Nammor Washable Hoses (All Varieties)

deltr

biggrin.gif The Nammor Hose biggrin.gif

I ordered this hose from www.hookah-shisha.com. Their stock is shipped from Austin, TX, which is an hour from me, so it only took a business day to get here.

Here's what I recieved:

The Hookah I used:

Time to fire up some coals, and load some Al Fakhar Mint:

Materials: Garden hose, sweat bands, pleather, and machined plastic from 8th grade shop class.

The hose itself isn't as long as I was thinking it was going to be, but it's thick as a mother and it gets the job done. I no longer feel as if I am restricted by airflow when I inhale. Take a deep breath as fast as you can. Yeah, it's like that. Pretty pimp. Because of the volume I can inhale now, my smoke thickness has easily doubled.

The hose itself came with some white bumps and bruises, which i chalk up to be from the packing peanuts it was shipped with:

Obviously, the mouth piece is removable:

The hose is suprisingly light, which is handy because putting this mammajamma into my hookah is a TIGHT squeeze:

For the first 5 hits or so, the smoke and flavor was there, but I had a odd cough while exhaling. It soon left and I assume it's because I didn't rinse the hose before using (I am used to unwashable hoses).

All in all I give his hose 10/10. I don't know if it's worth the $24, but I am a happy camper. And no, there isn't a plastic taste.

• 3 weeks later...
The Nammor Hose...

This hose is awesome! I wish I had bought more than just one (seriously)!

This hose performs beautifully. You can easily pull the biggest clouds you've ever seen with this hose. It looks nice and it performs even better. When I first got it I noticed that it had a slight plasticy smell/taste to it, but halfway through my first session, the smell/taste was gone. Now, after 3 sessions with it, it smells like Starbuzz X on the Beach. Although that might be an issue when I go to smoke some cappuccino or After Nine. Anyway, its not a concern to me. The only drawback to this hose is that it came a little damaged (look at deltr's post to see what I mean, what he called "white bumps and bruises").

Overall score : 9.9/10

this hose out performs any hose I have ever had (and its way cooler than an AC hose)
buy yours today. Edited by Big Boss

Nammor hose

The Nammor is excellent, well worth the price. Both of mine came in perfect condition, no white marks or any scuffs, for that matter. After a quick rinse and a few hits, they imparted no extra flavor on the shisha. The hose hits very well, and looks great too.

10/10

• 2 weeks later...
Nammor Hose

This hose is amazing. Big bore = easy draw. Washable and not unattractive, but it will be more stylin' with my new hosecovers a friend is making for it. Very nice no complaints.

10/10

Nammor Hose

Honestly the best hose I've ever tried. Very clean, modern look, completely washable, and should last a really long time. Some people have complained about the "plastic" taste, but after one bowl, I could hardly taste anything but smoke. Super easy draw, more effortless than my Khalil Mammoun. Sturdier as well. I kinda wish I could take off the sweatbands, but that's no big problem. GO BUY ONE NOW!

• 3 weeks later...
Nammor Hose(black). Pulls great and I can get some very nice smoke clouds with this hose. Washable and the tip is removable for easy washing.Looks kinda cool IMO. A must have I think. Mine came in perfect condition. Was a great addition to my Vortex.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Nammor Hose

AMAZING! Takes hookah smoking to a whole 'nother level. Efforless draws, great looks, truly washable, those are only some things that make the nammor so great. I recommend, no, I COMMAND everyone to buy this hose, NOW.

10/10!!!!!!

Nammor hose!

Top notch hose, makes any and every other hose feel like pulling through a straw, while pulling through the nammor is like sucking from a drain pipe or something lol smile.gif and it is washable which is absolutely great. My only problem (very small) with it is that its easy to burn the fabric bobble things on the end if a spark comes off the coal while your ashing. Still best hose I have ever used!

9.5/10

• 1 month later...
Nammor hose:

This thing is friggin huge! Just got it today so i washed it with some lemon juice and hot water. Fully washable hose is a nice feature especially with the detachable mouthpiece

Mine came with packing peanuts and had no marks anywhere on it. I did have to use a small grommet to have it stay in my mya frost but i expected that.

Hits like a dream with ease and got my smoke going about 2 to 3 minutes faster than normal.

Will definitely reccomend this to any hookah owner.

9/10-the fuzzy end caps retain any water you get on them so it takes longer than i wish to fully dry it off

Nammor:

this hose is so good that it will make you hate all other hoses. easy to pull, you get a lot of smoke, and it is fully washable. very nice. everyone already knows the good things about it, though

here's a few things to consider before buying one, though. it will have a plastic-like taste for a while. you have to put quite a few sessions onto it before that wierd taste goes away. also, the colors don't quite match. at least that is how my green one is. the greens are different colors of green. the tip is like a bright lime green and the handle is an army green. it clashes. the little pom-pom things are a different color green, too. (i know that most of you are probably thinking, "wow, what a girl!" lol. but this might really be an issue for some people.) my wife and i decided to get the green one because online, it looked like the "red" one in the picture had the whole red-clashing-with-maroon thing going on. we should have gone with black, i think. can't get that wrong. whatever, i'v gotten used to it and i really like it. if that color-clashing thing bothers you a lot, then get over it and buy one anyway. lol. j/k. i'm very happy with the hose; it's just that i was not expecting it to be that color, that's all. lol.

The Nammor is the best thing to ever happen to my hookah. Edited by Dom

• 2 weeks later...
Nammor Hose, maroon

I guess this is a "1.0" hose (it was ordered over a month ago), but it doesn't matter. Pretty much the standard thing: huge bore, pretty much non-existant resistance--like breathing normally almost, much bigger smoke volume because of this! (Makes the inevitable Tangiers buzzes much faster in coming!) cool.gif The detachable mouthpice makes it easy to wash. And yes, the elastic sweatband thingies do get wet--paper towels help.

Plastic taste almost completely removed w/ lemon juice.

On a side-note, I cut open my old piece-of-shite cobra hose for fun after I got this--rusty metal coil and black particulate matter lining the inside...

• 3 weeks later...
nammor hose

Draw: Just like breathing, Very Easy

Quality: Extremely Nice Hose, Very Durable

Cleaning: Extremely Easy, I washed it with lemon water before smoking NO BAD TASTE

Flexibility: Medium, As it should be for such a thick hose

Length: Perfect, Not too long, but not too short

Rating: 10/10

Nammor Hose (Green)

The best hose by far. Draws smoke like a breeze with its huge bore. Smoking sessions start up quicker since there is more air being pulled than say a stock MYA hose. Definitely worth the money.

Overall: 10/10!

Nammor Hose

Overall I love it. Great look and a smooth draw. The only negative thing I can find about it is the fact the tip opening is large. With normal hoses with smaller openings I direct the smoke to the tip of my tonge just for my flavorage lol. Other than that great and would recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
Nammor Hose

Amazing! I've been smoking out of my friends hookah with a hose that looks just like the "mod hose" from hookah-shisha. The smoke is EASILY twice and thick and the clouds are huuuuge. Even compared to the local hookah bar, I was getting so so so much more smoke. Never before have I been able to actually hide myself in smoke. Definitely recommend! Looks very durable too.

• 4 weeks later...
Namoor Hose:

I just picked up a black Namoor hose today. After giving it a thorough cleaning, I fired up a bowl of Hookah Freak's 'The Dude'. Smoke production was rather light, but not really thick as I get with my Cobra hoses. The taste was better and the bonus of being able to wash the thing out is great. It has a really thick tip which I believe reduces the 'cloud effect' that you get with the smaller hoses. I like it though, I just wish I could get better smoke production from it. It was not harsh at all when I was smoking through it, but I switched to the Cobra part way through the bowl and there was a noticible difference in smoke production (which I love) and harshness (which we all hate). Overall, I'd give it a solid 7/10.

I'm interested in getting more info from those that got a lot of smoke through theirs. More coals? Maybe I need to use some sort of grommet to fit it better even though it seems to just pop right in without a problem... Confusing.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got my Nammor....HOLY CRAP... now I understand why everyone raves about them!!! I never had a better draw off a hose before. I will be ordering more that's for SURE!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Nammor Hose

Looks: Its nice and huge. Its orange which is my favorite color so. 10/10

Length: Overall very long, but the handle takes up most of the length, would like the hose part longer 5/10

Handle: Massive 6/10

Draw: Huge 10/10

Washability: YES 10/10

Overall: My go to hose 8.2/10

Nammor Hose

Looks: Bigger and more unique than most hoses. Striking in appearance. If you look at it closely though, you can see the plastic inside right where the plastic mouth-tip goes in, which means you can see the (green) plastic on the (in this case black/white) hose while you're smoking. 7/10

Length: Long but the handle is too big, and it makes it hard to smoke in certain circumstances (i.e. during a solo-smoke if you want the hookah behind you while you're on a computer). I ordered 2 and noticed both the handle and the removable plastic mouth tip are of different sizes between the two hoses, which is ok, but suggests poor quality 7/10

Draw: Compared to a Mya hose, the tip which connects to the hookah (which is probably the limiting factor in draw) is probably 2x or more in area, meaning 2x or more smoke per unit time compared to the Mya hose. 10/10

Washability: The hose is, not sure about the sock-like wrappings on the handle. Those look like they'll be easy to get dirty and hard to clean. 7/10

Overall: Great functionality. Has significant room for improvement in the design. 8/10

Notes: Make sure you rinse out when you get it. When I rinsed mine out, the water went into the hose clear and came out purple, suggesting there's some purple dust inside. Here's a youtube review that I found helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PihLvF4Er4

Yesterday I got my Namoor Disco in!

This is a great hose! Not only does it pull really nicely, it looks cool! The whole hose, including the handle is clear, although the handle is clear yellow. The coiling adds a really nice accent to the clear hose and makes it stick out a bit. The blue material at the ends of the handle look nice as well! The yellow handle is what's really the eye catcher on this piece. It draws your attention to look at it before getting a look at the mouthpiece.

The mouthpiece is the coolest one I've ever seen. It's all clear plastic, albeit the plastic is a bit shitty. I cracked the part with the LEDs right after it came out of the box by squeezing too hard. The LEDs are definitely a show piece. Smoking at night or in the dark adds a whole new experience to the smoke session! It makes people pay attention to it, and when you blow the smoke straight over the hose while it's still in your mouth is a cool effect!

My one real complaint is the mouthpiece doesn't stick in the handle that well. It falls out pretty easy and fell onto the stone patio I have outside when I was bringing it in.

Looks: 10 / 10
Function: 10 / 10
Build Quality: 9 / 10

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fO2Mngyatg

• 2 weeks later...
Just got a block Nammor a couple days ago from a local hookah bar for $25. Let me start off by saying that this thing is massive. Was very impressed with the size of it. Feels pretty solid and does not strike me as a cheap piece of junk at all. Smoked Fumari citrus mint though a Sahara Smoke Genie. the hookah was a bit small for the hose but I was too excited to wait until I could try it with a bigger hookah.

So far my only complaint about it was that when I opened up the package with the hose it had a very strong plastic smell. The was fixed ny swishing around a couple shots of vodka and hot water inside the hose. After that I washed it out with cold water. This took care of the plastic smell and taste.

The hose smoked beautifully. The amount of pull this thing has is ungodly. It feels about as easy as breatheing. Very easy to get a lot of smoke out of this one. I must say that this thing is truely the lazy-mans hookah hose. You barely have to move you arm to get this thing to you mouth. A nice plus when you are buzzing, mellow, and comfortably lounged out.

In closing, its a beautiful, solid hose, that smokes very well, and has amazing pull. The plastic smell and taste is easily dealt with so that warrants only a minor inconvenience. Sadly the hose wasn't put to its full potential but it will be throughly tested this weekend. So expect an update pretty quickly. Edited by Capt. Morgan

• 2 months later...
Namoor

I received my new namoor hose from hookah-shisha yesterday. When I first received it I took a few puffs on it without the hookah. It imediately brought back memories of being on summer vacation and playing with those plastic toys and squirt guns. Ran a cup of lemon juice and water through it then two more cups of water and no more taste. I did notice some dye coming out when I was rinsing the hose with water. I think its the black dye from the hose because it came out purple, which makes sense if it was watered down.

Build Quality: 8/10
I'm wasn't really impressed with the build quality. The mouthpiece fit and was airtight, but wasn't snug. The slightest pull will remove the mouth piece from the hose, which sucks because you bump the mouthpiece all the time with your lips and such. I'm 99% sure that one layer of electrical tape will fix this problem, but still, I shouldn't have to modify a brand new product for it to work properly. I don't attribute this to Hookah-shisha.com at all, I want to be clear about that, this is entirely a manufacturing issue. Also, the decorated mouthpiece is cool and all, but a bit of polishing would have been nice. Every single cut is very rough, and while there aren't any jagged edges, you can clearly see the scratches left by the grinder. Like I said, not really impressed. The hose itself was very nice and sturdy. No scuff marks, no issues with the handle or anything which is why I scored it an 8 out of 10.

Pull: 10/10
I don't really know how they could improve the pull on this hose. If they make hole bigger they would have to make the mouthpiece bigger and its already on the large size. There is definitely a difference between breathing normally and breathing through the hose, but I would say that its about twice as good as a standard Mya hose.

Overall: 9/10
Averaged them out. Very decent score IMO.

*Side note: This hose will in no way improve your smoke thickness. It can't. Heat managment and the brand of shisha you use are the overwhelming factors that dictate how dense your smoke is. It will let you breathe the smoke in easier, but that's it. Its a hose, not a magic wand.

Update: Used the hose twice and it has already broke, well sort of. The blue/green grommet that creats a seal between the mouthpiece and hose has come off. It isn't the worst thing that could happen and is easily fixed with some electrical tape but come on, after two uses? Really? Why do manufacturers have so much trouble creating quality parts for hookahs? I would totally be willing to pay $50 for a hose that works perfectly and lasts for years, but where or where can I find that? Edited by indy

• 4 weeks later...
Just got a black Nammor from h-s today.

Build: It could be better, but it's good. I like the flexibility of the hose. Mine doesn't have any obvious imperfections on the hose itself but the mouth tip has a little chip where the etched designs are. No big deal, but it would've been nice for it to be immaculate. Hopefully the whole thing will be able to hold up to my usage. I could also use a shorter handle. 8/10

Pull: It pulls just as easy if not better than my home-depot hose (5/8 id) which is surprising to me because it looks like the hose itself has a smaller outer diameter. I washed my hose immediately after opening with warm water, vinegar and lemon juice but there was still a slight plastically smell/taste. No biggie, it's already gone. I love the ease of pull and the smoke volume I'm getting with this. 10/10

Overall: 9/10 my new go to hose.