Smoking Shisha, What Am I Doing Wrong, Is It Really For Me?

I don't friggin believe it. All this time coughing my effing head off, and everybody was telling me heat management. They were right at first, but I was sure I had the technique down. Guess what...It was the Fantasia tobacco all this time. I went to my local head shop, and got some fumari. 30 minutes later, not a single cough. :D I guess my body didn't like Fantasia. 

It could also still be the heat. Different tobaccos take different heat levels to smoke properly. Can you send the picture to my email? adbliss@yahoo.com? ill see if i can get it posted plus we'll look into why a picture isnt posting. Glad you are enjoying your hookah atleast. :)

I don't friggin believe it. All this time coughing my effing head off, and everybody was telling me heat management. They were right at first, but I was sure I had the technique down. Guess what...It was the Fantasia tobacco all this time. I went to my local head shop, and got some fumari. 30 minutes later, not a single cough. :D I guess my body didn't like Fantasia. 

some people have an allergy to the different dyes used in tobaccos, for the most part its different for each brand, personally I prefer undyed tobacco but I cant find any at the local shops here in Charlotte and im too broke to order online currently do to having a cat now lol

(Quote removed)

I have been doing good. You are right, yesterday I cooked the piss out of my shisha. I'm surprised it didn't burst into flames. I was just careless. The session after that was real nice though. I have been packing below the rim, but when I remove the foil when I'm done, there is shisha stuck to it.  

I am a newbie, but what you said makes every bit of sense. While I accept that some tobacco types are probably stronger than others, I don't accept that it's a brand issue.

Edited by mushrat
We do not tollerate rudeness or bashing.

You're both right, some tobaccos just don't sit right with me even when they're fine for others to smoke at the same time. There's something about them that I can't handle right, don't know for sure what though.

Here is what I have used so far. Starbuzz, Fumari, Nakhla, Fantasia. Fantasia kind of tickled my throat, but tolerable.

I am retracting what I said. It's not the brand itself, so much as what tobacco they use, from what region of the country. 

Edited by geraldzito
added info.

Folks..Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a negative person or a quitter. But I'm putting the KM on the shelf. My little Mya gives me 10 times better smoke.

mya makes a great pipe, personally though id use both, dedicate you KM to a flavor like mint or double apple and use the mya for the less potent flavors

Folks..Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a negative person or a quitter. But I'm putting the KM on the shelf. My little Mya gives me 10 times better smoke.

mya makes a great pipe, personally though id use both, dedicate you KM to a flavor like mint or double apple and use the mya for the less potent flavors

Sounds like a plan. I just wish I could get a decent session with that KM. I am hoping my new funnel bowl, and grommets I ordered fix the problem. I put a piece of floor tile over my bowl on the KM to block the air. I can still draw. I think my vortex just doesn't fit tight.

Sounds like a plan. I just wish I could get a decent session with that KM. I am hoping my new funnel bowl, and grommets I ordered fix the problem. I put a piece of floor tile over my bowl on the KM to block the air. I can still draw. I think my vortex just doesn't fit tight.

have you checked the purger valve? it would be better to put your hand over the bowl instead of tile as it will create a better seal

I'll try that. My purge vale has that little ball, and it seems to be ok. I will try my hand though. 

you never know with a purger valve, something could be wrong with that ball worht checking either way as it takes 5 seconds

Oh.. I wasn't aware of that. Is the ball necessary, or can I just plug it up? Well maybe not. I guess you need that purge valve.

well you could plug it and just unplug it if you need to purge but its easier to just have the ball

Oh.. I wasn't aware of that. Is the ball necessary, or can I just plug it up? Well maybe not. I guess you need that purge valve.

well you could plug it and just unplug it if you need to purge but its easier to just have the ball

OK