Cola

PirateNinja415

Al Fakher Cola

Set up: Maya QT, tap water, golden instant lites

Smell:
Smelled really sweet and had a distinct cola smell to it.

Cut: pretty fine cut, noticed a few stems, but not too many to bother me. It was really juicy, got my fingers all dirty from packing the bowl.

Smoke: Very nice, thick smoke.

Buzz: Not the strongest buzz i've gotten, but still noticable

Taste: Tasted just as it smelled, which is always nice. one of my friends felt like it was like smoking flat coke, which kind of weirded him out, but i quite enjoyed the taste.

Duration: lasted me around a hour and a half with two golden quick lites put on one at a time.

Overall: 9/10. I really enjoy cola flavored tobacco and i feel Al Fakher's cola is one of the best i've smoked. Edited by PirateNinja415

• 2 months later...
AF Cola

Smell: This smells very much like the syrup that is used to make Coke or Pepsi at a soda fountain

Taste: Reminds me a lot of the cola flavored gummi candies. It had a hint of a soapy flavor if i took a big hit but that may be due to a bit to much glycerine.

Smoke: Nice and thick, has a very interesting perfume to it which I really enjoyed as it filled the room.

Buzz: Little to none

Overall: This is a well rounded shisha, some of my friends dont like the taste, but it is one of my favorite solo smokes.

Al Fakher Cola Flavor

setup:
arguileh: A Lebanese deal i bought a few years ago, with a glass base
liquid: water with a lemon squeezed in the bottom, and some scored lemon rind thrown in
hose: standard leather mya hose
coals: Nour finger style
cover: standard reynold's HD a few holes w/ sewing needle
shisha in head: sprinkle method w/ hole in middle

all scores out of 10
flavor 10 - only cola i've ever had, delicious, thiss will be hard to beat, and with the lemon thrown in the bottom, tastes just like a pepsi twist, delicious!
buzz: 1 i dont think there was any buzz, but the flavor and clouds make the smoke pleasant enough to make my heart cry when i finished the 250 grm tub
session time: pretty good, about an hour
clouds: superb, nice and thick, i've never been let down by Al Fakher in this area

cola

Setup: mya bohemian with medium phunnel bowl, 3 half 40mm three kings coals.

Appearance: dark red and very moist. lots of stems.

Smell: strong, it smells like those candy cola bottles.

Smoke: thick white clouds.

Flavor: like cola candy.

Buzz: didn`t get any buzz (i smoke cigarettes too)

Duration: i smoked this for 2 hours and it started losing taste after an hour and a half.

Overall: 8.5/10 i liked the flavor a lot. but the stems kind of bother me.

• 3 weeks later...
Al-Fakher Cola

Setup:

29" Pharoahs Hookah
Social Smoke Hemi Bowl
Cool Tap Water
Romman Lemonwood (At start)
3 Kings QLs (Finish)
250g Al Fakher Cola (Production date Sep. 2007) (Paid $15 at Colliseum Deli)

Cut: Goopy with syrup, nice fine cut. Best cut I've seen yet out of what I have (Layalina, Al Amir, Nahkla, Afzal, other AF) 9/10

Smell:
The initial impact smelling the freshly opened package in the car was "Wow! This stuff smells awesome!". The impact upon reopening the tub at home was the same. This stuff smells amazing, it's like smelling cola straight from the syrup form. Doesn't smell like any brand name cola I've had like Coke (my crutch!) or Pepsi but more like a stronger, tastier cola. 10/10

Flavor: Wham! With those tastesless, albeit pain in the ass to light lemonwoods, the flavor really pops out. It tastes like it smells, which is what you come to expect with any shisha! Flavor is great, like a mildly spiced cola. Tastes GREAT! 10/10

Smoke Density: Great smoke density that comes with the Al Fakher name. I must admit though it's not as thick as some of their other flavors. Still great clouds. 8.5/10

Duration: Still smoking it now, over 45 minutes later. Taste is still killer strong and fantastic. Welp, I'll give this sucker a 9/10.

Final Thoughts: I was a skeptic when it came to Cola flavors and this is the first one I've had. This is a GREAT buy, well worth the $15 I spent and vey fresh. I will smoke this one to the last bit is left! 9.5/10

This shisha gets my highest regards! laugh.gif

• 5 months later...
AF COLA

Setup: MYA Razo, Egyptian bowl, 2 3KQL’s, Water base, foil

Appearance: Reddish fine cut tobacco, some stems

Smell: Cola

Smoke: Clouds.

Flavor: Kinda’ cola, but a less pronounced flavor than other AF offerings

Buzz: No

Duration: 1.5 hours

Overall: A little disappointed as I was expecting more from this brand. Not as flavorful as AL Waha, but maybe just a bad session. Smooth smoke, but flavor lacking. Only 7/10.

Side Note: A little better when mixed with AF Cherry, but still not the big flavor I was hoping for.

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Cola

I've never been drinking a soda and suddenly thought, "You know, this is all well and good, but I sure wish I could smoke this!" Still, the novelty of a cola flavored shisha is undeniable. I wanted a nice, refreshing session as I watched the drizzle outside, so I loaded some AF Cola, set up my faithful companion, and tried to enjoy the spectacle of it all.

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Standard Mya
Screen/Foil: Stock Screen (came with the hookah)
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: 1 Golden QL, with windscreen once the breeze picked up
Base Liquid: Ice Water

Appearance:
Standard Al Fakher. Love it or hate it, it's what you've come to expect.
Smell: STRONG. Undeniably cola, but the strong whiff I gave it left a strong tingle in my nose. Too much of a good thing, I suppose.
Taste: Incredible. It tastes just like cola. The flavor isn't quite like the name brand stuff, and I thought it was more along the lines of the typical generic knock-off. Think the stuff you buy from the vending machines outside of Wal-Mart. As a side note, it would be pretty awesome to get some big brands in on this. I would kill for a Barq's Root Beer flavor (Hey, I can dream!) Very sweet, but every bit as refreshing as a cold glass of cola. Toward the beginning, there was a slight tingle on the exhale, which is probably the result of poor heat management. It was reminiscent of the experience of a particularly fizzy soda, but it still led to some embarassing coughing fits. It left a weird aftertaste, but a quick sip ofany nearby beverage should take care of it.
Smoke: Decent clouds of translucent smoke. It didn't disappoint, but you ring blowers out there might want to look elsewhere.
Buzz: A slight, relaxing buzz. Nothing special, but I can feel it.

Purchased From:
Part of the Al Fakher sampler pack from Hookah-Shisha

Overall: They nailed it. It's safe to assume that everyone here has had soda before, so your results will vary depending on how much you like it. I thought that the whole experience was spot-on, and I plan to keep a healthy stock of this shisha. I would recommend it especially for new or curious smokers as evidence of how well different flavors translate into shisha.

As always, feedback and recommendations via PM are welcome and encouraged. Do you think a different brand makes a better cola? I want to know!

• 2 months later...
AF Cola

Smell: Smells just like those cola bottle candies, more of a cola syrup smell then coke or pepsi.

Cut: Seemed a little finer then normal, not the typical blood red color either

Setup: phunnel, and mya stock hose

Hookah: MYA QT

Taste: tastes just like it smells

Smoke: Good clouds typical of AF

Overall: I will give two scores for this, 10/10...IF you enjoyed those little candies when you were a kid, then this is the smoke for you. If you didnt care for them like I did then 6/10. Its not a bad flavor just not really what I was looking for. Will I buy it again? No. Would I refuse to smoke it again? No. Would I try as hard as I could to persuade the person I am smoking with to change their mind? Yes.

• 1 year later...
[size="3"][b]Al Fakher [color="#a0522d"]Cola[/color][/b]
[/size]
[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Francesco
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist, swimming in red dye.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Cola
[b]Taste:[/b] Cola
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]2 Hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]8/10 This is a very interesting cola. The smell and taste is a cross between RC Cola and Pepsi. Not a big fan of either particular, but this blend is very enjoyable. I really liked it because it's not like anything else out there.

• 11 months later...
[font="Georgia"][size="4"][color="#a0522d"]AL FAKHER COLA

[size="2"][color="#000000"]Set up: Khalil Mamoon
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Warm Water
Screen/Foil: Precut foil squares (freebies from the shisha shop)
Hose: My fuzzy monkey hose
Bowl: Baked clay Egyptian bowl, medium size.

Appearance: Medium cut, dark red, a little stemmy
Smell: Like spicy cola with something I can't identify, a little off.
Taste: Very nice smooth cola flavor, reminds me of RC cola, not too sweet, just perfect. The smell had me nervous.
Smoke: Biggest clouds I've had in a while.
Buzz: Little, not bad
Duration: 2 hours and little more. Consistent smoke and flavor from beginning to end.

Overall: 9/10. I really like the flavor of this one but I am sure it will be even better mixed with cherry or vanilla. It is a little flat tasting, but the best cola I've ever tried. [/color][/size][/color][/size][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
[color=#1C2837][b]Al Fakher - Cola
[/b]
[b]Hookah:[/b] Temsah - Quantum
[b]Bowl:[/b] Generic egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Publix - Aluminum
[b]Hose: [/b]MYA
[b]Coals: [/b] Coco Mayaza
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water, Ice

[b]Appearance:[/b] Fine cut, few stems, very, very heavily dyed red.
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.05%
[b]Base: [/b]Molasses + Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Smelled... fruity. Nothing like cola. Something like a mix between strawberries and cherries. Very odd.
[b]Taste: [/b]Nasty! Absolutely one of the worst shishas I've smoked. While it does technically taste like cola, it tastes like very FLAT, WARM cola. It has none of the crisp, refreshing taste of actual soda.
[b]Smoke: [/b]Typical AF. Good clouds.
[b]Buzz: [/b] Slight.
[b]Duration: [/b]I only smoked it for about 30 minutes before I called it quits and stopped smoking. It was that bad.

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah Company

[b]Overall:[/b] 1/10, awful flavor. I'm very disappointed with this, but extremely happy I only bought 50g. I'm considering trying a bowl and mixing it with AF Vanilla, but I'm almost thinking that's a terrible waste of the vanilla![/color]

• 2 years later...

Hookah: Al Fakher Small Solid
Bowl: Small Mya
Screen/Foil: Thick Aluminium foil, 1 layer only
Hose: Ager Washable Freeze Hose
Coals: Cocobrico: i started the session with 2 coals and i added one more after 45 min of smoking
Base Liquid: Water and ice ( lots of ICE )

Appearance: small cut, few stems, dyed red.
Nicotine: 0.05%
Base: Molasses + Glycerin
Smell: Smelled like a cheap Cola. However, the Coca-Cola smell is there indeed !
Taste: the taste is a little chemical, with a strong Cola flavor. I liked it because it is not one of those sweet and sickening tastes.
Smoke: Good clouds, especially when i added the windcover
Buzz:    just a slight buzz  
Duration: The whole smoking session lasted 1 hour and 30 min. i started with 2 coals and i put the windcover to cook the shisha well. i let the windcover for about 15 min and then i removed it. I added another extra coal ( cubic cocobrico ) after 45-50 min and i added back the windcover. 

Purchased From: a buddy who just had a bussiness trip to Dubai.

Overall: 7,5/10 It's a decent AF shisha. The shisha is very juicy so i will use the Alien Phunnel Mini bowl next time i will smoke it, 

Tips: If you want to enjoy this AF flavor, you should follow some steps ( remember that it's only my opinion, this is how i like it the most ) :

1. Add A LOT OF ICE in your base and very cold water ! 

2. Try to use a phunnel bowl because this shisha is very juicy.

3. If you have, use a Freeze Hose ( Mya, Nargilem, Ager, etc ) 

4. Be careful with the setup heat management. Burnt cola shisha tastes BAD ! VERY BAD !

So, why should you do all these things? it's simple ! NOBODY likes a warm cola ! Adding ice and using that type of hose will help you smoking a cold, nice cola shisha. The feeling is quite awesome.