Watermelon

PK

Layalina Watermelon

Setup- 26 inch MYA acrylic, small phunnel bowl, heavy foil

Coals- Canary Golden Japanese

Smell/Cut- Not just wet, oozing wet. Dark red and juice all over my hands smile.gif

Smoke- Thick white clouds

Taste- As with most Layalina flavors the taste was powerful yet subtle (get that?). Taste was a great light watermelon/melon flavor that I found to be extremely pleasant and enjoyable. I enjoy my Nakhla but this session had my tipping my hat to Layalina. I usually enjoy the way Strawberry smokes but I think I found my new Layalina favorite. Great mellow melon.

Buzz- none

Overall- 8/10.

• 1 month later...
Layalina Watermelon

Round 4 of my layalina smokefest....now this is what im talkin bout!!!

Smell/Flavor: very good smell...smells like a nice juicy watermelon! i was expecting a candylike/gum flavor but this is the most realistic watermelon flavor i have i smoked. in fact ill go as far as saying its the most realistic flavor i have smoked...not candylike at all! huge plus!

Cut: very wet with a few stems found outta 50g pack thus far and a little fine but nowhere near as gritty and fine as al amir which is a plus.

Smoke: yea not so sensitive to heat like the last 3 layalina smokes but once it got going i was puffin like a choo choo train!!!!

Buzz: non-existent.

Amount(approx)/Duration: it was late so we smoked for about an hour. im sure it woulda gone longer.

Hookah Type: 27inch Gold MYA Bohemian w/standard MYA hose

Bowl: standard MYA

Foil/Screen: reynolds heavy duty

Coal/Amount: 2 easy lite japanese coals to start, added a 3rd halfway thru.

Liquid in Base: ice and h20

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 8/10. awesome flavor and smoke! like i said the most realistic flavor i have ever smoked. im not a real big watermelon eater otherwise this woulda scored higher but my friend was lovin it! the clouds were nice n thick which is another big thumbs up. too bad its cold out otherwise id be puffin away on this again...theres always 2morrow! highly recommended!

• 4 months later...
Layalina Watermelon:

Setup: 2 hose mya bohemian, tangiers medium funnel bowl + glass scalli mod. Started with 3 and added 4th japanese easy-lite

Smell: sweet watermelon/melony smelling flavor, not amazingly strong, but undeniable.

Smoke: thick enough for me, and i heard no complaints until the end when coals were dying

Flavor: sweet melony flavor, like most layalina not overpoweringly strong, but there. the crowd seemed to approve.

Lasted as long as 2 sets of coals did, lots of juice/unburned shisha left, say 2 hours+ and room for another hour maybe, if not more.

Overall 9/10, i wish the flavor was stronger, but my tastebuds are kinda fried, so it coulda been me.

see http://www.hookahforum.com/The-Suburban-Sm...day-t11090.html for pictures (the blue mya, warning, not 56k friendly).

• 3 weeks later...
Layalina Watermelon

Cut - Medium cut by my god it was juicy! I actually started laughing when I first opened the package up because it was just rediculous
Smell - Not an overpowering smell but more subtle and delicious. Deffinitely smelled like watermelon though
Smoke - The thickest I've had yet
Taste - Once again, not overpowering but subtle. Not that there isn't any taste, its just not in your face about it. Delicious from the beginning till the end (1 1/2 hours)

Rating - 9/10 Since I haven't tried a flavor and brand yet that I though was to die for there have been no perfect 10's. This is a very fine product though.

Headache Level - 5/10, not nearly as bad as Nakhla or Waha but still there.

LAYALINA WATERMELON

Setup: 20" Egyptian with Large bowl, 3 Kings 40mm coals, foil, and cold water

Flavor: Damn is all I can say! This tastes like a real watermelon. Good job, Layalina!

Smoke: I was getting some pretty huge white clouds.

Buzz: I got a pretty good buzz off this one.

Duration: 'Bout an hour.

Overall Rating: 10/10 Watermelon galore! Just found a new favorite!

TX

• 1 month later...
LAYALINA WATERMELON

Setup:Egyptian Pharoah 30"
Bowl:Tangier's Phunnel w/ Scalli mod
Hose:Good Ole Cobra
Screen/Foil:Foil
Liquid In base:H2O with Lots o' Ice

Cut: Light on the stems but COVERED in artificial Watermelon flavoring juice. It dyed my white t-shirt! I hope it washes out...

Smell: Smells like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher. A bit artificial.

Taste: Sweet with about as close to a Watermelon taste as you are going to get with Mu'useel

Smoke Thickness: Thick smoke. Surrounded me with clouds, which is what I like

Buzz: Pretty good. I was a bit heady through the whole bowl

Duration: 1 and a half Goldens. about an hour and 15 mins.

8/10 - Not too bad. I'm not a huge Watermelon fan and the wife liked it better then I did, but I'd buy it again for sure. It's a good flavor to have around for Newbies for sure... Really sweet and not harsh in the least. Edited by haunt1

• 2 months later...
Layalina WaterMelon

Setup :
Large style Egyptian Hookah [My Che Hookah] Nammor Hose. Cold Tap Water in Vase. Small Tangiers Funnel with Glass Mod.

Coals : Japanese easy light style coals.

Tobacco Smell & Appearance : Strong Smell - But does not smell of watermelon?! Typical Juicy layalina and layalina cut.

Taste : It may not smell of Watermelon - but damn does it taste of it?! Amazing Flavour very very strong through out my 3hr session.

Duration : Three hour session - Flavour remained good the whole time!

Overall : Another Winner from Layalina! This is a great tobacco. Another one I shall keep stocked in my layalina arsenal! Raspberry, blackberry & WaterMelon! 10/10

JD

• 2 weeks later...
Layalina Watermelon

Setup : Mya Bambino + standard bowl that I got with it. Cold tap water.

Coals : 1 Quicklight

Tobacco Smell & Appearance : Strong Smell but doesnt really smell of watermelon :/

Taste : Awww damn....what a session this was! at first I couldnt taste much but i had a little chocolate and after I took a puff damn....strong taste!! biggrin.gif

Smoke : 1st puff - Nothing, 2nd puff - a tiny smoke but 3rd....HUGE! Clouds!

Duration : About 45 mins and I could taste it all the way through!

Overall : Might have to buy some more!! 10/10!!

• 2 weeks later...
Layalina Watermelon

Setup: Medium Acrylic, Medium phunnel, mod, baroody natural coals, cold tap water.

Smell: Candy watermelon.

Cut: Couple of big stems, a few more small ones. Longer cut than some other shishas.

Taste: Pretty good. Maybe it was because almost every review on it is 10/10 "YOU HAVE TO GET THIS," but I was expecting more. Still, its a nice candy watermelon.

Smoke: Typical Layalina; block out the lights.

Duration: I can get a 3 and a half hour session out of this in my phunnel if I pack well. With flavor the entire time. Gotta love the phunnel.

Buzz: Literally nothing.

Overall: 7.5/10 A good shisha. As I said, I was expecting more, maybe because everyone rates it so high. It's a pleasant candy flavor, but nothing out of this world extraordinary. I keep it stocked.

• 1 month later...
Layalina Watermelon

Smell: Jolly Ranchers Watrermelon

Taste: Tastes very simmilar to the smell.

Smoke: Some pretty nice smoke. My father was impressed

Buzz: Relaxing, but not to much

Overall: Wasn't very impressed with this shisha, it was much better mixed with a little mint. Still, I might not finish this tub

watermelon

Setup: mya bohemian with medium phunnel bowl, 2 40mm 3 kings coals.

Appearance: dark red and very wet, average amount of stems.

Smell: really good, it smells very sweet and comes close to real watermelon.

Smoke: thick and white.

Flavor: strong and sweet. can`t really describe the taste but i think its awesome.

Buzz: didn`t get any buzz (i smoke cigarettes too)

Duration: i smoked this for 1 1/2 hours and the taste lasted the whole time.

Overall: 9/10 i liked this flavor alot and always keep it in stock

• 2 weeks later...
Layalina WATERMELLON:

Setup: Lunar 2 Hose Hookah 34", Cobra hoses, Standard clay bowl, 2 Starlight coals, water and Ice in the base, regular foil (1 layer).

Smell: Very Sweet watermellon smell, kinda like jolly ranchers? or the big league chew bubble gum watermellon flavor. rolleyes.gif

Cut: Not too many stems, medium cut. Very drippy wet.

Taste: Eh, not too impressed here sad.gif . The taste was sweet, but also tasted sadly like vomit. Im not being overly picky here either. It tasted bad. This was not a heat issue, there was just a very strange undertaste besides the sweet watermellon candy taste.

Smoke: Decent smoke, not awesome. average.

Duration: I cant really give an acurate rating on this category because I gave up on this flavor after 20 mins.

Buzz: None.

Overall: 4/10. This flavor had potential in my opinion, but the other hidden flavor really ruined it for me.

• 5 months later...
Layalina Watermelon

Setup: 14" Mya QT, 40mm(2) Golden Coal(Quick Light)

Cut: Straight out of the box

Smoke: This was my very first flavor/brand I tried so I wasn't too sure how a "good" smoke was.But from what I smoked,it was nice and heavy.It felt amazing while inhaling it.

Buzz: Well,since this was my first Hookah smoke,I got a relatively nice buzz from it..Of course I was beasting it like I had 10 minutes to live happy.gif...But I will forever trust in Layalina to give me a nice/smooth buzz.

Flavor: The MOMENT I took my first hit,I fell in love with the flavor.It really did taste like Watermelon.

Duration: A little more than an hour roughly.There were 3 of us hitting it so generally the duration will be lowered. happy.gif

Overall: This will forever be one of me top 5.I reccommend this to anyone looking for a great smoke with a fantastic flavor.

Hope this Review helps someone choose their next Shisha brand/flavor :-)

• 8 months later...
Setup: MZ Sirius, with 3K coals (I ran out of my Fumari's...sad day)
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Hose: Nammor
Screen/Foil: Heavy Duty Renyolds.
Liquid In base: Water

Cut: Medium cut, pretty juicy if I do say so myself.

Smell: Like a watermelon Jolly Rancher, but a little less sweet.

Taste: Basically how it smells. It's not overly sweet, which I like.

Smoke Thickness: I'm getting really good smoke, despite the shittastic coals. Not the biggest clouds I've managed, but nothing to complain about either.

Buzz: Eh...not really.

Duration: So far going on about an hour or so.

Overall: 9/10 - I've always been a huge Layalina fan...consistent through and through. Watermelon is one of the better flavors, but it has NOTHING on Layalina Raspberry.

• 5 months later...
Layalina Watermelon

Cut- Newbie to the whole tobacco thing, I never observed it. Just packed it and smoked it.

Smell- like someone tried choking you with watermelon scent

Duration- about 1-2 hours, RAM QUICKLIGHTS but the group I was with didnt know anything up setting up a hookah or heat control and poked big holes to begin with..

Smoke- Reasonable clouds

Buzz- I did it on an empty stomach so I got a strong buzz after a couple hits

Overall - Id give it an 8/10, I really liked it and Ive been impressed by the layalina line so far.. Edited by cgore

LAYALINA WATERMELON

Set up:
Syrian Large size Hookah jar with standard leather hose,
backed clay bowl, foil circle top and coconara coals.
Water and ice in the jar.

Cut; long, wet and with a few stems, which I removed.

Smell: Sweet and watermelony but a little weak. (a clue!?) wink.gif
Flavor: Pretty "spot on" with the watermelon taste but weaker than I like.

Smoke: Weak but clean.

Duration: I maybe could have gone longer, but I stopped at an hour.

Overall: 7/10. I would probably not pay for it again, except to mix and tone down something stronger.
Perfect for a beginner as it is pretty mild and easy going.

Post Mortem: Burnt all the way thru, never tasted burnt, just ran out.

• 1 year later...
[b] Layalina [color="#ff00ff"]Watermelon[/color][/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] KM Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Egyptian baked clay, medium
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Foil
[b]Hose: My custom made fuzzy hose (Colorado Avs colors!)[/b]
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Warm Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Extremely moist, medium cut, quite a few stems, red dye
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base: [/b]Glycerin
[b]Smell: Very weak, watermelon.[/b]
[b]Taste:[/b] Very delicious, like a juicy ripe sweet peice of watermelon.
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge White Clouds but took some time to get going.
[b]Buzz:[/b] Little
[b]Duration:[/b] Almost 2 1/2 hours.

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Local Shop

[b]Overall:[/b] 9/10 Great flavor, great smoke, lasted a long time and the flavor lasted throughout. Fully of watermelony goodness. I've had Mizo Watermelon and AF watermelon, this batch tops them both, hands down.