Hookah Lifespan

hey guys i bought my hookah about 1 and a half year ago , and slowly it started going tasteless and smokeless , For the first couple of months It was a feast , it wass full of taste and it would create some massive clouds .. but as time went by it just started dropping in quality ,.. and i had some hookhas before that , that would go by the same process , i cleaned it with hot water and lemon , scrub real nice the rosh and the body but it just isn't the same anymore .. am I the only one that feels that the hookah have a lifespan ?? Anyone of you guys been through this? is there anything that i can do to improve it ? .. thanks in advance :)

It's the hose that has a lifespan, the actual pipe not so much. Get a new hose though, and you should feel the difference. That is assuming you have a quality pipe that hasn't started rusting or anything like that, right?

Yeah, if you have leather hoses, they don't last forever.

As for a used hookah not tasting like a new one, this is why some of us have different pipes for different flavors or classes of flavor (guilty...)