Views On Dubstep?

Cough.

Most dubstep coming out of america is actually a subgenre called "brostep".

Skrillex is kind of the mascot of the brostep genre. Most of it generally involves a verse/chorus format.

The verses are reminiscent of house/trance and the choruses are "Drops" which for the most part are just hideous treble noises that are reminiscent of a broken dial up modem.

With all that being said, I don't like "brostep" at all. 

Dubstep then. What is it?

Dub: "is a genre of music which grew out of reggae music in the 1960s"
2- step garage: "is a typically English style of modern electronic dance music, and a relatively popular subgenre of UK garage"

Here's a more proper example of what dubstep really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHcZLvWBM9A

Another guy I happen to enjoy a lot is Skream, especially his earlier stuff.

Take for example this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UygFvOhkCnQ

The song is all about the complexities in the beat, and the complimentary bassline. True dubstep is all about the groove. You'll know it when you hear it. Brostep? Well, it's all about who can make the nastiest sounding drop. Literally. And to me, that's not appealing.

That's how it was for me too, Stuie. I hated dubstep until I heard a song I liked. There's only a handful of songs I like. The rest I hate for whatever reason... I'm pretty picky with my music tastes.

I know right, it's better than the original, found the video on Hot Hands promo on Bass player. 

• 4 weeks later...

I like some dubstep, and dislike others. I can't even find 1 artist who doesn't have any songs I dislike. I do like some Drum & Bass as well, and some Trip Hop, but I've been mostly just sorta scratched the surface with the electronic genres.

• 1 month later...

I was introduced to dubstep by a good friend of mine like 2 years ago and thats all i ever listen to. Now its a little bit of electronic, house, and dub step on my iPhone. I have a little bit of knife party, skrillex, zeds dead, tiesto, rusko, wolfgang gartner, and many more

This pretty much sums up my views on dubstep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_SQO3vv3p8

omg that was hilarious XDD, any way my view on dubstep is...Skrillex, and only skrillex lolz. its the only dubstep that ive heard that i actually enjoy. The beasts are nice, and he makes some crazy sounds. Every other dubstep ive heard sounds like hardcore rap, like a try-hard rapper. I'd love to hear anything else if you guys have suggestions :)

• 3 weeks later...