Tangier's Official Thread.

mushrat

Katie XD we wantz To distribute Tangiers in SA and all my attempts at contacting sales have failed. Pm me please South Africa needs Tangiers!

[quote name='S3cretz' timestamp='1314190553' post='521146']
Katie XD we wantz To distribute Tangiers in SA and all my attempts at contacting sales have failed. Pm me please South Africa needs Tangiers!
[/quote]
Scratch that XD got an email back seconds after I posted this

[quote name='S3cretz' timestamp='1314191385' post='521147']
[quote name='S3cretz' timestamp='1314190553' post='521146']
[/quote]
Scratch that XD got an email back seconds after I posted this
[/quote]

Good Luck!

[quote name='spoolinspoon' timestamp='1313955651' post='520722']
I Haz bbq classic raspberry. What to do with it
[/quote]

I believe we both tried to acclimate our Lucid Classic Raspberry during the heatwave which is why we have both had the same problem with acclimation. But as I suspected, its not so much the heat as it is the humidity.

First, C. Raspberry is a very delicate flavor in its true form. Second, it is highly water soluble. This combined with high humidity (a dew point over 65) means that the flavor might be diminished. In this case, its not necessarily an acclimation issue as much as just a weather issue and the tobacco may recover on its own.

If our tobacco was acclimated to this damp air (which I suspect that it was in your case too). then the humidity dropped and the tobacco is too damp we can try the freeze method. However, this might also cause an even greater acclimation shock!

Right now it is pretty mild outside compared to the past month but the dew point today is still 68. Since I'm going to see you on Saturday (hopefully!) why don't we each freeze half, and let the other half have some air. We can each pack a bowl out of each container and trade. HF Blind Experiment!

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1314208033' post='521169']
So katie, is it hard to get tangiers to smoke properly if the dew point constantly remains over 65 Fahrenheit? Sorry for the noob question. :-s
[/quote]

It *can* be if you have a flavor that is highly water soluable and the dew point in high at the same time. What happens is that the flavor gets "watered down" with all the humidity in the air. Some flavors are more humidity resistant than others because there are different levels of water soluability in each flavor... but like Zild says "...just part of the gamble of enjoying tangiers".

Of course, humidity is different all over the country... I happen to live in a place that when the humidity is low (at least in summer) its still pretty high. My options are to wait for the weather to change, try a different acclimation process, or try a different flavor :P

Hope that helps :)

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1314276493' post='521285']
So katie, is it hard to get tangiers to smoke properly if the dew point constantly remains over 65 Fahrenheit? Sorry for the noob question. :-s
[/quote]

It *can* be if you have a flavor that is highly water soluable and the dew point in high at the same time. What happens is that the flavor gets "watered down" with all the humidity in the air. Some flavors are more humidity resistant than others because there are different levels of water soluability in each flavor... but like Zild says "...just part of the gamble of enjoying tangiers".

Of course, humidity is different all over the country... I happen to live in a place that when the humidity is low (at least in summer) its still pretty high. My options are to wait for the weather to change, try a different acclimation process, or try a different flavor :P

[/quote]

Thanks! Erm...is there a list of flavours with their water solubility mentioned? :-s The thing is, that in India, it's still a few months to go for winters to come, and though I really don't know what the average dew point is during winters, but I've been keeping an eye on it since I got my tangiers, and it seems that here, in summers, it hardly ever goes below 75. :(

I ordered 3 flavours: Kashmir guava noir, and Static starlight, Indian summer in lucid, and up to now, Kashmir guava is the only of those 3 that I can get a good flavour out of, but even then it doesn't act like a low heat tobacco in such humidity. On my crown micro, it takes me about 10 minutes to get good clouds out of KG, and I can get the same clouds from AF in like 3 minutes, though, not as good flavour. :)

I am not flaming in anyway haha, just mentioning that may be the humidity has something to do with the tobacco taking that time to smoke well? Like, it makes sense if it has absorbed too much water from the air during acclimation process?

Gonna notice how the dew point stays in winters and order again!

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1314280523' post='521287']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks! Erm...is there a list of flavours with their water solubility mentioned? :-s The thing is, that in India, it's still a few months to go for winters to come, and though I really don't know what the average dew point is during winters, but I've been keeping an eye on it since I got my tangiers, and it seems that here, in summers, it hardly ever goes below 75. :(

I ordered 3 flavours: Kashmir guava noir, and Static starlight, Indian summer in lucid, and up to now, Kashmir guava is the only of those 3 that I can get a good flavour out of, but even then it doesn't act like a low heat tobacco in such humidity. On my crown micro, it takes me about 10 minutes to get good clouds out of KG, and I can get the same clouds from AF in like 3 minutes, though, not as good flavour. :)

I am not flaming in anyway haha, just mentioning that may be the humidity has something to do with the tobacco taking that time to smoke well? Like, it makes sense if it has absorbed too much water from the air during acclimation process?

[/quote]

I may be totally off base, but I think humidity should have no affect on clouds. I would guess it might have more to do with you packing than anything else. Tangiers is a low heat tobacco, but a lot of the flavors are pretty resistant (i.e. Kashmir)

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1314158404' post='521121']
[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1314157600' post='521119']
I would and did lol
[/quote]

You ass. I'm gonna order a kilo. I love that shit. haha.
[/quote]
i know how you feel tang blackberry best ive had already burned through 750gs

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Kashmir, Florals, and Mints are the easiest to acclimate typically, as they have a higher resistance to humidity shock. Fruits are ususally pretty moderate when it comes to acclimating. This is why your Kashmir Guava is doing the best. Indian Summer should be the next easiest, and Static Starlight the hardest. Just follow the 4/20 method for a few days. If that doesn't work, try the freezer method. This "resets" the tobacco and can make it easier to acclimate.

And yes, Mike and Dan, Blackberry is now on my list of favorites. It will always be in my stash.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1314291865' post='521309']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I may be totally off base, but I think humidity should have no affect on clouds. I would guess it might have more to do with you packing than anything else. Tangiers is a low heat tobacco, but a lot of the flavors are pretty resistant (i.e. Kashmir)
[/quote]

Chris is spot on about the humidity resistance of the flavors.

Joytron is right about the clouds. Since water is chemically very polar in nature a high concentration of water vapor in the Tangiers cloud will attract more water from the outside environment and would make the cloud even fuller. It would have to be a pretty steamy environment for the environmental air to pull the water from the cloud which would cause the opposite outcome. I agree with Joytron, if you are getting good flavor but poor clouds you may want to check your packing technique and heat management.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314306873' post='521354']
Kashmir, Florals, and Mints are the easiest to acclimate typically, as they have a higher resistance to humidity shock. Fruits are ususally pretty moderate when it comes to acclimating. This is why your Kashmir Guava is doing the best. Indian Summer should be the next easiest, and Static Starlight the hardest. Just follow the 4/20 method for a few days. If that doesn't work, try the freezer method. This "resets" the tobacco and can make it easier to acclimate.

And yes, Mike and Dan, Blackberry is now on my list of favorites. It will always be in my stash.
[/quote]

Thanks man! You're right on the money. They are absolutely in that order, static starlight being the most problematic yet, so I am gonna take a bowl full or two of it and freeze it tonight and acclimate it again! :D

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1314373021' post='521452']
[/quote]

Joytron is right about the clouds. Since water is chemically very polar in nature a high concentration of water vapor in the Tangiers cloud will attract more water from the outside environment and would make the cloud even fuller. It would have to be a pretty steamy environment for the environmental air to pull the water from the cloud which would cause the opposite outcome. I agree with Joytron, if you are getting good flavor but poor clouds you may want to check your packing technique and heat management.
[/quote]

Actually, what I said is not that I am not getting epic tangiers clouds, but just that it takes a bit longer, and I don't know if it is supposed to take like 10 minutes with coals and a windcover for it to smoke properly? You know, this being my first time. After 10 minutes though, it smokes like a dream and I get full on clouds and flavour for the entire session.

I am not confident of my packing though, since I've not ever seen anyone pack a bowl in person and just go by the videos and tutorials, but since I can get good flavour+good clouds (even if it takes a bit longer) with noir, which in my understanding is harder to pack properly than lucid, it does kind of mean that I am getting there right?

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1314374970' post='521459']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314306873' post='521354']

[/quote]

Thanks man! You're right on the money. They are absolutely in that order, static starlight being the most problematic yet, so I am gonna take a bowl full or two of it and freeze it tonight and acclimate it again! :D

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1314373021' post='521452']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, what I said is not that I am not getting epic tangiers clouds, but just that it takes a bit longer, and I don't know if it is supposed to take like 10 minutes with coals and a windcover for it to smoke properly? You know, this being my first time. After 10 minutes though, it smokes like a dream and I get full on clouds and flavour for the entire session.

I am not confident of my packing though, since I've not ever seen anyone pack a bowl in person and just go by the videos and tutorials, but since I can get good flavour+good clouds (even if it takes a bit longer) with noir, which in my understanding is harder to pack properly than lucid, it does kind of mean that I am getting there right?
[/quote]

Yeah, good flavor+good clouds=good session. You will get a lot of tips from members on here that may be the key to perfecting your session. I say just keep experimenting and seeing what works and what doesn't. Once you get familiar with how your environment and equipment effect your smoking experience it will be a piece of cake to cater your sessions to your personal preferences.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1314831147' post='522088']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314831075' post='522087']
I haz Welsh Cream and it is delish! NOMZ.
[/quote]
It smells good. It's so strong.
[/quote]

Does yours act like Lucid too? Or have you not smoked it yet?

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314832957' post='522093']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1314831147' post='522088']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314831075' post='522087']
I haz Welsh Cream and it is delish! NOMZ.
[/quote]
It smells good. It's so strong.
[/quote]

Does yours act like Lucid too? Or have you not smoked it yet?
[/quote]
I haven't smoked it yet.

Well the Welsh Cream I have is JUST as if I were smoking Lucid. It's so weird, but I'm not complaining because I love Lucid due to its "cleaner" (taking this term from Jay) flavor, since it lacks the "tobacco-y heaviness." I asked elsewhere and many others agreed that theirs acted like Lucid as well. As for using less coals on it, I don't know about that. I used two CCM and it was awesome for 4-5 hours.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314837696' post='522106']
Well the Welsh Cream I have is JUST as if I were smoking Lucid. It's so weird, but I'm not complaining because I love Lucid due to its "cleaner" (taking this term from Jay) flavor, since it lacks the "tobacco-y heaviness." I asked elsewhere and many others agreed that theirs acted like Lucid as well. As for using less coals on it, I don't know about that. I used two CCM and it was awesome for 4-5 hours.
[/quote]
5 hours! YOU CRAZY BASTARD! <3

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1314840006' post='522114']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Pssshhh. I once went 8 hours on Indian Summer using my Tangiers Mini Phunnel and AF Cocos. THAT was a hell of a night.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314841892' post='522116']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1314840006' post='522114']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Pssshhh. I once went 8 hours on Indian Summer using my Tangiers Mini Phunnel and AF Cocos. THAT was a hell of a night.
[/quote]

Thats what I call a wednesday....just sayin lol