Raspberry

Johnny_D

Layalina Raspberry

Smell/Flavor: Smelled really strong of Raspberries. Very very pleasant on the nose!

Cut: Very fine. didn't notice any stems. Very very wet. Fingers were soaked in juice! (This is not a complaint)

Smoke: Really Thick Clouds with Lots of flavour

Buzz: No real Buzz. But i'm used to tobacco.

Duration: 1 & 3/4 Hrs using 4 3-King type QL's. Flavour stayed good the whole time.

9.5/10 Flavour Flavour Flavour! Raspberries right to the end! Very pleasant time with this tobacco.

JD

• 1 month later...
Layalina Raspberry

This is my first attempt at smoking anything layalina, so i was excited to dive into this flavor. i got 4 other layalina flavors to try and if the results are good, i will have my new non-premium regular smoke. so far im impressed. without further ado....

Smell/Flavor: has a semi sweet smell of berries with a hint of raspberry. the flavor was not bad. woulda liked a more raspberry flavor but it was definite berrylike. as i was smoking i kept thinking al amir blackberry but i enjoyed this better.

Cut: very wet with a few stems found outta 50g pack thus far and a little fine but nowhere near as gritty and fine as al amir which is a plus.

Smoke: it took a little while to for it to get going but once it got there holy shit! it was windy as hell but i had super duper thick white clouds of smoke. i was very impressed defnitely hide your face status if there wasnt a wind factor.

Buzz: i was expecting some sort of buzz this being unwashed tobac, but no luck. the only thing that gets me buzzing is tangiers now. i dont smoke for the buzz so no points taking off.

Amount(approx)/Duration: close to an hour. i was doing homework and smoking outside. i only stopped because it was getting really effin cold. checked the bowl it was pretty much toasted and by the looks of it i woulda had maybe another 10-15 mins depending on heat.

Hookah Type: 27inch Gold MYA Bohemian w/standard MYA hose

Bowl: standard MYA

Foil/Screen: cheapo double foil

Coal/Amount: 2 easy lite japanese coals to start, added a 3rd halfway thru.

Liquid in Base: ice and h20

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 7/10. an excellent smoke. im impressed with layalina and this is my first time smoking it as i mentioned earlier. the smoke was nice and thick just how i like it. the tobac never tasted burnt and the flavor was not mild at all like al amir, it had the right amount of intensity to it. the flavor itself coulda been more raspberry like. my fave raspberry is mazaaj brand which is damn near impossible to find now so im a little biased. id recommend it to berry flavor fans you wont be dissapointed.

• 2 months later...
layalina rasberry

Setup: 22" mya, mya qt, smiley's 15 dollar kit, or SS mini egyptian.

Bowl: tangiers funnel bowl or tangiers wide bowls

Coals: three kings

Smell: smells like candy

Cut: normal layalina cut

Smoke Thickenss: 8/10. rolling clouds

Flavour: It is one of my favorite layalina flavors. I buy this stuff like every 3 weeks

Buzz: no buzz

Duration: 2 hours in phunnel

Overall: 8/10. This is one of my favorite layalina flavors. It is always soaking wet in juices. always a great smoke

• 1 month later...
layalina raspberry

set up: 36in ss, ice

taste: very smooth but with a slight medicine taste yet very sweet with very thick smoke

buzz: nice mellow buzz

9/10 on my rating scale

layalina melon

taste: very mellow and smooth with a strong sweetness to it and a slight tartness to it

smoke: thick smoke that goes down smooth and light

buzz: after 2 bowls my head started to hurt

8/10

• 2 months later...
Layalina Raspberry

Setup: 32" Lunar 2 Hose Rotator, Egyptian clay bowl, Golden Coals, Hawaiian Punch and Welch's Strawberry Breeze fruit juice concentrate with 8 crushed Altoids all blended with ice in the base. Liquid 1 inch above stem.

Cut/Smell: Dripping RED leaves, STRONG "berry" scent - Almost like raspberry scent, but definately berry like, very good. Few stems. Very, Very wet.

Smoke: Pretty thick smoke - VERY smooth. Not harsh at all. I triet adding more coal, and still not harsh at all, just more flavor and thicker smoke!

Buzz: Slight buzz, and strangely enough, a heightend sexual drive (weird, I know). blink.gif

Flavor: My 1st choice so far out of all the Layalina flavors. Great taste, not harsh. The crushed Altoids gave the smoke a slight "coolness" to it making it very smooth. Smoother than the Peach Layalina. Goes great with a glass of Hawaiian Punch and a movie, such as "Night of the Demons".

Overall: 9/10 - This is by far the best shisha I have had so far. I have tried Romman Cherry and Double Apple, both of witch were harsh (to me) and I couldnt taste any flavor what so ever. Maybe it was just a bad choice in Romman flavors. The smoke was nice and thick, loaded with plenty of flavor. I would highly recommend this shisha.

• 3 months later...
Raspberry Layalina

Setup: 22" Egyptian w/ standard clay bowl and Exotica coals

Smell: Very strong of raspberries, my whole kitchen smelled like them for about 20 mins after I packed the bowl and took it outside. 9.5/10

Cut: Very nice, not too long, not too short. Only one stem that I got out of it. 9/10

Smoke: Very thick clouds. Impressive. Hid my whole face in the pictures my brother took. 10/10

Buzz: Just a slight buzz, kind of relaxing. Although I did notice when I was going into my room to grab a sweat shirt I felt a little tipsy. Kind of that 3 beer tipsy where you lose your footing for a split second as you walk. 8/10

Taste: Tasted like raspberry smoke, not too strong, not very weak either. 7/10

Duration: Lasted about 1 hour and 10 mins. Still had a little bit of unburned shisha on the bottom of the bowl. Had I loaded more coal, it would have lasted about 1.5 hours. 9.5/10

Overall: 9/10. A few things by me could have changed the duration and such. But over all a very impressive shisha. I still have about 230 grams left, so I'm definitely gonna be smoking much more of this.

(Hope you dont mind that I jacked your format Zen.)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Layalina Raspberry

Hookah:
Mya Obelisk
Bowl: Hemi Bowl
Screen/Foil: Screen
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coco Nara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Red, extremely moist, and fresh. Only one Large Stem
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Glycerin
Smell: The smell was Definitely Raspberry, and strong
Taste: The taste is has a great taste that seemed to fade over the session.
Smoke: Huge White Clouds right off the bat
Buzz: Good Buzz
Duration: ~120 Minutes

Purchased From: Local Shop

Overall: 8/10 Great Flavor, Diminishing flavor knocked off a few points. One of the few brands I can grab locally.

• 1 year later...
Layalina Raspberry

Set up:
mya acrylic
mya bowl
Reynolds HD 1 layer
Exoticas

Cut: Typical Layalina, Dripping Wet, Red Dye

Smell: Smells F**king amazing!

Taste: Layalina did good with this flavor, Actually tastes like raspberry!

Buzz: none

Clouds: Nice and Fluffy

Duration: 1 hour (I smoke till the coals go out)

Overall: 8.5/10
I got two 50g packs of Layalina with my hookah purchase from socialsmoke.com. Raspberry is definately one of Layalina's best flavors. Definately give this one a try! Only negative I have is the red dye!!!!

• 8 months later...
Layalina Raspberry

Hookah: 23" Egyptain
Bowl: Vortex
Screen/foil: Reynolds Foil
Hose: Cheap Chinese
Coals: Three Kings
Base Liquid: Ice and H2O

Appearance: Dark red, and very wet.
Cut: Large, stems here and there, not as much as starbuzz.
Taste: Nice, better/sweet. Almost like a raspberry tart.
Smoke: Little on the light side for layalina.
Buzz: Little buzz.
Duration: Packed a half bowl, 10-12g or so lasted 30 minutes with 3 people.

Overall: 9.5/10
This is the BEST raspberry I have ever smoked and I have had JM's and Hookah-Hookah rasp so far.
The price was decent 5 bucks for 50grams - I live in a rural area and the tobacco taxes are high.
Going to start ordering online from now on.

This is great by itself, and even a better mixer.
Some mixes to try..
AF Vanilla 35% - Laya Raspberry 65% - Reminds me of Raspberry Vanilla cake.
Laya Raspberry 55% - JM Chocolate 45% - Mmmmn Chocolate Covered Raspberry
Laya Raspberrry 25% - AF Lemonade 75% - Raspberry Lemonade, perfect mix. Slight hint of raspberry.