Do you play any instruments?

Lakemonster

I remember a long time ago there was a discussion... I saw that there are some newer folks that also play.. so a new thread is started.

I started learning to play piano in 4th grade.... I go t up to being able to play ou of the church hymnal..... and then my mother said thats as far as she could take me.

In high school I began to get into stringed instruments.. mostly guitar and banjo.... even had a little band of sorts. Southern Rock was the flavor....

I got out of High School and started really getting into electric guitar.... my first one is the black Strat copy in the pic below. Most of my influence at the time was blues .. Stevie Ray Vaughn for the best part... Muddy Waters and BB King.

Ater I got married, I had to sell off my first banjo and barely kept that strat copy out of hock for the most of the time. After starting my own business.. I began to get more of the things I wished I had again.. and then it grew tho things I never had.... and now Im just running out of room.

In the pic you'll see a violin case..... I cant play that thing. Theres an autoharp under the keyboard........ and theres an old mandolin behind the electric on the stand. On the hanging rack is a flute made of bamboo that I purchased from this guy [url="http://www.eriktheflutemaker.com/"]http://www.eriktheflutemaker.com/[/url] at the Ren Faire in Waxahatchie (you should see the bamboo SAX he makes on that site. I gotta have one)

Anyway. heres a pic of my children.

[img]http://hookahnation.net/lakepics/lakesinst.jpg[/img]

I started playing when I was in 6th grade... I started out on Trumpet 6&7th grade,
8th grade I got thrown on Baritone.
Freshman year: I went back to trumpet, and started playing Bass drum in Drum line.
Sophomore year: I picked up clarinet in Concert band, Trumpet in Marching band and Jazz band, Bass Drum in drum line.
Junior year: Alto Sax in Jazz Band, Clarinet in Concert band, Keyboards in Drum line *Xylo*,
Senior year: Keyboard and Clarinet in Marching band, Snare and Tenors in Drum line, Clarinet in Concert Band, Alto Sax in Jazz.
Freshman year in College, Started off on clarinet then moved to Baritone at Riverside Community College Marching Band.
The year after I play trumpet in the same marching band, which brings me up to this year, and I have not played in months.

I was a music major up until this semester when I stopped going to school and started working full time because I needed to eat… haha.. I will be going back to school hopefully next semester up in Sacramento. If not then, then it will be fall of next year. And I do not know if I will continue with music or not… so yea…

There is a recap of my music experience.

MORE DETAILS

i started playing in 4th grade,
5th grade was best drummer in my class
6th grade not the best but up there
7th grade, joined the high school indoor drumline played in the pit
8th grade played cymbols in high school band and bass drum for indoor
9-12 played base becase im a lazy ass motherfucker and dint feal like practicing

can play set but just dont have one anymore

Dang Lake that is cool as hell. I suck at guitar but I twang on it a bit. I have some cool equipment like my Boss BR864 digital recording studio.
You may have seen this because I have posted it. But it is my hideaway studio in my study. If you could have made it to the house party we could have had a helluva time there bro! I will post my guitars later.

[img]http://www.scalliwag.com/studio/HPIM1904.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.scalliwag.com/studio/HPIM1911.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.scalliwag.com/studio/HPIM1912.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.scalliwag.com/studio/HPIM2067.jpg[/img]

Ok... played a bit of trumpet between 5th and 6th grade... but my teacher sucked and I got kicked to clarinet... marched that from 7th-12th grade... I also picked up Bass Clarinet in 7th grade... played that till my second year in college in concert band, minus the two years *11th and 12th* that I played the big ole Bb Contra Bass Clarinet. Freshman year in college marching band I picked up Baritone.... Oh yeah, I also played tenor sax mostly and a little clarinet in Jazz Band my senior year in high school... Umm, I've picked up and played a a few other wind instruments, but nothing serious... I can't play stringed instruments at all, but bass clarinet/contrabass clarinet is where I shine :D Yay for honors bands.

[quote name='MN Hookah']Nice hideaway Scalli, that's wicked[/quote]

Thanks. I mounted the second LCD so I could have my dual monitor setup. I can sit at my desk or on a stool and use my gyro mouse like doing presentations, but it is more a gimmick just for the hell of it.
I need to move my sub from my Klipsch system into there and mount the satellites. But I am trying to make my room look from the 1930's or older when the studio cabinet is closed up so those satellites are really giving me a workout on how to hide them.
The room is supposed to look rather physics and electronics related as well. I have to dig up my transformer for my Tesla coil.
I may keep some nautical stuff and get more of it actually.

I have to hide my printer and the minifridge to finish the concept as well. All of my friends that play like the setup though. Especially since we can record and I can send the off with tracks on CD or a couple have USB memory sticks. We sure live in a great time :)

That's a heck of a collection, Lake and as for you, Scalli, nice work on the hide-away. I've been messin around with guitar for about 2 years, one of them maybe only played about 4 hours in total :(. I was only serious about it for the first 4 months. Learned a few chords and scales but never went much futher. I know a lot of songs I love to play from time to time but that's about it : I wish I had the time and patience to learn more.

Clarinet
Bass Clarinet
Baritone Saxophone
Flute

I played all of them from 6th grade until frosh year...I still have my clarinet and try to play every so often....Thats rare

Violin, drums, guitar, and bass. My grandfather started teaching me to play the violin when I was just a wee tyke. I took up drums when I was little because I had waaaay too much energy that I needed to get out. Started playing the guitar when I was around 12, loved it. Then a couple of years later I started playing bass, which I eventually fell in love with also.

CA said she played the flute, PP... I started learning flute because I dated a few of them in high school, lol.

Macho, that's sweet :D And stupid question... but can you play any Zelda songs?

i dont play any physical instruments....i sing. i was in choir all thru middle school and then when i got to high school i joined the concert and show choir that traveled to all the national and state competitions. does that count?

i drum. my mom taught me to play hand drums when i was 5 (dombecks, djymbes, conga and the sort), about a year ago i got into rock drumming, and im also learning guitar. really i want to learn everything, but i lack time and resouses.