gr!m

Al-Fakher Fruit Cocktail

*Hookah Noob Review*

Set Up:
12" Mini Pear Hookah
27" Basic Mod Hose
Ice & Water in Base
Steel Screen, No Foil
One and Two Coal Alternating (Golden Brand)

Smell: Smells delicious, like Hawaiian Punch or Kool Aid. Was what I expected. 5 / 5

Cut: Nice cut, fine, had quite a few stems compared to my other box of Al Fakher though. 3/5

Smoke Density: Very dense smoke. Had great clouds floating around. 5/5

Flavor: Good flavor, fruity with a little tartness. No my favorite but very good. 4/5

Duration: Lasted for over an hour, my second bowl of the night and I didn't finish it. I was getting tired.

Buzz: Pretty good buzz. Little floaty feeling.

Final Verdict: smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif mellow.gif 4 / 5 (not an average of other scores)

Final Thoughts:
Overall the best part was the thickness of the smoke. It was dense and milky colored. The taste was average overall, but good none the less. Cut could have been better, it had a lot of thick stems. Very enjoyable smoke.

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher COCKTAIL

Setup: 29" Large Egyptian, large egyptian bowl, foil (double layer), (2) three kings charcoal disks, cold tap water, large wind cover

Appearance: Wet wet wet wet! This stuff was soaked, but very thick with tobacco and few sticks. nice texture.

Smell: Hawaiian punch taste

Taste: Very strong fruit flavor

Smoke: nice and thick

Buzz: Wow... felt it from the first couple hits... had to take a little break!

Overall: 8.5/10

• 3 months later...
Al Fakher Fruit Cocktail

Set-up: 28" Egyptian 3 hose, small phunnel, 1 layer of foil, 4 Canary easy lites, tap water in base, razan hose

Smell: freakin' awesome. a fruit cocktail. it smells like some kind of candy/gum i've had before but i can't remember what it was

Look: fine cut, moist/juicy, dark red color

Taste: EXACTLY like the smell. i was really surprised it was so good

Smoke: whiteout. what i've come to expect from al fakher

Duration: an hour

Overall: I smoked this because i had 50 g of it and no one reviewed it really. let me tell you, TRY THIS FLAVOR. it's really good all around. it's very sweet and it smokes awesome. 10/10

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Cocktail

Setup:
Hookah: KM Tri-Metal
Bowl: Phunnel
Coals: 3 1/4 Exoticas
Foil/Screen: Foil
Water: Cold

Cut: Typical AF cut, wet and sticky.

Smell: Smelled like a mix of fruits. Not that strong of a smell though.

Taste: Taste was just not that powerful. Tastes like a mild fruits. I guess it's decent. Would just buy a 50g to try to see if you like it.

Smoke: Very thick and smooth smoke. Huge clouds.

Buzz: Mild

Longevity: 2 Hours

Rating: 5/10

• 2 months later...
Al Fakher Cocktail

I am incredibly lazy, so when a Cocktail flavor appeared in my AF Sampler pack, I thought it would be a nice way to avoid mixing flavors. How did it hold up?

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Standard Mya
Screen/Foil: Foil
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: 1 Golden QL
Base Liquid: Ice Water

Appearance:
Standard Al Fakher. Dyed, as always, bright stinking red.
Smell: A cacophony of fruit flavors, with that pervading "creamy" smell of AF Strawberry. It does not smell particularly pleasant, and for a second I considered going to a different flavor.
Taste: This tasted like a weaker version of AF Strawberry. There were no other flavors present. This is not a terribly bad thing, as I liked AF Strawberry well enough, but it begs the question: Why not just smoke Strawberry? On the box, I counted no less than 12 different fruits all bunched together, looking all nice and pretty. I expected fruit salad or fruit punch, and I got what I can only describe as Strawberry Lite. What a disappointment.
Smoke: Thick, fluffy clouds as always. Good ol' AF always pulls through in this department.
Buzz: Slight, noticeable, relaxing indeed.

Purchased From:
Part of the Al Fakher sampler pack from Hookah-Shisha

Overall: If you like AF Strawberry, you will like this stuff. However, if you like AF Strawberry, you probably have some on hand, so purchasing this would be superfluous. I have now come to terms with the fact that I will have to make my own damn cocktail using different fruit flavors, lazy or no. I still have the sneaking suspicion that there was a mix-up and I got an extra batch of Strawberry in a Cocktail box. I wouldn't recommend it, and I will most certainly not be purchasing this again.

As always, feedback and recommendations via PM are welcome and encouraged.

• 1 year later...
[size="3"][b]Al Fakher [color="#ff0000"]Cocktail[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Piccolo
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist, swimming in red dye.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Very Fruity
[b]Taste:[/b] Strawberry, Cherry and other fruits
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]2 Hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]8/10 Now I am not a big mixed fruit fan, but this is pretty decent. The flavor is a mixed fruit blend with Strawberry and Cherry as the overtones, there is some other fruit flavors undertones, but they are overshadowed by the strawberry and cherry.

• 1 month later...
[size="4"]Al Fakher [/size][size="4"][color="#ff0000"]FR[color="#ff00ff"]UI[color="#00ff00"]T [color="#8b0000"]Co[color="#00ffff"]CK[color="#ffa500"]Tai[color="#ff0000"]L[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/size]

Hookah: 32" Single pear km
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Hose: Nammor
Coals: HJ Nats
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Fine cut,juicy red
Nicotine: .05
Base:
Smell: Very fruity and delicious
Taste: Like a fruit salad
Smoke: Good smoke
Buzz: very little buzz
Duration: 1 1/2hr

Purchased From: local shop

Overall: 8.5/10 This is one of my favorite AF flavors, very fruity and sweet. Good smoke but doesnt work well in a Hj mini bowl. The red dye kinda gets on my nerves but it still tastes good. Its available almost everywhere but price can really vary.

• 2 years later...
[b]Al Fakher Cocktail[/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mammoon Indian Brown Oxide
[b]Bowl:[/b] Alien Mini
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b]My KM Leather
[b]Coals:[/b] Coco Mazaya
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist, swimming in red dye.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] A fruit medley
[b]Taste: [/b]Same as the smell, but tasting artificial tones
[b]Smoke:[/b] Big clouds, typical AF
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration:[/b] 1.5 hours, flavor kept until the bitter end

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Local shop

[b]Overall:[/b] 6/10 I am reviewing this after smoking a different batch of the flavor. This batch doesn't hold up to its predecessors, but I am going to assume it was just a bad batch. The flavor is a decent mixed fruits flavor, but definitely not my flavor. This would be a good flavor to pick up every once in a while, and mix with others, but I don't see this as a go to flavor for me. The reason the score isn't higher is because of the batch I got. I don't know if the recipe changed slightly so I don't know if this was a one time slip up. Edited by brphotoakes