what is your race?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ana al Arab, in case you couldn't figure out by the name. The Al Zrai tribe is from Yemen origionally, migrated to Mecca with the spice trade and spread out with the Arab invasions. My clan is from Lebanon, and my immidiate family is from Enfe, a small town on the northern coast in between Tripoli/Trablus to the north, and Byblos/Jbeil(where the bible was first written, whence the name) , Batrun (birthplace of lemonade), and Beirut to the south. I have a birthright to my Argileh.

Beats me. However, rumor has it that I am mostly Dutch (though I'm not tall like a Dutchman), about a quarter of Cherokee and Blackfoot indian (combined) and just a wee bit of Swedish. Well, maybe more than a wee bit. Like I said before: Beats me.
I'll let the Mystical type in on this though: The first time I went to the Netherlands (about 10 years ago) I climbed up ontop the second floor of a windmill and got the most powerful feeling of dejavou, dejavous, deja....Dammit, you know, the "I've been here before feeling. So strong it was frightening!

I am 75% Mexican 25% Irish or something like that.  Its wierd that
we traced out family tree on one side of our family to the first person
who came from Spain to Texas back in the day when Mexico owned it. 

Ya... damn turks. Did you guys know, that in 1915 more then 1.5 million armenians were slaugthered by the ottoman empire. That time they were known was the Young Turks. I dont blame the turks today for what happened but still, imagine being killed for no reason, 1.5 million armenians. If it wasnt for them, my family would have been so rich now. sorry for the off topic subject but i just thought i should educate some people on the subject. thanks

Yeah, my great-grandfather and great uncle were Crucified by them outside Damascus (on the feast of the cross, just to be spitefull), they were trying to report Turkish War Crimes to the west. We know how it feels, man. Good call about the food, too. I hear in Yeravan there are whole dead lambs in Gyro stalls, so you can see what kind of meat you want and know its fresh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Born and raised in Northern California, but my mom is full South Korean, and my dad is a bit French, and a few other things that I can't remember. Most people say I look Mexican though. I don't look asian at all.