New Smoker On The Block

PurpleSmoke

Hello, I'm just here for a bit of advice :P

I'm new to the hookah, I've long wanted to try it and finally did, and I'm hooked. I have a cheap hookah I bought a few months back to use until I could afford a better one, and I'm looking into it now. My questions are what would be suggested that is good for solo use, but can also be used at parties as well. I've been told by a friend of mine from Switzerland that a hookah where the pipe screws into the base is best, but I wanted to know what you all would suggest.

And if anyone also happens to have a link to a basic hookah care informational I'd be thankful :P I'm looking for one as soon as I'm finished posting this.

First off, welcome to HF! :)

I would advise against a hookah where the stem screws into the base. Just going to be a headache later on; trust me.

Any of the smaller Myas are great solo hookahs yet powerful enough for parties: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-16-small-mya-hookahs-mini-hookahs.html

(Note that the Mono and Vento models can go up to 4 hoses if you wish)

Check out the beginner's thread here: http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/40373-beginners-guide-to-hookah/

For cleaning though, I just rinse everything out really well with water (you can wash the hose too ONLY if you know it is washable; although I never even wash my washables, haha), and let it all sit out to dry.

Again, welcome to the forum and need anything, just ask.

Thanks guys ^.^ I had another friend of a friend suggest the Mya QT as well and so now its on the way. I also ordered a vortex bowl while I was at it. For now I planned on using the hose it came with until I scrounge up another 25 for a better, washable one