that tell you about that company?

Some of you are deprived of common sense!

easy man, no need to go nuts. He is getting what he originally ordered. As far as I'm concerned it isn't a huge deal, people need to relax. If they found a tri-metal vase and that is what he ordered, then that is what he should get.

The reason why they don't ship to Canada is b/c they don't want to deal with customs and customers getting pissed off, not because they can't properly label packages to ship to Canada.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Sep 6 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason why they don't ship to Canada is b/c they don't want to deal with customs and customers getting pissed off, not because they can't properly label packages to ship to Canada.

nothing they sell is illegal in canada so i dont see why HC makes such a big deal over it.
and customs would contact the importer of the package for duties.

yeah...the thalata vase is like 70 bucks alone on the site...of course theyll try to give him a regular 20 dollar vase if they find it...

not too surprising considering the vase costs nearly as much as his hookah.

i wouldn't be happy, but i wouldn't be surprised...you always have the choice of canceling the order and getting it somewhere else.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Sep 6 2008, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Sep 6 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nothing they sell is illegal in canada so i dont see why HC makes such a big deal over it.
and customs would contact the importer of the package for duties.

and what if the importer doesnt want to pay for the duties and says ship it back to the shipper? Then what? HC gets stuck with a returned order, and a shatload of wasted time on their part. Then the customer will call HC saying they want their money back.

No matter what anyone things shipping international CAN cause issues

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Sep 6 2008, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and what if the importer doesnt want to pay for the duties and says ship it back to the shipper? Then what? HC gets stuck with a returned order, and a shatload of wasted time on their part. Then the customer will call HC saying they want their money back.

the importer should know that they are supposed to pay duties and prepare for it. if they dont get charged duties then they are lucky.
people should know they are supposed to pay tax on just about everything they buy online.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Sep 6 2008, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Sep 6 2008, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the importer should know that they are supposed to pay duties and prepare for it. if they dont get charged duties then they are lucky.
people should know they are supposed to pay tax on just about everything they buy online.

correct, but there are people who don't want to pay, and I am sure HC knows that, hence why they don't deal with anyone outside of the USA.

I dont see why you are disappointed Frost. The trimetal base is fine. You got called to get another base and you chose a far more expensive model. Then they found the base you need and you're getting what you paid for. I wouldnt be disappointed with that. Just my opinion though.

Maybe thats because Canada is very strict on that stuff? Stuff meaning tobacco etc.

All I am saying is they know that shipping to Canada can cause many issues. Thats it, that is all there is to it, and that is why they don't wanna deal with it I am assuming. Not because they are unable to or physically to dumb to do it.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Sep 6 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe thats because Canada is very strict on that stuff? Stuff meaning tobacco etc.

All I am saying is they know that shipping to Canada can cause many issues. Thats it, that is all there is to it, and that is why they don't wanna deal with it I am assuming. Not because they are unable to or physically to dumb to do it.

there is nothing wrong with them declaring tobacco in the package and let customs charge the appropiate duties on it. after all, that is the legal way to do it.
i dont know how strict our customs is now since i had a package of 2x500g nakhla come from israel which was opened and inspected by canada customs. they released the package without charging me any duties.

So i spoke to hookah company and told them how i purchased a nammor from hookah-shisha already....they said they would either give me the money for the hose bought at hookah shisha or give me a khalil mamoon premium light blue hose...i chose the light blue.....very good company....i will deal with them again!

QUOTE (TigerLord @ Sep 6 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys, get fucking real. Jesus christ.

He paid for a tri metal vase, HC called or emailed him to say they didnt have any and asked which he WANTED. He said the thalata base. So he was then notified he'd get a thalata vase, and it was a happier choice.

Then without notice, they broke a written engagement (which had replaced the original) once by shipping another vase.

You think its laughable? It's bad customer service.

These idiots dont even have the brains to properply label their packages to ship to Canada, what does that tell you about that company?

Some of you are deprived of common sense!

Such an over the top response. Actually it's good customer service. It lets you know that they would give away their best option for a replacement pending the inavailability of an item that was posted on their site. They found the vase he paid for...so...now they're giving him what he initially paid for. Oh the injustice.

rolleyes.gif