what is your race?

Horay for the Armenian! In Lebanon, we have the largest concentration of Armenians outside of Armenia in eastern Beirut. Persians are cool in my book, Iran pays or the largest public hospitol in the country and really helps out alot of poor families. Yahsman kindof sounds farsi, too. Even if I don't speak a word of Farsi.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am white and born and raised in LA my whole life...however i speak a TOUCH of farsi (mostly the bad stuff) since my best friend is persian.  I am told I look Italian, Mexian, Persian, Greek, Israely and anything else...hence my name "wyteboy" :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am a grab bag of European delight...German, British, Polish, Russian (ok, not all European).  But most of all...CANADIAN!!!
I think it is time for the canadian national anthem
**Cues "Hockey Night in Canada" theme**

(!)

O Canada

Terre de nos aïeux,

Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!

Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,

Il sait porter la croix!

Ton histoire est une épopée

Des plus brillants exploits.

Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,

Protégera nos foyers et nos droits,

Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

I'm always looking for an excuse to bust out the french keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Noticed from everbody's answers that  humanity in general have been stirred in a gigantic melting pot for centuries on. I'm a big baseball fan.Today there are so many non-Americans playing professional baseball.A lot of those Americans, if their father and mother moved to Europe, would probably be football players(soccer).There are a lot of French-Americans playing baseball, who if they had not  gotten to North America would never do such a strange thing.
Instead of what  makes me different from you, I'd rather say, What makes me similar and joined to you.
So, why do most of us spend our time figuring out which Shisha tobacco company has the best flavor of this kind of brand, which is mild, hich has more smoke etc.Without the flavor, we ould probably not smoke. Then there is the quest for the best (smoke). We all believe that the "best" smoke is out there. Like most of us believe there will be a cure for Canc-r someday.Who says?
So, my "race" is Jewish, thats my flavor.Yet, I am perfectly happy when my fellow hookah smoker likes Strawberry to my favorite Melon.My race should not keep me apart from you, but rather a  part of you, since we all smoke mu'assel and  all are humans.And what is a human being, a part or piece in GOD's puzzle.If you are missing one piece at the end of doing a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle, you'd get...pissed.
But thats not good enough, if we are all a part of GOD, than "race" is negative in most cases, rather look at our fellow humans as "Souls" and what is a "Soul", but a real entity, a part of the Infinate GOD, non destructable, like HIM, put into a physical human body to do a job in this physical plane, in this day, that no other person in any previous incarnation has been asked to do.So if we look to ourselves to do our mission, and only blame yourself if you want, not your fellow man, or another race of people.(You don't have to be the petty criminal AND the True Judge GOD at the same time either, you are Only human!)
HubblyBubbly 613

I'm Jewish,  too,  HubblyBubbly and PROUD of it.  I'm 3/4 Russian and 1/4 Italian. 

I've been thinking about moving to Israel.  Nice climate,  no
winter,  and LOTS of GORGEOUS WOMEN.  But,  the cost of
living there from what I've been led to believe is pretty damn
STEEP.  You want a nice sized apartment in a nice area of Tel Aviv
or Jaffa,  it's gonna cost you some BIG bucks.  But, 
aside from that,  it would bring me closer to my people. 
Yes,  I agree with you Hubbly,  we're ALL one people, 
but in Israel I can be a Jew and not worry about people hating me for
it.  There's enough people on this forum who hate me,  living
in Israel would REALLY brighten my spirits. Of course,  Israel is
surrounded by countries that want to destroy it,  but for the most
part it's an absolute paradise.....at least the part of Israel where I
would live is.  I'd get myself an apartment on the
beach.....Beautiful Tel Aviv Beach.  Yeah,  that would be
great,  to be Jew in an ALL JEWISH environment.  I have some
Arab friends here in Milwaukee,  and I can say with all honesty
that they are genuinely nice decent people.  I know Israel is a
melting-pot of Jews and Arabs,  and many of them live peacefully
together,  so I know I would feel right at home with my
hookah,  cigars,  and pipes.  I'd have to find myself a
good cigar shop,  because I can't live without having a cigar or
two at least every couple of days,  and a hookah lounge is a
MUST.  But,  I don't think there'll be any problem with
that,  as the hookah is VERY popular amongst Israelis 

Peacefull melting pot? Did you sneak some hashish into your mahsell? Honestly, what the f**k are you thinking? Israel is a pariah state with a terrible economy dependant on US aid, and an over-riding military presence in all facits of civilian life. All it is is a new Garrison state in the levant. If you have kids now or have kids in Israel, you will forever ruin their chances of ever travelling anywere in the Arab world or Muslim world without a massive tectonic shift in middle east politics. You allready live in the United States, the country with the largest Jewish poulationin the world! [b]More Jews live in New York than in Tel Aviv[/b].
A new Apartheid, only this time Jews hold all the keys. Not even Mizrachi Jews, Ashlenazim with no middle eastern blood whatso-ever, and no "birth-rite" to another's country. " One nation granted to another the country of a third".
If you do move, have fun supporting the blood-letting of my cousins, why don't you.

• 2 weeks later...
50% English (thanks, Mom), 25% Irish, 25% French. 
I love the level of ethnic diversity displayed in the previous posts.  It's probably also why I dig this site so much - because in my experience the less homogenous a group tends to be, the more interesting it usually is. It's cool that people of so many different backgrounds have been funneled into one area because of their common interest in one item;  in this case, the hookah.  Wish I could meet up with some of you and smoke out. 
Anyway, peace to you all.
Marcus

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='tuma al Zrai']Peacefull melting pot? Did you sneak some hashish into your mahsell? Honestly, what the f**k are you thinking? Israel is a pariah state with a terrible economy dependant on US aid, and an over-riding military presence in all facits of civilian life. All it is is a new Garrison state in the levant. If you have kids now or have kids in Israel, you will forever ruin their chances of ever travelling anywere in the Arab world or Muslim world without a massive tectonic shift in middle east politics. You allready live in the United States, the country with the largest Jewish poulationin the world! [b]More Jews live in New York than in Tel Aviv[/b].
A new Apartheid, only this time Jews hold all the keys. Not even Mizrachi Jews, Ashlenazim with no middle eastern blood whatso-ever, and no "birth-rite" to another's country. " One nation granted to another the country of a third".
If you do move, have fun supporting the blood-letting of my cousins, why don't you.[/quote]
There is some truth in what you wrote, only you use certain facts and statements to serve your own purpose.
How about hundreds of thousands kicked out of all the Arab countries in 1948?No  one has paid them for life or property yet.
Anyways, look at all the Arab suiciders who blow up and kill hundreds of their own people at a time.I can't figure  what the ONE and only G-D is going to do to them in the" World  of Truth". As long as Arabs are killing Arabs, (and they always have), get off my back.When did you hear of an Israeli or Jew who blew himself up to kill as many Jews as he could for religous reasons?
Khalan Fahdi

I don't have the foggiest clue what I be. American mutt I suppose. My
family can trace geneology back a little over 100 years but no traces
of anything outside the country on my mothers side. Don't know my
fathers half since me be a bastard.

It's wonderful to see so many blends of people from around the globe.

Okay Khalan, am I safe to asume you are a Sephardim? If you're speaking of Algeria's expulsion of it's 300.000 strong Jewish community, it was related far more to France's cozy relationship with the entire community for well over a hundred years, the Jews were given French citizenship before any other Algerians, and one the hard-liners won, they fled alongside the their French colonial business partners. Syria and Iran (yes I know, not an Arab country but still) still have large Jewish communities. The Lebanese community moved mostly to Brooklyn durring the war, it's bad tor one's image when their co-religeonists were shelling and raping a mile down the road. Lybia, Iraq and Egypt, well yeah, I see your point there.
We all make mistakes, but the Arab world has been far kinder to all Jewry than all of Europe over all but the past sixty years. The thing I cannot fathom is if Israel was serious about peace, why not just let us back in? Why not a bi-lateral state? No, it isn't good for the crazed xenophobic Likudnics (the ones voted into power by the North African refugees) who keep it from happening with the blood of others.
As far as Jewish or Israeli terrorism is concerned, the Stern Gang is well documented, as well as the crazier strains of the Haganah and later the IDf, from Deir Yassin to Sabra, Shatila, Ein el Hilwe and Qana. An Ashkenazi fanatic associated with our favorite plotter's lodge the IDL was just convicted in Los Angeles of plotting to destroy the King Fahd mosque, and the offices of a Lebanese American Congressman. Let us not forget Baruch Goldstein.

Btw since this forum is discussing race , and there seem to be some people who are hard an ashkenaz, and i study anthropology and genetics let me say thisAshkenazi jews are genetically something like 70/60% percent Near Eastern in dna, it varies by country with Franco-german ashkenazim being most semitic and russians being the leasttheir middle eastern genes are closest to Shami(must3arabi) arabs, but far from Arabian arabs (3arabi 3arabiyun), they are especially close to shami christians since shami christians have less Bedouin/Arabian blood than muslims who have some blood from Arabiain fact it is unfair to label Ashkenazim as europeans, partially yes, but they are heavily middle eastern and in fact those nazi charicatures where exagerations of Racial Charicataristics in much same way in the 30s black charicatures where presented [img]  anne frank[IMG] fairouz[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/EnigmaUnknown/ARAMOID.jpg[/img]yes of course very european ashkenazim exists thats what mixing does, but in same family u can find dark ones, and lets not forget Shami arabs have their fair share of blonds and red heads toolest be honest, we disagree so much because we are so simmilarour religions.our music, our language its like mirror images of each other, we argue like two brothers fighting for our fathers attention the attention of not only abraham, but of the most merciful, even our Gods name is the Same Spelled Alef Lamed Mem Heh in Hebrew and Pronounced Eloh, and Alef Lam Mim ha in Arabic And pronounce Allah, u say allah hu Akbar we say Eloheem, which is Eloh plus an Archaic plural (meaning not quanitty but greatness or bigness, its always used with singular adjetives, its a feature found in older semitic languages, and only retained in this instance)Eloheem is like a short way of Saying Eloh El elyon hu kabir ha ra7ameem which is Eloh the G-D most High, He is great, the most MercifuleSalaamu  3Aleikum to my cousinsShalom 3alekhem to my brothersand Shlama 3Alekh to our Uncles (the Syriac/Chaldean Christians who speak aramaic, decendants of the tribe of abrahams fathers(

• 1 month later...