Al Rayan Tobacco

Anybody ever hear of this stuff? 

http://www.alrayanmolasses.com 

61405Two-App.jpg

It's from Jordan and I think it's very new. Oddly, their North American sales office is in Canada...

Khan al-Khalili (in Northern VA) has most of their flavors, and I tried their grape last night and it was surprisingly good - very close to the old, beloved, long gone AF grape.  The cut and consistency is very similar to AF, as well. Pretty sure it's washed, it's a very light-feeling smoke with no buzz. Pretty good if you like that sort of thing (I do as a break from the heavier stuff).

Given the success of the grape, I may get 50g packs of some of their other flavors. So far they just have basic stuff, DA, grape, strawberry, melon, wmelon, mint, lemon, some mint combos and a few other things, nothing unusual.

looks promising for a few flavors with the decline of AF...

I also really liked the minar pan masala which is washed, and very robust flavor for a washed tobacco, right now H1 only has the one flavor ( save the 3 juraks ) but they also have a few of the classic flavors ...I really hope H1 gets the other flavors. 

but yeah , you should try some more and let us know

I've had a few of their flavors. Nothing really caught my attention. Not good not bad just a decent standard.

Huh?

I have to say, once my small stage of magical Kuwaiti mystery grape is done (I'm guarding that shit as if it's the cure to the apocalypse), this may become my default grape. Hell it may be my default as of now, saving the Kuwaiti stuff for special occasions.

Looks like a white grape. Any difference taste wise between white and purple?
Also! What's the best grape flavor? Wish I coulda experienced AF grape in it's heyday

Also! What's the best grape flavor? Wish I coulda experienced AF grape in it's heyday

I can't tell the difference between colors of grapes when it comes to mu'assal. I think it's all in the head.

The best grape flavor is my mystery stuff from a small shop in Kuwait. It came from a a 5-gallon size Al-Waha bucket, labelled Shirazi Grape, in English and Arabic. I have seen NO reference to such a flavor anywhere online, searching in both languages.

It is unbelievable, possibly the best flavor (of conventional fruity mu'assal) ever made. It's deteriorated a bit since I got it (September), and even then it's STILL great (had it about 2 weeks ago).

I have maybe 350-400g left of it and I smoke it only on special occasions. (I sent Kasbah a sample, maybe he'll chip in. He loved it too). Had I know it was that good, I'd have brought back a LOT more than 500g!

Barring that, I don't really like Mizo grape or Tangiers white grape. They're both pretty similar to each other, and both are OK. Not better than OK. Current AF grape is utter shit. Cleopatra (aka Salloum) grape is not bad, but it's a very light, sour candy-esque smoke. I'm very skeptical about the more modern flashy companies' products, so haven't bothered. Of the ones I've mentioned, Al Rayan is REALLY good. It is very close to the old Golden AF Grape - maybe not quite as tangy, or quite as luscious, but it's pretty close.

You know TwoApplesPlease? How's he's obsessed with apple flavors and has tried tons of different ones? I'm like that with grape, only the vast majority of ones out there are very disappointing if you've ever had the original standard of old AF.

I've not had the original standard of af so I feel it may have been a blessing haha. Al Rayan's website was really glitchy for me. May have just been my mobile tho. Ill check it out tomorrow. I may check out Mizo as well as tang. Won't hurt to try.

Hass change your name to twograpesplease :P

Hass have you tried starbuzz royal grape? I know how you feel about SB but seriously, this is one flavor they got right.

ok every time i try to add items to my cart it shows it as being 0$.  Are they ready for operation?

I wonder if it's just my tastebuds or something, but every grape flavor I have these days tastes like those gummy/sugary Sour Soothers candy. Every single one. They probably always did, too, I just had not had the wide variety of flavors then that I have had now. Seriously, the best "grape" I've had is Static Starlight, and I wouldn't even call that a grape flavor. 

• 3 years later...
On 07/05/2013 at 4:28 AM, Hassouni said:

I can't tell the difference between colors of grapes when it comes to mu'assal. I think it's all in the head.

The best grape flavor is my mystery stuff from a small shop in Kuwait. It came from a a 5-gallon size Al-Waha bucket, labelled Shirazi Grape, in English and Arabic. I have seen NO reference to such a flavor anywhere online, searching in both languages.

It is unbelievable, possibly the best flavor (of conventional fruity mu'assal) ever made. It's deteriorated a bit since I got it (September), and even then it's STILL great (had it about 2 weeks ago).

I have maybe 350-400g left of it and I smoke it only on special occasions. (I sent Kasbah a sample, maybe he'll chip in. He loved it too). Had I know it was that good, I'd have brought back a LOT more than 500g!

Barring that, I don't really like Mizo grape or Tangiers white grape. They're both pretty similar to each other, and both are OK. Not better than OK. Current AF grape is utter shit. Cleopatra (aka Salloum) grape is not bad, but it's a very light, sour candy-esque smoke. I'm very skeptical about the more modern flashy companies' products, so haven't bothered. Of the ones I've mentioned, Al Rayan is REALLY good. It is very close to the old Golden AF Grape - maybe not quite as tangy, or quite as luscious, but it's pretty close.

You know TwoApplesPlease? How's he's obsessed with apple flavors and has tried tons of different ones? I'm like that with grape, only the vast majority of ones out there are very disappointing if you've ever had the original standard of old AF.

Hi there, I was wondering if you could kindly share the address of this shop in Kuwait I have relatives there who I'm hoping can get me this old school type AF grape??? Appreciate any feedback thanks ?