Motorcycles, Motorcycles, Motorcycles!

fineout

Anyone else here ride? I've got an 08 Kawasaki Versys, took her apart during a TC session last month and now that shes all back together and the weather's been pretty nice here I've finally gotten to ride her a lot. Just got myself and my gf a set of Sena SMH10 comms for our helmets so we can chat when shes on the back.

• 3 months later...
I've got an 05 Kawasaki ninja zx6r. It's a fun bike. Gotta get some new plastics right now tho. A couple of the bolts fell out after I dropped it and I didn't realize it. The plastics decided to fly off on one of my joy rides the other day. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Mine has stayed side by side with a 2012 cbr repsol that had a couple upgrades done to it. All that's done to mine is a sprocket set. And I don't even know the size. They came on the bike when I bought it. I have compared them to a stock set and the aren't the same. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Mines all stock. The guy that had it before me didn't do anything to it but put about 500 mils on it and lay it over in a parking lot doing about 10 MPH. And the original owner babied it. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

• 3 weeks later...
Mine has sat in front of my apartment for a while too. I somehow lost a couple bolts out of the bottom and didn't know about it till I was heading down the interstate at about 85. The plastics flew off. Gotta either fix the old ones or buy some new ones. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know yet. I've been thinking of selling my range and buying a used panigale. but for sure this time around, has to be at least 850ccs. the sb650 was fun, but the acceleration was too slow and 6th gear topped out too soon. need more power!

• Upvote 1

my friend just got one. took it for a test ride the other day. granted i do have some bias with ducatis, but that thing roars! what kind of negatives have you heard? mechanical issues? it is expensive to maintain for sure

Edited by gakouri

I've heard theyre expensive and arent super stable at speed and the geometry is weird for anything other than racing basically from what i hear the older superbikes were better as a street ride than a panigale.

I've had the 848 evo and the 796 monster. The evo was a very smooth ride. On the highway, it was ridiculous. The handling on the side roads was a bit difficult because of it's bulkyness. The monster was an awesome toy. Wipping around the streets of la particularly mulholland dr and Hollywood was dope. My friend had the 696 at the time, we would just tear the streets up. With any Ducati, the engine's roar is just amazing.

I really should work for Ducati sales! Honestly I'd rather spend more time with the Panigale before I make any sort of purchase.

• 5 years later...