President Obama

Nerdy

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1352265271' post='560178']
Man the shit Obama is inheriting from the last term is gonna suck to be him!
[/quote]
I wonder who he is going to blame for things being bad now.
Watch carefully over the next few months to learn how the world actually works or, in our case, doesn't work.

Well, the republic was great while it lasted.

See you folks in about four years!

So now what? Are we going to sit back and do nothing? Blame? Whine? Expect it to magically get better? This election gives we the people enormous opportunity if we use it well. They thought business as usual would break him and because we reelected him we broke that plan. If we're smart we use this for the opportunity it is to get loud and demand they stop working against us and work together for us. Elections DO have impact. And we need to use this one because you can bet they're going to be restrategizing this morning. This is an opportunity of momentum if we decide to make it one. So if you're happy this morning be gracious in victory and reach to the other side. If you are disappointed now is the time to look at common ground where you can find it one issue at a time. Working together we can demand better.

'Rani

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1352264887' post='560176']
[quote name='Nerdy' timestamp='1352264229' post='560174']Now it's not final?? What?? Is this like the bush count again??[/quote]

Says who?

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

It's was NBC, they called it then Ohio was too close to call then they had something like 200k more votes to count, it was a mess.

[quote name='Nerdy' timestamp='1352297946' post='560207']
[quote name='Nerdy' timestamp='1352264229' post='560174']Now it's not final?? What?? Is this like the bush count again??[/quote]

Says who?

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

It's was NBC, they called it then Ohio was too close to call then they had something like 200k more votes to count, it was a mess.
[/quote]

Ahh, okay. I was watching it on ABC News online, and once Obama got past 270 they called it. It was a definite win to me when he went past 300.

I'm just glad it's anyone other than Romney. He would've taken us back to the Bush years... or worse.

Also, I like how several states have now legalized gay marriage and recreational marijuana. Country's headed in the right direction. Progression is not a bad thing in my mind.

Well Obama won, I woke up and saw the world hasn't ended, hasn't descended into lawlessness and I don't see waters turning to blood. I checked the cemetery near my apartment and the dead haven't started rising yet. So all in all, so far so good.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1352300744' post='560214']
[quote name='Nerdy' timestamp='1352297946' post='560207']

Says who?

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahh, okay. I was watching it on ABC News online, and once Obama got past 270 they called it. It was a definite win to me when he went past 300.

I'm just glad it's anyone other than Romney. He would've taken us back to the Bush years... or worse.

Also, I like how several states have now legalized gay marriage and recreational marijuana. Country's headed in the right direction. Progression is not a bad thing in my mind.
[/quote]

Touching on the gay marriage thing. I don't like that most ppl look at one issue like that and automatically decide...yep I'm voting for that guy.

But the thing is most ppl don't even have that issue affect them at all. I think people need to wise up before deciding.

Anyways, as key n peele said "I sunk your battle ship, bitch" lolol

I totally agree with you. My grandmother swears allowing gay people to get married will ruin this country. Actually, quite the opposite I told her... It would help BOOST the economy, because that's a lot of extra people that could now be able to pay for extravagant weddings, etc. I mean shit, this proves my point: [url="http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-24/gay-marriage-produced-259-million-for-new-york-city-economy-1-.html"]http://www.bloomberg...economy-1-.html[/url] I told my grandmother this. Then all she kept saying was it hurts our culture. LOL WUT? I told her apparently she must not realize everyone isn't a southern Baptist who believes in Jesus and always makes sure to vote for whoever is running as Republican. She thinks conservative is synonymous with Christian... I think you get the idea.

Imagine how this country would be if conservatives actually got their way ALL the time. They claim we'd be more free, but we'd actually have more restrictions placed upon us. They scream that they want smaller government, yet they want to be able to tell you you can't have an abortion nor can you get married to the person you love. Contraceptives? We gotta make sure we don't allow any of that to be readily available... Point is, enforcement of the scale they talk about all the time would require much larger government, not smaller. Why so many people don't realize this, I do not know.

I just saw a meme a Republican friend posted on Facebook. It's George Bush saying, "Hey Obama! It's your economy you inherited this time!" Why don't these people realize we can't fix things so quickly? Bush had 8 years to run around the White House with Cheney and Rove fucking shit up like little kids with no sense of how money works. It's not going to be such an easy fix. The important thing is, and it's the reason Obama got re-elected, is that we have had steady progress since the recession, when Obama took office. The full impact hit in 2009 when he came in, but it has been getting better. Not as fast as it maybe could have, but hell, he's got Republicans like Mitch McConnell saying it's their top priority to make sure he's a one-term president. Wonder why we didn't see more or faster progress? It's probably because the Republicans are sitting around with their hands down their pants fapping while Obama's trying his best to get shit done. That's why I voted for him again. I can tell he's made a genuine effort to get this country back on course. Now that he doesn't have to worry about re-election, I hope he really pulls up his sleeves and comes at them harder.

Also, huge props to Tammy Baldwin, the first openly gay woman elected to the US Senate.

I'm glad majority of this country has their heads on straight. There may be hope after all...

EDIT: Sorry, I keep finding good shit... People wonder why more Republicans didn't get voted in? Maybe it's because of shit like this:

"Among his more memorable comments, Allen West called fellow Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) "vile," and "not a lady," said that more than 80 House Democrats are Communist party members, compared being gay to liking chocolate chip ice cream, and said two times that Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels would "truly be proud" of the current Democratic Party."

Add that along with all the other stupid shit Republicans said this election and it's a no-brainer. They brought all this upon themselves because they didn't know how to shut up and sit down. Screaming and being the loudest in the room doesn't mean people are going to like you.

Is that like stracciatella?
By the way, Im pleased with the result of your elections, as far as im concerned it means that the world might not go to hell just yet. The only thing that Im annoyed by is that your bloody elections are all over the news everywhere in the world when im sure you had no idea our presidential elections are happening this weekend lol. News coverage of our own elections in our country is overshadowed by your elections <.< You people are too damned important!

[quote name='Bawhee' timestamp='1352406940' post='560386']
Is that like stracciatella?
[/quote]

Stracciatella is gelato which is infinitely better than most any ice cream :D But yea, aside from the gelato:icecream differences stracciatella has chunks/flakes of better tasting chocolate compared to the chips in my opinion.

[img]http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/v1/products/8466475/views/1,width=378,height=378,appearanceId=1/It-ll-Be-Fine-Women-s-T.png[/img]