Tangiers Bowl Packing Video

OK so I made a video of packing the bowl and one of it first starting off. I hope this helps some of the members here.
I have found if you mix a little of cooling with any flavor, it smooths it out more. It is something else you can try too. Mix about 10% to the flavor you are smoking.

Packing Tangiers

Starting the bowl

Round Two of coals

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazing vid's...im waiting for my funnel bowl but ive been reading all the tutorials on how to do it...but vids are really reall nice thanks bro smile.gif

quick question through out your session do you move the coals at all? or with a funnel bowl you can basically leave them like that and it wont burn Edited by Anxiety

QUOTE (Anxiety @ May 1 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
amazing vid's...im waiting for my funnel bowl but ive been reading all the tutorials on how to do it...but vids are really reall nice thanks bro smile.gif

quick question through out your session do you move the coals at all? or with a funnel bowl you can basically leave them like that and it wont burn

Thanks, they are not the best of quality, but I hope it helps everyone get an idea on how to pack a Phunnel.

Yes I move them to the next triangle pattern about every 10 to 15 minutes to start the bowl, and then I will leave them there for the second set and put a windcover on when the coconaras get smaller. I have another round of coals lighting now and I will take a video again. My cameraman is in bed now so I will do the best I can. Then I do the same thing with the new set of coals.

I wanted to get the idea across when you put the first amount of tobacco in the bowl and then the next, the trick is to push it into the first part so you have a nice full bowl. Now I know some tricks too where I can pack this same Phunnel and make it last for only 2 rounds. Roughly 2 and half hours. This pack will last 4 rounds of coals, but I go about 3 rounds max.

yea i really liked seeing a vid of how to pack a bowl over pics of it because to be honest before watching this vid i probaly would have tried to play around with the tangiers when packing instead of more or less slaming it in there, im getting a medium funnel bowl, i see that you use a small mwould you suggest 4 coco's or would 3 get the job done?

I think there should be a Tangier's help sticky with both the noob and pro packing method, and these videos. The threads are just everywhere and it could be a quick place to get tangiers help. BUT if this were to happen, I got dibs on starting the thread. I'm not sure if this is acceptable on the forums though, because it would be directly supporting Eric. But anyway, I got dibs.

Snoopy, awesome videos. Will be very, very helpful. So with the 3 coco's it doesn't get harsh? It seems like with a small phunnel you'd only need 2.
+1 to your beard

There's a lot of 'baccy in there. Maybe that's been my problem, inconsistent amounts of tobacco in the bowl. I'll have to try my tangiers with my new coconara coals this weekend while I'm back home for a few days and see what happens.

QUOTE (Jeff_T @ May 1 2008, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snoopy, awesome videos. Will be very, very helpful. So with the 3 coco's it doesn't get harsh? It seems like with a small phunnel you'd only need 2.
+1 to your beard

It is a little much for the small phunnel, but I can keep up to it. It is perfect heat once they are going for about 25 minutes.

Dude that seems like a lot of heat on that bad boy. I use two to start on my superchief and then drop it to 1 when it gets cookin up right. On a side note: Do you have problems with the coco's staying lit snoop? I will let mine light for ever then when I put them on the bowl I have to have air moving past them to keep them lit andd i have to turn them over like every 5 minutes cause the foil side starts going out. I dunno what the problem is.

QUOTE (SimplexCoda @ May 1 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude that seems like a lot of heat on that bad boy. I use two to start on my superchief and then drop it to 1 when it gets cookin up right. On a side note: Do you have problems with the coco's staying lit snoop? I will let mine light for ever then when I put them on the bowl I have to have air moving past them to keep them lit andd i have to turn them over like every 5 minutes cause the foil side starts going out. I dunno what the problem is.

if your using a propane torch to light them (which you should be) light them until they glow red and when you take them off the flame they should have a small flame coming off them and once the small flame goes out blow on them hard a few times and they should stay lit

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 2 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (SimplexCoda @ May 1 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if your using a propane torch to light them (which you should be) light them until they glow red and when you take them off the flame they should have a small flame coming off them and once the small flame goes out blow on them hard a few times and they should stay lit

I use a little electric stove thing, it takes a little while longer but they've never gone out on me.

Nice video. Next time you pack a bowl, do you think you could take some pictures with a lot of light?

I will try your method next time I fire up my hookah

One question though, when filling the bowl up so much...do you hear the shisha sizzle when you first put coals on? Edited by Deathwish238

QUOTE (Deathwish238 @ May 2 2008, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice video. Next time you pack a bowl, do you think you could take some pictures with a lot of light?

I will try your method next time I fire up my hookah

One question though, when filling the bowl up so much...do you hear the shisha sizzle when you first put coals on?

I hear that normally, even I don't pack it to the brim. I think that's normal.

Great Vid Snoop!

3 Coco's are good enough for me on my small and medium phunnel, it does seem like alot for the small though...

As for the sizzeling, most my bowls sizzle when I drop the coals on.

Yeah I am sorry about the light. I am only using my Canon S70 to take videos. I turned on as much light as I could.
I have a Video Camcorder that uses small tapes. I have cables that I could upload the videos to my compy. I could give that a try too.

I always hear a sizzle when I put on the coals, and get an instant smell of the tobacco. No problems like that with Tangiers.

The key with the coconaras as everyone has said is to make sure they are fully lit and have a little flame going on them. They do take a couple minutes longer to light, but they are worth it. I just flip them about 10 to 15 min. when I move to the next triangle pattern. I have to do the same with exoticas also.

Also remember do not pack to dense because you will never heat up all the tobacco. I use a good firm pack down while packing the bowl and I just push the foil on enough to get an outline of the bowl and it helps to make a really tight foil then.

3 coconars on the small phunnel are ok, np here at all. There is a lot of tobacco in there.