Ugh Any Good Places To Buy Shisha In Cedar Rapids/coralville Ia Area?

I'm new to the hookah scene (and forums too lol) and live in the cedar rapids/iowa city area, but am having a hard time finding any good places that sell shisha that are still around; pretty much most of the ones that pop up in a yahoo search I heard aren't around anymore x_X

I know there's one or two hookah bars/lounges in Iowa city, but heard that buying shisha in lounges is expensive?

It's fairly easy to buy online depending what brands and flavors you are looking for. there are countless vendors. Price-wise This guy rigth here has the best deals on shisha. and he has every flavor pretty much. 

http://www.hookahforum.com/user/3233-mattarios2/        

You can also buy from sites online like hookah-shisha.com and others but This person has the best deals and fastest shipping. 

here is his vendor thread.

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/50000-mattar-merchandising-official-thread/ \

exactly what shishas are you looking for? 

Im not familiar with brands yet, but i love anything that is cherry, green or red apple, and blueberry :) I've tried raspberry and it is very good; pretty much any 'berry' is good with me lol I've also tried rose, which is ok, but never really seems to give me a good buzz; of course its possible I may not be doing something right as well haha

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/50000-mattar-merchandising-official-thread/

Click the spreadsheet in his sig. You'll most likely like the Nakhla Mizo line, as its full of strong fruity flavors. Pretty cheap too.

I've never purchased from him personally, but he's been a contributing member of this forum and others for years. I just have a place that I can get my supplies locally.

Im not familiar with brands yet, but i love anything that is cherry, green or red apple, and blueberry :) I've tried raspberry and it is very good; pretty much any 'berry' is good with me lol I've also tried rose, which is ok, but never really seems to give me a good buzz; of course its possible I may not be doing something right as well haha

No worries. here's what you should do start with a great brand. My opinion is ask him for Nakhla. Nahkla makes the best raspberry flavor i have ever had and their blueberry is even more amazing imo. They also have another great flavor called sweet melon. and they have a good creamy Lychee flavor as well as a delicious orange flavor. Mattarios (aka John) has the best price you can legally get for it. all you need is paypal and you're set. i'd get 250gram packs personally but he also sells tiny 50gram boxes as well price-wise he has the best value you can find anywhere i have seen yet. So the more you order at a time the less you pay in shipping :-) message him and ask him any questions you need.

He will save you So much mmoney. never buy shisha from a lounge Unless you live in Cali and go to The place that makes Tangiers. (other than that most lounges with charge you an arm and a leg)

If you want any advice and pointers on what to try what coals to get feel free to message me or virtually anyone here were all friends here! :-) 

Welcome to hookahforum ! 

Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

i say if u want to try nak hit up john for sure on the link listed, he will be the best prices u will find and fast delivery. but if u wanna try anything else gotta go online man, iowa isn't a huge hub for hookah, we have some iowans on here only way to go is Online. but for any other questions we are the spot

I also have another newbie question about packing lol I have a standard bowl (I ordered my hookah from hookahkings.com), and I heard tight packing yields the best flavor and smoke, but I thought you still have to allow airflow through the shisha? I'm just not sure how I could best do that with my standard bowl.

That is a mod bowl. simple Chinese cheap ceramic. it wouldn't yield great smoking results. Not saying all ceramic is bad. but cheap chinese ceramic bowls fry your tobacco. for heat management purposes you'd need wither Stoneware-ceramic, high quality glass, or clay. That being said the standard for stoneware is the Tangiers small Phunnel. You can find tangiers bowls on many sites like texashookah.com or 5starhookah.com, Juicymist.com, as well as many other sites for Tangiers bowls. For Glass, nothing touches Crown hookah bowls you'd have to get those at Crownhookah.com.

For clay all you need is a simple egyptian bowl. they cost like 4$ but they are nothing fancy. they can give you a decent 40 min - 1 hr smoke session. Your best option would be a phunnel bowl. 

Mod bowls aren't very good in terms of heat management. but for the time being they can be used until you get something better. Message Mattarios to inquire about some Nahkla shisha and get any flavors you want he has a full inventory. I recommend Nakhla Mizo  Blueberry, and Mizo raspberry. and you can't go wrong with sweet melon, or orange. 

Oh really? dang, I wish I would've known that before ordering from hookahkings.com. I also noticed today that the glass base it came with had a 'made in china' sticker on the bottom which pissed me off; their site claims it only sells high quality stuff >_< ugh I have a lot to learn lol

it is just a learning curve everyone goes through. As far as your bowl goes, it would require average density nahkla (sprinkle it in about a 1/4 of an inch blow the rim of the bowl, press it down enough so its just at about rim level or right below, poke lots of hole going all the way to the bottom of the bowl) For al Fakher, sprinkle it in at about rim of the bowl, poke lots of small holes.

For afzal and desi murli, throw it in, poke holes, put on coals.

The other popular brand (tang, starbuzz, fumari) would yield poor results with that bowl 

If anyone else lives in the coralville, ia area, I just found a store that sells al fakher and mizo shisha! It's called global mart, and is right next to gamerz and the old hookah bar; I just found it out today and got some mizo for a quick weekend fix lol I'm sure most everyone orders online, but I thought i'd mention it just in case anyone is in a pinch for shisha ^_~