who are PETA?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i dont think i agree with PETA with some things. That adopting cats story is pretty crazy, they just dumped them in a dumpster? If thats true, fuck, thats messed up but i never heard that story before.
Yeah, sure people will eat meat and stuff but killing animals for no reason at all is ridiculous.
Hunting is needed though, there is a large population of many speceies that are over populated- ecspecially deer. The only way to control that is 1. Hunt them, 2. Reintroduce the wolf, the reason there are not alot of wolves is because people hunted them for fur and they also saw wolves as blood thirsty killers so their species slowly disappeared. Im pretty sure they are slowly reintroducing them into the wild.
I think hunting is ok, as long as you use everything off of the animal.

I grew up on a ranch. NOT a 'farm'. You farm corn, you ranch animals. Animals are 'tools'.. They are nothing more than tools for humans to use. Use for food, work, and target practice. We had cattle dogs. If one got to close and died, there was no tears, if one got old, it was shot/ground, and fed to the pigs. If you got hungry, you marched out and shot an animal for dinner.

We did not name our 'animals'.. The cattle/pigs/sheep had ear tags. They were called by their numbers. At 5am I would feed the animals, then I'd eat breakfast, then goto school. We had no bus, I drove a tractor to school since I was 8. Some rode horses. We had stables for them. I had a graduating class of 17. So when I say "I graduated 14th in my class." people are impressed. LOL!

Anyrate... We never mis treated our food/product. THAT is what PETA is about. Food yes, mistreatment no.

Here is a funny flash video for you guys.
Meatrix

As bad as factory farms are, they do provide meat at a low cost to society; this in turn allows those living on lower incomes to purchase and consume meat as part of a healthy diet. No, these people can't get their protein from nuts, and they can't get the essential nutrients by popping pills. They don't have the cash for that; what they do have the cash for is low-cost meat and poultry. So as much as factory farming tugs at my heartstrings, from a utilitarian perspective I'm forced to accept it as a means of raising the standard of living for thousands of people in this country.

heres a fun fact for ya. Im not for peta, and i eat animals daily, its just a funny fun fact.

If aliens came to earth, they would be more likely to speak to an animal other than a human. Oh and humans are animals. We say that like were diffrent. About all that sperates us is our imagination. Thats it. And as for what animal they would speak with, Humpback whales. No joke biggrin.gif Do some research, see how smart they are. There form of communication is far more advanced than any dialect of human language biggrin.gif

QUOTE (EvansLight @ Dec 13 2006, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heres a fun fact for ya. Im not for peta, and i eat animals daily, its just a funny fun fact.

If aliens came to earth, they would be more likely to speak to an animal other than a human. Oh and humans are animals. We say that like were diffrent. About all that sperates us is our imagination. Thats it. And as for what animal they would speak with, Humpback whales. No joke biggrin.gif Do some research, see how smart they are. There form of communication is far more advanced than any dialect of human language biggrin.gif

And as soon as the humpback whale develop their own underwater phone and learn to communicate with us dumb humans, I'll give them a call and ask if they've communicated with any aliens. blink.gif

QUOTE (EvansLight @ Dec 13 2006, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If aliens came to earth, they would be more likely to speak to an animal other than a human.

Really? I'd bet the aliens wouldn't want to speak to the most intelligent species (which I believe is humans, but that's another debate), but rather to that which has produced the most advanced social, economic, and industrial systems. That's us, hands down. Aliens who are technologically advanced enough to perform space travel will have to be organized and productive, and they'll probably want to meet a species that exhibits organization and productivity as well.

yea but would they want to meet a species whos greatest ambition is for the one, not the whole biggrin.gif take a more cynical look at our society. We think were so advanced, we think were so grand, but were about the equivalent of a bad virus infection. We grow and spread consuming all things in our path, without care for the world we live in, and the consequences our actions have on it.

Then theres a humpback whale. Very intellegent, and whos communication skills are far more advanced than our own. They live at harmony with there world, and live at peace. Just because they dont have tall buildings and cars that kill our world, defenitly doesnt make us better than them. The aliens might destroy us because of our waring ways, and just chill with the whales and dolphins biggrin.gif

Also many scientists beleive the most common type of planet where aliens might come from would be an ocean planet. Kinda like Europa. Granted they probably wont evolve past fish, but still, some might. Some might have a few million year head start on humanity. Now if your from the sea on your world, would you start looking on the surface, or in the water of a planet for new friends ;-)

Oh and ants are more organized and productive than humans ;-)

Enough thread hijacking, want to talk about it lets start a new thread..... DOWN WITH PETA!! tongue.gif

I've never understood how the PETA remains standing after the copious amounts of bullshittery (not a word) constantly being exposed concerning their organization.

[OT] If it makes you feel any better, I'm more than willing to bet that the humpback whale will become extinct long before the human race. I have a hard time believing that the communication between humpback whales is more advances than ours, considering all the languages and ways we have of communicating. Honestly, how the hell would anyone know the specific preferences of aliens that have never been discovered, let alone monitored?

Cow population wouldn't be so high if they weren't in such high demand for food and "materials"

*Eats Popeyes chicken and sips milk* [/OT]

QUOTE (cypherkk @ Dec 8 2006, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peta > the dark lord Satan himself.

unless you are refering to the People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. Then PETA = The glorious Lord (insert random celestial being here) himself.

YUM

You got it wrong man its People eating TINY animals, lol either way as long as its for the eating something that used to breath is good

I grew up on a ranch. NOT a 'farm'. You farm corn, you ranch animals. Animals are 'tools'.. They are nothing more than tools for humans to use. Use for food, work, and target practice. We had cattle dogs. If one got to close and died, there was no tears, if one got old, it was shot/ground, and fed to the pigs. If you got hungry, you marched out and shot an animal for dinner.

We did not name our 'animals'.. The cattle/pigs/sheep had ear tags. They were called by their numbers. At 5am I would feed the animals, then I'd eat breakfast, then goto school. We had no bus, I drove a tractor to school since I was 8. Some rode horses. We had stables for them. I had a graduating class of 17. So when I say "I graduated 14th in my class." people are impressed. LOL!

Anyrate... We never mis treated our food/product. THAT is what PETA is about. Food yes, mistreatment no.

I spent 7 years living on a very small property in idaho. we had animals to... We named our cow hamburger. tongue.gif

I would say he was delicious, but I don't think we aged him long enough before we ate him. It was a little gamey.

Heres a great BULLSH*T segment (pen and teller's show) about PETA, its freaking great.

Basically theyre a group a pseudo-intellectual hypocrites that thrives on vaguely radical idiots. They normally recruit know-nothing college students, highschool students, etc, in essence, people who think they know everything.

Animal rights as a concept is cute and fine, but when it comes down to killing animals for humans to live, theres no question. I would set fire to an entire garbage can full of the cutest puppies on earth to save the life of one homeless drug addict.

see steve i agree with that guy. when navy sonar is fucking up the sonar of dolphins i think it was, and they are dying as a result, that seems like a good reason to see if you cant fix it so it doesnt harm them. doesnt seem like bs to me to try to limit the unneccessary harm towards animals.

one can be anti peta but pro animal well being. im all for animals being treated well, having their habitats preserved, and having human harm limited when unnecessary. on the other hand, i think that the cows that are treated well can still be eaten by humans. why not? but just because theyre animals doesnt mean cruelty towards them is ok.