what is your race?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boyfriend and I signed up to this forum together (i'm the doctor and he's ravon)I'm roughly half welsh and half irish- as a result i burn easily, have freckles and yummy shiny red hair.My boyfriend is half welsh and half norwegian.We both grew up in Wales. Please don't be daft and ask either "what state is that in?" or "is that in england?" if you're American.  For some reason it's only Americans who ever ask those questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Tangiers']OK, what state is it in?What do we call them? Provinces? Territories? Districts? Kingdoms?I know Wales, England, Northern Ireland and Scotland are different, but different whats?[/quote]We are a 'constituent nation' of the United Kingdom- we were taken over a very long time ago by the Romans and then the Anglo-Saxons, put into slavery for many years, had a governing system enforced upon us.  It is now in our best interests to be part of a 'United Kingdom' due to our previous subjagation by the 'English', however, power devolution is slowly occuring for Scotland and Wales and will hopefully happen for Northern Ireland too.  In time the UK should change into a trading bloc, but currently we are countries within a greater country.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am a good ole' assimilated American and damn proud of it.I smoke Virgina cuts of pipe tobacco, carry an American made firearm, drink Budweiser beer, drive an American car and vote in all elections. Ahh, patriotism!However, I will just as proudly admit, I enjoy traditions and products from around the globe. Obviously, the first one is the background to the hookah traditions. My favorite food tends to stick to a South Indian styled-palette. North Indian food is just as delicious but I have less exposure to it. I love English blends of tobacco! Tuaca is my favorite dessert drink and comes from Italty. The majority of my technology is vastly Chinese and Japanese inspired.I derive much of my psychology and theology from the minds of Jewish and German scholars. Ancient Greek philosophers still influence my mind and I am fairly dualistic. Though I've only been to the Conch Republic, Mexico and Canada, everywhere I've been people have been very friendly. I haven't been to a place where I haven't loved the people! Sorry you've had such a bad experience. Ravon and The Doctor: If you ever make it to the Mid-Western portion of the United States,
I'll pack a bowl for you and your friends as a peace-smoke. We love our
friends across the pond!

I'm a male[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]
lol ye, im all english, my mum was born on english soil in germany though (english army base)

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Majeth']full blooded  Norwegian  here. All my know family is from different parts of this naïve strip of land. But I was born in NY.[/quote] Ever been to Svalbard? Whats it like? I would be fascinated to see that place.

[quote name='Tangiers']Ever been to Svalbard? Whats it like? I would be fascinated to see that place.[/quote] Sorry mate, can't help you on that point. But I know that if you don't like vegetation blocking the sun (as if there's much sun there at all), and just love that extreme coldness, snow and ice, the place will be perfect for you. ^^