Don'T Ask,Don'T Tell

mustafabey

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1293646409' post='492808']
You completely missed the point, the problem with homosexuality in the military is not worrying about the sexual orientation who's coming to rescue some pathetically helpless civilian from an equally pathetic terrorist. It is one stemming from[i][b] [color="#FF0000"]the unusual, and uncomfortable situation resulting from the close quarters of training. Who in the hell wants to go take a shower with some homosexuals over in the corner leering at them. From personal situation I can tell you, it results in some homosexuals getting punched in the face[/color][/b][/i], me getting a ticket for fighting, and then getting tickets for lewd and lascivious behavior. Mine was dismissed, as an understandable fit of rage according to the judge.

While were at it, since there is no difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals, why even have separated showers at all? Just exactly why is it that we just don't have one giant shower at the gymnasium, high school PE, the military.[color="#FF0000"][i][b] If it's supposed to be fine for days to take a shower with people they find attractive in a sexual way[/b][/i][/color], just exactly what's wrong with forcing men and women all takes a shower in the same place at the same time? I really see no difference between forcing gays on heterosexuals in a communal situation and forcing men and women into the same situation. You can't agree with segregation by by sex, on one hand, then turn around and force integration for the same exact criteria. To do so is hypocritical to the point of being sheer lunacy.

Is this what we want from the military? Well guess what is the change you got. Look at the problems it created in other countries. The wussificationof the modern military. so now that you have your gays in the military why don't you go join up, why don't you go bust your butt for four years, risk life and limb, be shot at, risk being blown apart, for the intensely wonderful some of $22,000 a year after four years.--Yep, that's what I thought--all talk and no join.
[/quote]

I was hoping no one was going to use this as an argument. Let me clearly state that gay men having the capacity to be attracted to a man doesn't make them attracted to everything with a penis attached. In the same way that every woman/man doesn't find the opposite sex attractive, this applies exactly the same way to gays. Not only are gay men not attracted to every naked soldier in the showers, but even if they WERE attracted to one or two fellow soldiers(not that they could with the anti-faggot attitudes a lot have, making them virtually unattractive on their own), they wouldn't stalk them in the shower rooms and corner them in the laundry room for rape. This isn't Shawshank, this is the military. Gays aren't any hornier or out of control than any other man, they just have different tastes. Sensible soldiers working together. Saying that gays are some kind of uncomfortable or sexual danger to the straight soldier is implying one of two things.

1. Gay soldiers in training are a threat and must be removed due to the aggressive and disgusting behavior of advancing (physically and/or non-physically) on other soldiers.
OR
2. A majority (notice how I didn't say all, no one is safe from the benefit of the negative doubt) of straight soldiers feel as if they are being stared at naked in the showers, and are victim to the acts in scenario 1. Now please show me some examples of where example 1 was a serious issue.

This concern for ourselves from the "savage and sexually corrupt queers" is ridiculous. Gays int he military want to do their job just as much as anyone else. Ridiculous.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1311291037' post='516836']
[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1293646409' post='492808']
You completely missed the point, the problem with homosexuality in the military is not worrying about the sexual orientation who's coming to rescue some pathetically helpless civilian from an equally pathetic terrorist. It is one stemming from[i][b] [color="#FF0000"]the unusual, and uncomfortable situation resulting from the close quarters of training. Who in the hell wants to go take a shower with some homosexuals over in the corner leering at them. From personal situation I can tell you, it results in some homosexuals getting punched in the face[/color][/b][/i], me getting a ticket for fighting, and then getting tickets for lewd and lascivious behavior. Mine was dismissed, as an understandable fit of rage according to the judge.

While were at it, since there is no difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals, why even have separated showers at all? Just exactly why is it that we just don't have one giant shower at the gymnasium, high school PE, the military.[color="#FF0000"][i][b] If it's supposed to be fine for days to take a shower with people they find attractive in a sexual way[/b][/i][/color], just exactly what's wrong with forcing men and women all takes a shower in the same place at the same time? I really see no difference between forcing gays on heterosexuals in a communal situation and forcing men and women into the same situation. You can't agree with segregation by by sex, on one hand, then turn around and force integration for the same exact criteria. To do so is hypocritical to the point of being sheer lunacy.

Is this what we want from the military? Well guess what is the change you got. Look at the problems it created in other countries. The wussificationof the modern military. so now that you have your gays in the military why don't you go join up, why don't you go bust your butt for four years, risk life and limb, be shot at, risk being blown apart, for the intensely wonderful some of $22,000 a year after four years.--Yep, that's what I thought--all talk and no join.
[/quote]

I was hoping no one was going to use this as an argument. Let me clearly state that gay men having the capacity to be attracted to a man doesn't make them attracted to everything with a penis attached. In the same way that every woman/man doesn't find the opposite sex attractive, this applies exactly the same way to gays. Not only are gay men not attracted to every naked soldier in the showers, but even if they WERE attracted to one or two fellow soldiers(not that they could with the anti-faggot attitudes a lot have, making them virtually unattractive on their own), they wouldn't stalk them in the shower rooms and corner them in the laundry room for rape. This isn't Shawshank, this is the military. Gays aren't any hornier or out of control than any other man, they just have different tastes. Sensible soldiers working together. Saying that gays are some kind of uncomfortable or sexual danger to the straight soldier is implying one of two things.

1. Gay soldiers in training are a threat and must be removed due to the aggressive and disgusting behavior of advancing (physically and/or non-physically) on other soldiers.
OR
2. A majority (notice how I didn't say all, no one is safe from the benefit of the negative doubt) of straight soldiers feel as if they are being stared at naked in the showers, and are victim to the acts in scenario 1. Now please show me some examples of where example 1 was a serious issue.

This concern for ourselves from the "savage and sexually corrupt queers" is ridiculous. Gays int he military want to do their job just as much as anyone else. Ridiculous.
[/quote]

Good job, Dave. +1 rep. You fully deserve it.

I was in the military and served with quite a few gays during the "don't ask don't tell" era and there were also quite a few heterosexual dramas, cheating spouses. DRAMA doesn't belong in the military, if they bring it on duty, I had a HUGE problem with any romance. What you do away from combat, off-duty, I don't care. I think most people in the military share that sentiment. The other thing a lot of people who have never served don't get is that when you're in combat, that person is closer to you than family. It seems weird to hear a woman say this, maybe but I would have stepped in front of a bullet to save anyone on my squad. I have been in combat three times and I know more about my former Army buddies than their moms and wives do. Soldiers are WAY more accepting of the people whose hands they put their lives in every day. It is the politicians who are worrying about onbase housing and lawsuits that think they need to put their noses in our bedrooms. I am a private person, really would rather not here what ANYONE is doing when they're getting jiggy but I certainly don't judge their work performance on it. Edited by Scrappydoo