I've Been Getting Headaches After Smoking Lately.

Could be any number of things. Hitting it too hard/often, too much coal (I've been using three AF halves at once lately) my cheap hose, empty stomach. I can write off not having enough water, I drink tea quite often, and usually drink something while smoking. I'm not sure what's up. I've never had a problem like this more than once every couple of months, and I've been smoking hookah for more than a year.
I had a bowl of Starbuz Coconut-lime (coconut and lime in the same place? Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?), and then my package with shiazo stones arrived eariler than I thought it would, so I immediately set up a bowl of that. As the session was closing, I was dizzy as anything, and am only now, fifteen minutes later, settling down. Though no headache this time, even though my head has been pounding like a drum. I don't like not knowing what's up with this >_>
I'm certainly not going to blame the shiazo stones, I'll give them some more smoking before I form a proper opinion on them. They were nice though, interesting thing to try at least. Edited by Moose

Not allergies, it's always after smoking. Though perhaps it's the combination of alergies and smoking... I was away this time last year, so I don't have a previous alergy season to compare it to.
Does "it" happen? It would be a real shame if my body wanted me to stop, I'd like more information if you're serious about it.
Or my mind... Hmm... this is going to be fucking weird, but I'm working on a tulpa, a thoughtform, another person in your mind, complete with matching visual halucination. I started a bit less than a month before this started happening... I didn't think of this until you said that it could be my body trying to get me to stop it... but what if it was my tupa. She's not vocal, but I get signs of sentience, so... it's a remote posilibity. Unlikely... but an interesting thought. If she would just start talking already I could ask her >_>
And yes, it seems weird and creepy as fuck at first, but I don't give a fuck, so whatever.

[quote name='Moose' timestamp='1335988307' post='546444']
Not allergies, it's always after smoking. Though perhaps it's the combination of alergies and smoking... I was away this time last year, so I don't have a previous alergy season to compare it to.
Does "it" happen? It would be a real shame if my body wanted me to stop, I'd like more information if you're serious about it.
Or my mind... Hmm... this is going to be fucking weird, but I'm working on a tulpa, a thoughtform, another person in your mind, complete with matching visual halucination. I started a bit less than a month before this started happening... I didn't think of this until you said that it could be my body trying to get me to stop it... but what if it was my tupa. She's not vocal, but I get signs of sentience, so... it's a remote posilibity. Unlikely... but an interesting thought. If she would just start talking already I could ask her >_>
And yes, it seems weird and creepy as fuck at first, but I don't give a fuck, so whatever.
[/quote]

Lay off the drugs.

Telling me to lay off the drugs on a hookah forum...
If this continues, I may very well have to lay off hookah. It would be a real shame though.

Hmm... I hadn't thought about this, but I got a phunnel bowl for the first time around the time this started.

[quote name='Moose' timestamp='1335992021' post='546451']
Hmm... I hadn't thought about this, but I got a phunnel bowl for the first time around the time this started.
[/quote]

Sounds like the phunnel bowl might be the least of your problems.

Doesn't hurt to check out medical issues with a health care professional.

[quote name='Judy Oma' timestamp='1336010747' post='546474']
[quote name='Moose' timestamp='1335992021' post='546451']
[/quote]

Sounds like the phunnel bowl might be the least of your problems.

Doesn't hurt to check out medical issues with a health care professional.
[/quote]

The phunnel bowl was just an afterthought, I don't see any way that could mess that up, unless I'm just putting too much coal on it.

As far as the

[img]http://biopearco.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/universe-gif.gif[/img]

Goes, whatever, I think it seems awesome ( '-')

y'all are starting to piss me off. Rule 1 applies to a persons beliefs. Be they political, religious, spiritual, or metaphysical. So knock it off.

As you the body part, you body has a way of telling you what it needs, be it salt, certain vitamins, whatever. Feeling sick could just be your body's reaction to you smoking. I sometimes go through periods when i get headaches from smoking and I know i am not doing anything differently. I usually take it as a sign i need to lay off for a bit.

Check blood pressure when you get headaches. Do you drink pop or tea of coffee with hookah? Do you smoke cigs too ? What type of coals do you smoke? For me all those factors made a difference. Some shisha brands give me headaches and QL coals give me headaches. Smoking in a smaller room or basement does that too. Even lighting natural coals indoors do that sometimes.

Eat before smoking, drink water before, during and after smoking. Make sure your coals are completely lit. Make sure your pipe is clean and rust free. Try getting a new hose. Ensure you are using clean, odorless, flavorless water (it would be very uncommon, but everyone has different water supplies, and yours may have some mineral in it that most dont. It is worth considering at the very least). Beyond that, maybe you have a medical issue, in which case, go see a doctor.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1336049320' post='546510']
y'all are starting to piss me off. Rule 1 applies to a persons beliefs. Be they political, religious, spiritual, or metaphysical. So knock it off.
[/quote]

As far as believes go, I don't give a shit if someone has something against mine, they can bitch all they like. But rules are rules, so whatever.

Though the concept is inspired by Buddhist teachings saying they did this, myself and everyone I know trying this/have done this are approaching it from a psychological standpoint. So the only belief about it is whether you believe that the mind is powerful enough to do this, or you just think that the people saying they've done this are trolling. I'm pretty certain that it's working, but I will of course hold my "It works, trust me." for when I've finished it myself.

And thanks to eveyone with suggestions. Right now I'm figuring it's a comination of too much coal on the bowl, too many holes, and hitting it too hard/often. I guess I've been putting in too many holes lately, I reduced the holes and had a bowl, with no ill effect. I'll see how it goes. Edited by Moose

I apparently can't spell beliefs, and the edit feature only lets you edit a post for ten seconds after you post it ( '-')

Sorry if my earlier post seemed offensive. I in no way intended it to be so.

When you get headaches after smoking, it's usually due to lack of oxygen to the brain (or the other things mentioned above, such as coals not being fully lit, etc.). Make sure you don't pull too frequently. Pace yourself.

Also, everything Aeon said. You should be good to go if you follow all that. If you're still having issues after making sure you follow all our advice, it may be time to visit the doctor, or just lay off smoking for a couple weeks and come back to it and see what happens.

Best of luck.

I didn't think any of them seemed offensive, and I can't very well tell what I thought of your's NOW, since they've been blasted into oblivion.
If something so minor can get posts deleted, I really need to watch myself on this site more often.

I've had a couple more bowls with less holes, and I've not had the problem again. I don't know why I didn't think of this in the first place, but whatever.
Thanks again to everyone who had suggestions. Edited by Moose

Hey, I'm sorry too if it was offensive that i posted that gif. I just wanted an excuse to use that gif because I like watching it everytime.

Everything that everybody said here will help and I'm glad to here you've remedied the situation a bit already!

I just said I thought the picture of the guy doing the "mindsplosion" thing was funny, basically. It didn't come off to me as offensive when Greg had posted it, but I guess Mush thought you took it offensively. I liked your post, honestly. It made me go deep in thought, haha. I think this is what Greg meant by his picture as well. :)

Anyway, glad to see you have seemed to solve the problem.

[quote name='Moose' timestamp='1336165055' post='546698']
I didn't think any of them seemed offensive, and I can't very well tell what I thought of your's NOW, since they've been blasted into oblivion.
If something so minor can get posts deleted, I really need to watch myself on this site more often.

I've had a couple more bowls with less holes, and I've not had the problem again. I don't know why I didn't think of this in the first place, but whatever.
Thanks again to everyone who had suggestions.
[/quote]

I invisibled them because i felt they were making fun of YOU. Plus they were completely off the topic. So i got rid of them. Far too often things like this can escalate to where it's not just in good fun anymore and i prefer to nip it in the bud. :)

To be honest, anything with dyes in the tobacco/steam stones give me major migraines. Just another reason I love tangiers, I don't need my tobacco to be a pretty color to enjoy it, its under foil :)