iPhone 5

Chreees

The point is, that if you have had the chance to play around with an android device with ICS on it, then there's no chance of you even slightly liking the iphone, not according to me anyways. ICS is the fucking BAWS right now and that's it.

One thing that really annoys me about people when they talk about android is when they say "I just don't want to have to customize my phone all the time just to be able to use it". Well, YOU DON'T!! Customizing your android device is not mandatory, but it is only an option for those who like to customize their phones (an option which apple doesn't give you) but if you're not one of those people then you can very well just pick up an android phone and use it as it is without ever customizing it, and it will still function better.

• 2 months later...
Well, my dad surprised me with the iPhone 5. Got it in the mail yesterday, and turns out he had told my wife, who also purchased me this case for it, in black/pomodoro red: [url="http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-5-cases/candyshell-grip-for-iphone-5.html"]http://www.speckprod...r-iphone-5.html[/url] It's a super nice case. I had the PixelSkin HD one before on my 4 and this one provides a good bit more grip. The black is nice and sleek too, which is a nice change-up from the dull black on the previous case. Speck cases have always been awesome for me, so I was quite excited when I got my second surprise of the day when she pulled out the case.

Overall, I like the phone. I didn't think it would, but that half an inch really makes a difference (twss). I find myself thinking, "Whoa, this is big." I'm just not used to it. I can't imagine using anything bigger on a daily basis. This is plenty big for me.

It's a good bit thinner and lighter than the previous phone. Cool.

Noticeably faster, although I didn't find myself wishing my iPhone 4 were faster. Really I think at this point the question you have to ask is, "How fast is fast enough?" I feel like smart phones are already fast enough, and now it's just like an e-peen contest in that it's to see who can push it just a little bit farther. The average consumer will be happy with the speed regardless, whether it's a phone two generations old or a brand new one. LTE loads shit real quick.

Haven't really used Safari thus far, so no comment on that.

Front-facing camera is a lot nicer than on my 4. Wish I had it when we were in NYC, as most of the photos we took of ourselves was done using that camera, and they all came out kinda fuzzy of course. I haven't tested out the rear-facing camera yet.

Lightning port is cool in that it's reversible, so no more having to flip it over when I reach up onto my headboard to put it on the charger. That's about where the good things I have to say stop. Apple should have just stuck with micro-USB port and have been done with it. Of course they had to make sure they make another gazillion dollars by forcing you to use their $20 cable. I have a box full of chargers guests have left behind here at work. Guess how many micro-USB chargers are in there? Too many to even bother counting. It's also messed up in that Apple AGREED to some economical phone charger standard in Europe. Somehow they got around it by making the adapter to be compatible with old chargers. Uhhh, what? The adapter costs as much as a freakin' Lightning cable, so who in their right mind would buy an adapter for each of their old cables?? Ain't nobody got time fo dat. I went on Amazon and ordered a generic Lightning cable from Hong Kong for $4.00 and free shipping. Done.

Siri is a bitch come to find out. And my wife has found a successful way to use it to troll my ass- She told Siri to change my nickname to Mr. Tiny Penis. So now it calls me that. (No, my penis is not tiny... My wife just likes to fuck around with me) I guess I should change it back before I'm around my grandma or something and it says that out loud...

Touch screen seems smoother and more responsive on the 5. Everything just seems more fluid in general. It's pretty nice.

Speakers are much louder than before. I'd say a good third louder. I used to jack up my 4's volume all the way when listening to music while getting ready for work or whatever. I actually had to turn the volume down to about 75% or so.

I've talked to several people and I can hear them much clearer, and they said they can hear me well. I would sometimes have bluetooth headset issues with my 4, but haven't had any thus far with the 5.

I guess that's all I can think of for now. May write more later if I think about it or care, lol. I know you guys probably don't care much, so probably won't.

Hey Mr. Tiny Penis, saw this and thought of you

[img]http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/4/5/4/157454_slide.jpg[/img]

If there was only truth in advertising.

[quote name='Bawhee' timestamp='1355431230' post='564918']
oh, on topic, how much does a iphone 5 cost in the us if youre not upgrading from the 4 or whatever kind of package deal you can pull off?
[/quote]

Contract/upgrade price through a carrier is $199 plus taxes/fees for the base 16GB model, or $299 for the 32GB, or $399 for the 64GB model. If you do not purchase it through a carrier with a two-year contract, then it is crazy expensive, like $599 or $699 for the base 16GB model. It's insane that people actually upgrade their phone every year and are willing to pay that much just to have the "latest and greatest" phone.