Zaghoul

Skimo

Nakhla Zag.

Smell: To me it smelt like molasas but my brother thought it smelt like reg. tobacco

Cut: Not to moist and pretty thick with no stems

Smoke Density: I couldnt get it to smoke to well so it was pretty thin

Flavor: Tasted like molasas, not to bad but its deff. different then any other tobacco ive smoked, pretty good though

8/10

• 8 months later...
Nakhla Zaghoul

Setup: 3 hose Pharoah Genie from HS, Cobra hose, pyrex glass bowl from SS, Golden quicklites, water in the vase.

Appearance
: Black tobacco, dry

Cut: Your regular Nakhla cut. Absolutely no stems

Smell: Super strong and potent. Imagine a Punch cigar times eleventy billion

Taste
: This is straight up unflavored tobacco. Like A Marlboro Red

Smoke: Good smoke, nice and thick

Buzz: I've never had such a strong buzz. Literally knocked me to the floor

Overall
: A good smoke, albeit very strong and potent. It was good, but I'm not sure I'll buy this stuff again. Definitely an acquired taste: 7.0/10

• 4 months later...
Nakhla ZAGHLOUL

Set up: Standard Egyptian Bowl; 4 quarter squares of Golden Canary Japanese Coals; 30" typical Egyptian hookah

Appearance: Black, so you can only tell if the shisha is burnt out by the texture which will become hard cake. No stems at all, cut is small pieces.

Smell: Like prunes.

Taste: In the beginning, it tastes like traditional tobacco except it is not sweet. Smoke isn't too harsh, even with 4 quarters of coal.

Smoke: With four quarters of Japanese coals (that's a lot) over the bowl the smoke is just about as thick as the other Nakhla flavors mentioned in this post.

Description of the taste & smoke doesn't hold for long as shisha burns out quickly and the ash sticks to the tobacco so it is tough to use left over tobacco.

Buzz: I don't get buzzed often. Buzzed good for 5 minutes then quickly recover. Nakhla Margarita have given me STRONGER buzz.

Overall: This burns out very quickly! Will not order again.

3/10 - the fast burning time is unacceptable. Edited by thegreengoblin707

• 1 year later...
Nakhla Zaghloul

Hookah: Mash'al
Bowl: Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: HD Reynolds
Hose: Homemade vinyl tube
Coals: Cocos
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: dry and black
Nicotine: .6%
Base: nothing
Smell: Salty, strong smell of tobacco, slight bbq sauce smell.
Taste: Like tobacco
Smoke: Good
Buzz: Paralyzing, stronger than tangiers for sure
Duration: not sure, I think it went for 30-40 min

Purchased From: Local shop

Overall: 10/10

I havent smoked much pipe tobacco/ciggs/cigars to know the differences between non flavored tobaccos but it tasted good, buzz was awesome, mix it with og/mizo or any other shisha for ultimate buzz!

• 2 months later...
Nakhla zaghloul

[b]Bowl:[/b] Glass egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] [b] [b]none [/b]
Hose: [/b]Nammor Hose
[b]Coals:[/b] bamboo coals
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: small cut and very dry looking. very sticky while packing [/b]
[b]Smell:[/b] smelled like chewing tobacco
[b]Taste:[/b] like pipe tobacco
[b]Smoke:[/b] small clouds
[b]Buzz: amayzing i cant feel my face amazing [/b]
[b]Duration: 20 minutes [/b]
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] local store
[b]
Overall: [/b]i give this one an overall 7 just the fact that it doesnt last very long kind of kills it for me but what can you expect when you are putting the coals right on the tobacco will try out of a phunnel with a screen later just to try. i loved the buzz though and thats what i was looking for so im happy

• 1 year later...
[b]Naklah [/b]Zaghoul
[b]Hookah: [/b]Mya Bambino
[b]Bowl:[/b] Standard Egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: Golden Quick lights 40mm[/b][b]
[b]Base Liquid:[/b][/b] Water

[b]Appearance: Very dry compared to other Naklah, typical cut[/b]

[b]Nicotine: [/b][b].5
[b]Unwashed[/b]
[b]Smell: Raisins [/b][/b]
[b]Taste: Raisins [/b]
[b]Smoke:[/b] big white clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] block out the next two hours of your schedule and prepare to not be able to feel your face =)
[b]Duration: 2 hours[/b]

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah Company

[b]Overall: 10/10 This stuff is AMAZING =) it seams to last a bit longer then most other Naklah I have tried although it also takes a bit of work (sometimes 10 minutes) to hot enough to get going. The taste inst anything special to me the closest thing I can come up with is raisins but let me tell you you don't smoke this for taste you smoke it for the incredible buzz. Good mixer too as it doesn't take much of another flavor to hide the raisin taste.
[/b]
[b]
[/b]

• 1 month later...
Nakhla : Zaghloul

Setup: Egyptian Furat, Small Egyptian Bowl, Water in base

Smell: Raisin Like, with a mix of natural tobacco, similar to chew or dip.

Cut: Dryer then your standard Nakhla

Taste: At first a raisin like taste, but then became very natural, long cut tobacco. Very salty after taste

Smoke: Even at its best, clouds are small and thin, but thats normal for Zaghloul

Buzz: Was expecting it to be stronger, but it was still pretty good. I imagine if i had liked the taste more, I could have gotten a better buzz

Coals : Two 3 kings quick lights

Length of time : 1 hour

Summary : This is a mixed bag. It was not really my cup of tea, but I imagine for some it will be. Probably a love or hate for most people. I will note, that even on my tiny bowl of 7-10 grams max, It took two coals to even get started. Make sure to do more heat then normal , even for Nakhla. Even though this is my first review, I am not going to give it a raiting because I really do not think its fair too. For those who love it, I see 8-10, for those who dont, a 0-2.

I will note, that I plan on mixing this with other Shisha's to see if I can get an added buzz. Not to sure how this will turn out sense high heat is needed and I dont want to over cook or burn my lighter shishas.

• 1 year later...
Nakhla Zaghloul - the original, since 1913!

Pipe: Small Lebanese dedicated black mu'assal pipe
Bowl: Standard Lebanese
Screen/Foil: Whatever non-HD stuff I had
Hose: Lebanese leather hose
Coals: Razan. 4 to start, then 3, then windcover, then 4th added back.
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: chopped fairly small, quite dry, VERY sticky, and black.
Nicotine: .6%
Base: Honey + glycerine
Smell: Dry smokey, woody notes accented with dark dried fruit - think raisins/figs, etc. 
Taste: When smoked by itself: again, dry smokey tobacco taste - as if the leaf has been smoke cured.  There's a bizarre acrid taste on the exhale, that goes away after you first exhale or if you open your mouth wide and let the smoke out slowly.  Behind that is a woody taste and a very faint sweetness. When smoked as a mixer (say, with Nakhla DA which is a fantastic mix): it adds that woody sweetness, and a certain richness to the smoke.  The dryness and acrid taste fade away and it adds a great accent to the other flavor.
Smoke: If prepared the right way (see below), pretty decent clouds are possible.  The smoke is VERY dry in texture
Buzz: When I've had this before it's knocked me flat, but this time, for the review, I only got a serious buzz in the last 5 minutes and for a little while after smoking
Duration: ran the entire length of 4 Razan coals, or 4 episodes of Futurama

Purchased From: Local shop

Overall: as a mixer 10/10, as a solo smoke 6/10 - I don't like that upfront acridness.  So here's the deal.  You see everyone in the Middle East smoke this without foil, and I've had it that way too.  I don't like it.  The top layer burns and gets ashy, the smoke is very dry, you get a stronger coal taste, and a lot of the subtlety is destroyed by flavors of combustion.  I suspect this is done because it's sold so dry - it doesn't come in the airtight package that most other Nakhla comes in.  Try putting foil on it, and it takes about 6 coals to get the wispiest of smoke.  However: mix it with 1 tbsp glycerine and 1 tbsp honey per 250g, zap it in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stir stir stir, and repeat until it's all warm.  You're then good to go for smoking with foil and can get decent smoke out of it without the burning flavor.  As a mixer, it can go straight from the box.