Need Help! Little/no Flavor

Hi, im a relatively new hookah smoker and i just bought myself a hookah and some AF flavors and a few bowls. I have been trying to set up my hookah the best i can with many tries but all to no avail. 

I get moderate to large clouds but the flavor of the shisha just doesn't come out fully, i get slight hints of it every now and then, but for the most part it just tastes like smoke and a hint of flavor. Here are some pictures of my set up, hopefully someone can help me!

30b1dts.jpg
10qcs5e.jpg
2hg4har.jpg
2ynp5zc.jpg
eknrt4.jpg

The bowl looks to be underpacked. Don't worry about the tobacco touching the foil- just be sure the bowl is nice and full. Check out the Beginner's Guide to Hookah thread, pinned to the top of this section you posted your thread in. There is a picture that shows what I'm talking about. Also not sure about the hole pattern, but I haven't really deviated from my go-to pattern in so long that it's hard for me to say if yours could be a problem or not really. Good job on starting the coals out on the sides. Did you try moving them in a bit to see if that increased cloudage/flavor any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing I would recommend that chris recommended is more tobacco, just a smidge under the edge of the bowl.

And second thing, crack your coals in half, most hookah smokers don't do it, but you will get FAAAR better results and go through less coal too.

First thing I would recommend that chris recommended is more tobacco, just a smidge under the edge of the bowl.

And second thing, crack your coals in half, most hookah smokers don't do it, but you will get FAAAR better results and go through less coal too.

Half coals work wonders.  Can confirm.