Hookah's Rusting?

This is my second hookah, the first one I threw away because of a bad taste. As I noticed it coming from the second one, I could point out that it was because it was all rusted inside my stem. The smell/taste usually because noticeable after I wash the hookah.

How do you prevent this from happening?

Buy a hookah that doesn't rust. You want to go for something made of brass, rather than aluminum, or cheap "stainless steel." Chances are, if you bought it in the vast, vast majority of local shops, it's a poorly made, rust-loving Chinese model.

Go for a reputable brand for your next one: Khalil Mamoon, Farida, Elmas, Nawras, Mya Saray (NOT "econo Mya"). You want something at least whose core is brass, if not the entire hookah stem. Check out the site's vendor discounts. And of course, no matter what you get, clean them regularly.

Also, get a washable hose: Khalil Mamoon makes some. There's also the Razan, the Narbish, the Nammor, the Fancy Hose/NuHose, and a hose of others. Edited by Christopher Mason Taylor
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Christopher Mason Taylor' timestamp='1334384928' post='544890']
Buy a hookah that doesn't rust. You want to go for something made of brass, rather than aluminum, or cheap "stainless steel." Chances are, if you bought it in the vast, vast majority of local shops, it's a poorly made, rust-loving Chinese model.

Go for a reputable brand for your next one: Khalil Mamoon, Farida, Elmas, Nawras, Mya Saray (NOT "econo Mya"). You want something at least whose core is brass, if not the entire hookah stem. Check out the site's vendor discounts. And of course, no matter what you get, clean them regularly.

Also, get a washable hose: Khalil Mamoon makes some. There's also the Razan, the Narbish, the Nammor, the Fancy Hose/NuHose, and a hose of others.
[/quote]

Christopher here summed it up well. Took the words right out of mouth!

I would just like to add that these are an extremely good deal for Syrian brass, and I think you should get one while they're available:

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/44786-kasbah-hookah-bazaar-official-thread/page__st__40#entry544595

Here's my review on one of the models (all three models should be the same quality, etc.): http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/45409-af-large-solid-look-alike-all-brass-syrian-review/

If this doesn't appeal to you, stick to the brands Christopher mentioned above and you'll be set any which way you decide to go! :)

Hope this helps.