Antiques!

Coleman

Ok so my whole day has been spent out at antique shops and although I didn't get much I did find two Ernest Hemingway reprints from 1954 and 1957 (five bucks a book) and it was his first novel the "sun also rises" and one of his most famous "a farewell to arms"

You and your harem of damn hipsters. Tell me how "sun also rises" is. I've always wanted to read it but never have. Have you read "snows of kilimanjaro"?

They don't actually read them they just collect them :P

• Upvote 1

Sadly I haven't yet fouda I've been gettin more in to Hemingway recently along with majority of the lost generation (for those who know what that is) I haw only read for whom the bell tolls I'm starting sun also rises tonight and will read a farewell to arms next hopefully in the next few days

Sadly I haven't yet fouda I've been gettin more in to Hemingway recently along with majority of the lost generation (for those who know what that is) I haw only read for whom the bell tolls I'm starting sun also rises tonight and will read a farewell to arms next hopefully in the next few days

mega hipster mode :D

Lay off the hipster shit guys. Final warning. Nice, Coleman! I too have been getting into old stuff. Right now it's primarily straight razors, though. I picked up three old ones off of Craigslist and they're my best shavers yet! One needs new scales, and I plan on restoring it. I hope to learn how to do it myself and kind of make it a hobby. I just overall have an appreciation for older things and the value they hold in our modern day and age where everything is now made to be used and thrown away.

Were just joking Chris, and Cole knows it! I agree with you on the fact that new stuff thats basically made to fall apart as soon as warranty is over sucks, on the other hand a lot of antique stuff isnt visually appealing to me... the stuff that is though... <3

I'm seeing the hipster shit on many threads. It's getting a bit old. Let's keep this thread on topic of antiques. Yeah, I like antiques that are old yet still have a purpose in the modern world. Old stuff that is not useable or just wouldn't be practical to use belongs in a museum. :P My old 1860s antebellum house I lived in growing up was filled with antiques. I really miss it, actually. My mother, although crazy, had a knack for nice stuff and really knew how to decorate, bringing home really cool antiques from auctions and whatnot.

Tell me how they are when you do. My friend gave a report on Hemingway recently and really sparked my interest. I've been on a Faulkner swing recently

Lay off the hipster shit guys. Final warning. Nice, Coleman! I too have been getting into old stuff. Right now it's primarily straight razors, though. I picked up three old ones off of Craigslist and they're my best shavers yet! One needs new scales, and I plan on restoring it. I hope to learn how to do it myself and kind of make it a hobby. I just overall have an appreciation for older things and the value they hold in our modern day and age where everything is now made to be used and thrown away.

Sounds like Coleman has been converting you.