Any metalheads on here?

No Show

I see we have some common taste in music. If you can somehow get your hands on the Non Human Level album , I recommend it tongue.gif Has some Meshuggah (spelling probably butchered ) and Darkane members in it. Big emphasis on guitar , couple instrumental songs.

http://www.marockmagazine.com/interview_No...man%20level.php
heres a review of the album tongue.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just thought id say i picked up my coppy of volkerball today and its fucking great, i dunno if id rank it higher than live aus berlin but its up there definently alot of onstage crazy antics and pyro so im a happy man.

but you guys in the states might ave to wait a while for it as i heard its not comming out as a NTSC but only PAL

• 3 weeks later...
Cannibal Corpse is too much. LOL I love em though, just cant listen to that type of metal that much. Smoking a hookah and cannibal corpse = headache for me.

Skull full of maggots

I also enjoy dragonforce, iced earth and Dreamtheatre, but I dont think they count as metal. But for reference those 3 bands are what I listen to when I take tests, and Ill be damned they get me a B or an A everytime.

Dream theatre is usually considered as either progressive rock or progresive metal , their Train of Tought album ( which I simply adore each minute of) is what i'd consider their metal side. I listen to them and their instrumental counterpart , Liquid tension experiment , while i smoke.

Rammstein put on one hell of a show -- one of the best I've seen in terms of the stage show -- but I never really thought of them as metal. Make sure you're close enough to the stage to feel the heat -- it's a rush.

Dream Theater put on an incredible show as well, on the other side of the spectrum -- technical musical excellence -- but I'd be even more reluctant to think of them as metal. They're an absolutely brilliant band musically, but no direction, attitude, or thematic depth whatsoever. Listening to their lyrics makes me feel a bit embarassed for them huh.gif But yeah, Train of Thought is fantastic from start to finish (sans the "As I Am" cheesiness) and Glass Prison is also way up there.

Opeth are damn good -- I'm really disappointed that Martin Lopez is no longer with them. The drums really make the band.

Arch Enemy and Cradle of Filth are usually very well executed -- hurray for the Erlandsen brothers!

I've also been enjoying some Cephalic Carnage lately. Crazy stuff happening in there.

But I wouldn't listen to ANY of this music while smoking hookah... you guys are crazy laugh.gif

haha, yeah Cephalic Carnage is pretty amazing in many of their songs... I love listen to metal when smoking shisha from time to time but not Cephalic for sure... their tempos and beats are way too spazzy to relax and to smoke shisha to. So I can defenantly understand ya there and for sure by far the best music for shisha has got to be slower and really relaxing music *nods nods*

• 7 months later...
QUOTE (james @ Nov 23 2006, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No props to Job for a Cowboy? Shame.

I haven't listened to metal in months. I'm lame like that now.

Has anyone listened to the new JFAC album, "Genesis"? It is seriously awesome Death Metal, possibly my favourite this year. No good for smoking shisha to (like most metal), but a great listen while you aren't buzzed.

Metal since birth. \m/ Extol is sick for black metal, but Dimebag Darrel owns all metal bands, all hail Pantera!

Slipknot is hardly metal. I've heard my 8th grad choir make music that was 5 times as metal as slipknot.

I enjoy plentiful amounts of Meshuggah, Nine Inch Nails (not "metal" but whatever), among others that have already been named. And you've got to remember TROGDOOOOR! BURNINATION! Oh and of course Dethklok, that goes without saying. Bloodrocuted!

QUOTE (web250 @ Oct 9 2006, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a big metalcore fan:
Between The Buried And Me
Every Time I Die
Curl Up And Die
From A Second Story Window
Dillinger Escape Plan

although classic metalheads hate that stuff generally.

I saw From a second story window a ton of years ago when they were under a different name and i believe a very different lineup......man were they horrible, so i cant take them seriously now

QUOTE (Losgann @ Dec 14 2006, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think anyone has mentioned them yet, but any In Flames fans?
currently lovin' them right now..

Yeah im surprised no one has mentioned them....my girl introduced me to them and i thought they blew at first.....but then i saw them at ozzfest a couple years ago and they blew me away...needless to say they have now infiltrated my mp3 player's most played list