Question

ezxen

I'm not huge into cigars, only have smoked them for a short time and am 1/100000000000000th as experienced as i am about hookah but here's my advice from as little as i know.
acid makes pretty good quality flavored cigars, but if youre looking for a mild tobacco only flavor i like the mild romeo y julietas. Edited by fineout

You have a number of choices based on strength and flavour.
In real cigars you will have 2 main types of "wrapper", that is to say the colour of the leaf that the cigar is wrapped in, natural and maduro. Natual is, as you will imagine, is a normal, lighter coloured leaf, the Maduro is a darker, fuller flavoured leaf.

In the last few years, other varieties of wrapper leaves have become popular including corojo and cameroon to name a few.
If you are lookign for a lighter flavour (relativly speaking) go with a natural wrapper.

There are a number of brands that you will find just about everywhere: Punch, Macanudo, Fuente, Camacho, Romeo Y Julieta, Cohiba, and of course my favourite legaly obtainable in the US, El Rey Del Mundo. This is not even a fraction of what you will find in your local shop. PERSONALLY, and this is purely personal, I don't like the legally available R y J and Cohibas. Havign had the Cuban versions I find both are over priced based on their names, not on the quality of the ones you CAN get here.

My problem with Acid cigars is that they are sweetened. The wrappers are soaked in sugar water like cheap rum crooks and I just can't take a cigar with a sweetened wrapper seriously.

With that said, do you have a cigar shop near you with a real tobacconist you can talk to?

• 2 weeks later...
For a lighter cigar, I would go with something with a connecticut wrapper. A good rule of thumb (works a lot, but not always) is the lighter the wrapper, the lighter the cigar.

As an avid cigar smoker, however, I don't like them anymore. Give me a maduro or darker wrapped cigar any day :D
  • Upvote 1