Want To Buy My First Hookah! Need Help

Hi, Im new here!
I just had a few questions. I really want to buy a hookah, I have smoked but dont have one yet.
The company Sahara Smoke seems to have alot of promotions now, such as a free hookah & rotating stand & free shipping.
I was thinking of buying a large two hose and a medium one hose so in the end i would have three.

The total is about 192.

Question 1) Is sahara smoke a good/credible/legit company? I mean idk how many companies do these kind of promotions, a lot of them. The large hookah is 27 inches, I was hoping for something taller but thats ok.

Question 2) Is two hose better than one hose? I mean if two people smoke a two hose hookah at the same time, can you get good clouds? Thats one of the reasons i want to get 3 so everyone can have or if i have like 5-6 people over, there wouldnt be a problem.

My uncle is going away to Dubai soon, so should i ask him to bring a hookah from there? Or bring one from my home country of Pakistan.
How is Sahara Smoke and the pulling?

Thanks!

[quote name='Hookah101' timestamp='1293150434' post='492194']
Hi, Im new here!
I just had a few questions. I really want to buy a hookah, I have smoked but dont have one yet.
The company Sahara Smoke seems to have alot of promotions now, such as a free hookah & rotating stand & free shipping.
I was thinking of buying a large two hose and a medium one hose so in the end i would have three.

The total is about 192.

Question 1) Is sahara smoke a good/credible/legit company? I mean idk how many companies do these kind of promotions, a lot of them. The large hookah is 27 inches, I was hoping for something taller but thats ok.

Question 2) Is two hose better than one hose? I mean if two people smoke a two hose hookah at the same time, can you get good clouds? Thats one of the reasons i want to get 3 so everyone can have or if i have like 5-6 people over, there wouldnt be a problem.

My uncle is going away to Dubai soon, so should i ask him to bring a hookah from there? Or bring one from my home country of Pakistan.
How is Sahara Smoke and the pulling?

Thanks!

[/quote]

Don't get a 2 hose. Smoking from them is never as good as it sounds. Get two one hoses if you intend to get more than one. Sahara Smoke is OK I guess but it doesn't seem that that many people here order from there. Check the Vendor Reviews here

If you have an uncle going to Dubai, DEFINITELY ask him to bring you one or two. It will be, no joke, about 1/3 of the price as online in America, and Dubai is full of shops selling quality pipes. Make sure he opts for a "functional" one, because there are a lot of fancy looking ones sold to tourists that aren't worth it for smoking. Also tell him to pick you up lots of Al-Fakher tobacco because it's made in the UAE and is dead cheap over there.

I'd avoid Sahara Smoke hookahs. In my experience, they rust out fast. If you are deadset on a two hose, goto hookah-shisha.com and check out the Mya hookahs. WIth 5-6 people, you should be fine with a one hose. Some know qualitly brands include Mya, Khalil Mamoon, Temsaahs, Nour and Nawras. A few good sites to check out are:
Hookah-shisha.com
hookahcompany.com
hookahjohn.com

First off, welcome to HF!

You came to the right place [i]before[/i] you bought your hookah. Sahara Smoke is okay, but most people who have had a Sahara hookah will tell you not to buy one. This is due to theirs not lasting very long.

IMO, you should stick to these brands when looking for a hookah: Mya, Khalil Mamoon, Temsah, or Nour/Nawras.

Some brands of tobacco you should consider starting out on: Nakhla and Al Fakher. Both are very easy to get going.

Here are some favorite vendors that most forum peeps buy from: Hookahcompany.com, HookahJohn.com, and Hookah-Shisha.com.

Look around those sites, find what you like, then post it here. We'll tell you if it's any good or not.

Also, check out this thread right here: [url="http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/40373-beginners-guide-to-hookah/"]http://www.hookahfor...uide-to-hookah/[/url]

Thank you everyone! Your advice was great, I am looking at the websites and hookah brands you provided me with.
I think the reason i was attracted more to Sahara Smoke was because of their pricing/deals and that i get 2 jars of shisha, any flavor, with it.

How about this, if I get a large hookah and get two stems? One for one hose and another for 2 or more hoses? Does that work?
I want atleast two hookahs, one large and one small & the large to turn to at the mosttt two hoses.

[quote name='Hookah101' timestamp='1293158185' post='492203']
Thank you everyone! Your advice was great, I am looking at the websites and hookah brands you provided me with.
I think the reason i was attracted more to Sahara Smoke was because of their pricing/deals and that i get 2 jars of shisha, any flavor, with it.

How about this, if I get a large hookah and get two stems? One for one hose and another for 2 or more hoses? Does that work?
I want atleast two hookahs, one large and one small & the large to turn to at the mosttt two hoses.
[/quote]

Honestly, it sounds like the Myas would be your best bet. Go with H-S for one:

Large Mya Hookahs: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-241-mya-hookah-mya-saray-hookahs.html

Small Mya Hookahs: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-16-small-mya-hookahs-mini-hookahs.html

All of those you can turn into at least two hoses, some of them four hoses. Lot of buzz concerning the new Vento and Mono models, because they're small Myas, yet you can turn them into 4-hosers. My personal favorite Mya model is the two-hose QT. Whichever Mya you pick, however, it's going to hit like a champ and treat you good for years to come. Mya is the only Chinese hookah that is worth buying.

IncubusRATM know what he's talking about, so definitely hear him out. I would maybe add Nakhla as a shisha choice, since it's always been easy to get going for me and it's pretty cheap price-wise. Also, natural coals are going to be what you want to shoot for, provided you have the facilities to light them. If not, I would say go to walgreens and get a one-coil hotplate to light natural coals. Quicklights (little hockey-puck shaped coals) are treated with saltpeter to make them light fast, and I as well as other have had problems with them making us sick. Honestly, for what you're describing something like a Mya QT or Mono/Vento to learn with, and maybe a Paragon or Vortex for a later date. If you want multi-hose capability, Mya serves this capacity well. All the brands mentioned, however, will treat you well provided you take care of them.

Once again, I thank you guys so much for taking your time out to help me.

At first I was thinking about the Mya Colossus and saw youtube reviews, then stumbled upon a review about the KM 50' quad pearl and sort of fell in love with that.
The reviewers about the Mya Colossus didnt like the hoses and i thought why should i spend more money on hoses then too when i could get the KM for a cheaper price, and better hoses that come with it. However, i didnt find any stem adapters.

What do you guys feel about two people pulling from the same hookah at the same time? does the size of the hookah make a difference to how much smoke you would get and the result of the clouds?

I saw this website and i wanted to know what you guys thought of it and the hookah: Banned Vendor. Edited by INCUBUSRATM
Banned Vendor.

I edited out the banned vendor that you mentioned. Just a warning this time...

Please read the rules and banned vendors list:

http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/45-forum-rules/

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/26167-banned-vendor-list/

Two people can go at once. My mya handles it well with a medium phunnel bowl. Honestly, for your first, I wouldn't go all-out. Those huge pipes look cool, no doubt, but they're pricey, hard to clean, and often impractical. One that large would be set up at your residence almost exclusively. If you take it down a notch or two size-wise you can move it to follow the party.

If you wanna use a multi-hose, just make sure that people are puffing in turns and not at the same time.

alrighty so your wanting to blow about 200$ big ones eh? honestly you could get some decent pipes for that. But if your set on a multi hose hookah thats about your going to be able to get with just enough for shisha and coals. I would reccomend just like everyone else is...just get 2 (1)hose hookahs.

[quote name='Hookah101' timestamp='1293163517' post='492213']

At first I was thinking about the Mya Colossus and saw youtube reviews, then stumbled upon a review about the KM 50' quad pearl and sort of fell in love with that.
The reviewers about the Mya Colossus didnt like the hoses and i thought why should i spend more money on hoses then too when i could get the KM for a cheaper price, and better hoses that come with it. However, i didnt find any stem adapters.

What do you guys feel about two people pulling from the same hookah at the same time? does the size of the hookah make a difference to how much smoke you would get and the result of the clouds?

I saw this website and i wanted to know what you guys thought of it and the hookah: Banned Vendor.
[/quote]

I have a 40" KM. I have to take it into the shower with me for cleaning. I don't use it much just for that reason. Anything over 26" is much more labor intensive to clean, and if you're fairly new to hookah, it can get real old real fast. I'm not a Mya fan for personal reasons, but they do make very good pipes and are a perfect entry level pipe. If you're determined to go all out, then yeah, go for a KM, Temsah, Nour, as previously mentioned. IIt sounds like you leaned towards Sahara because it comes in a kind of "all together" package. But you can do much better working with Hookah John, who gives extraordinary personal service and I'm sure he'd be glad to hook up a full package for you. The Sahara package you will find (Yep, been there, done that) is not nearly as good a deal when you actually receive it. You'd do much better with John and end up with quality merchandise from the get-go. Just give him a call after Christmas.

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1293251164' post='492302']
[quote name='Hookah101' timestamp='1293163517' post='492213']

I saw this website and i wanted to know what you guys thought of it and the hookah: Banned Vendor.
[/quote]

I have a 40" KM. I have to take it into the shower with me for cleaning. I don't use it much just for that reason. Anything over 26" is much more labor intensive to clean, and if you're fairly new to hookah, it can get real old real fast. I'm not a Mya fan for personal reasons, but they do make very good pipes and are a perfect entry level pipe. If you're determined to go all out, then yeah, go for a KM, Temsah, Nour, as previously mentioned. IIt sounds like you leaned towards Sahara because it comes in a kind of "all together" package. But you can do much better working with Hookah John, who gives extraordinary personal service and I'm sure he'd be glad to hook up a full package for you. The Sahara package you will find (Yep, been there, done that) is not nearly as good a deal when you actually receive it. You'd do much better with John and end up with quality merchandise from the get-go. Just give him a call after Christmas.

'Rani
[/quote]

Also, forgot to mention, I use single hose pipes for up to 3 people all the time. In fact, I find it's perfect because you want to wait about that much time before your next hit anyway.

Puff, puff, pass is still the name of the game even with a hose.

'Rani

You got some good advice from people above but here is my 0.02.....If you insist on mlti-hose pipe them get a MYA because they have Auto-seal hose ports so you don't have to keep asking the other person to block the hose so you can smoke.- DO NOT buy the Mya Econo line-. Also do not get a QT or similar size because once you use the two ports you cannot purge the smoke. Get a Med/Large size Mya which can handle up to 3 hoses plus a purge valve. They are more expensive but looks like you have the budget for it. As far as tobacco, if you are new to smoking then Nakhla will knock you out due to the high ncotine content so start with brand that has less nicotine and there is plenty of those like Starbuzz, Alfakher, fantasia....eventually you will settle on something you like and becomes you favorite.

• 10 years later...