Looking For Some Glass Cleaner

Stuie

This technically isn't directly hookah related, but could be in the future.

Last week I picked up a box of antique medicine bottles and the like all glass and super thick. (Some even say Lysol and Listerine). But they have been sitting in a storage shed for about 3 decades. The dirt buildup and who knows what else in these bottles, well some of them, are pretty bad.

I have these bottles filled with water and Dawn. I used some Bling! Base cleaner I have to attempt to clean a couple of them. Some of them are too small or oddly shaped to use any kind of brush.

Anyone know of anything a that could clean these bottles out better.

yeah working on that theory but some of these are like 8 inches tall 3/4" deep and hold about 2 ounces. I can't even get a mya brush down those. guess smashing them up might work.

Yeah, I think I am gonna pick up denture tablets over the next few days and try them out. But if anyone has any more ideas or possibilities, let me know. Nothing wrong with multiple options.

Thanks for all the Ideas, guys. I just want these things to shine before I sell them.

[quote name='Santino' timestamp='1343336314' post='552685']
Bling is pretty terrible cleaner, also. If you want a branded glass cleaner, randy's or dream clean is the best.
[/quote]

It's not heavy duty by any means, but picked some up just to try out a while back. Used it 3 times now. It's just something I had under the sink so I gave it a try.

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1343411813' post='552733']
dawn and hydroden peroxide
[/quote]

mixed together?

Having mixed results with Polident 3 minute formula. I am not sure what's stuck in these bottles.

• 2 weeks later...
Really good results with the Polident Overnight Whitening. Left them for 24 hours and some of them got cleaner than I though possible. There are some though i think i have just been etched with stains, I don't think they are every coming out. For those seriously bad ones I am going to give Santino's method a try a little later down the road.