Moon Landing

56 members have voted

1. 1. Did it happen?

• Yes
    • No

[quote name='F16WarBird' date='10 May 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1273475344' post='467414']
When do we get to talk about Lord Xenu coming back to earth to wage war against the Scientologists?

[/quote]

how is this a not a bannable offense. come into the thread and make fun of the poster instead of adding to it. why even post

• 3 weeks later...
So the proposed development of commercial space travel would just be you paying $50,000 to sit in a pretend space ship and indulge in a little bit of Hollywood special effects?

If we didn't land on the moon, what does it matter? We currently have human beings in space(and even if that as well is being faked, we have a fucking super-telescope up there), so therefore disproving the lunar landing is a fruitless (unless you write a book about it) and meaningless waste of some hyped-up anti-establishment asshat's existence.

Here's my piece, I have heard a lot about this from my friends and what not..but really, why would NASA lie about something so groundbreaking? We have the technology to do this. I think the footage of the first man on the moon COULD HAVE been doctored, but who knows? It is crazy how far we have come as a society..its a trip really. Hah, I know this post doesn't really argue either way but I'm buzzin off of some SB Spear Mint. Really an interesting topic though, props.

[quote name='ryno' date='01 June 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1275406934' post='470158']
My biggest reason of why I think they didn't fake it... that is too many people to keep silent.
[/quote]

by using this logic we can safely assume you don't believe the Roswell incident had anything to do with aliens. Which I agree It would take a huge amount of trust that no one is ever going to leak anything regarding this.
Ray

[quote name='Venger' date='01 June 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1275419756' post='470175']
[quote name='ryno' date='01 June 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1275406934' post='470158']
My biggest reason of why I think they didn't fake it... that is too many people to keep silent.
[/quote]

by using this logic we can safely assume you don't believe the Roswell incident had anything to do with aliens. Which I agree It would take a huge amount of trust that no one is ever going to leak anything regarding this.
Ray
[/quote]

I've never really looked or studied the Roswell incident enough to know. Might start reading about it some. Also chris, I don't think we're the only ones out there either.

I'd like to have the truth about a lot of things... But since this thread keeps on living I suppose i'll bring up an argument for the whole "people keeping it quiet" thing..

I think I posted it earlier in the thread but one possible explanation for the lack of leaks is that only a small handful of people actually knew it was faked. The whole ground team in Houston for example could have been fed pre-programmed software that had been used on test missions (slightly tweaked to make it believable for a flight to the moon obviously). And we know the astronauts actually went to space, but in this theory they simply stayed in near earth orbit.

While we're on the topic of keeping quiet: Buzz, Neal and crew sure have stayed out of the public eye considering they are such national hero's.. I think they have given only 3 or 4 short interviews since the flight.. They seem to always avoid talking about the landing as well.. It's just kinda strange.

[quote name='Matto' date='01 June 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1275439964' post='470205']
I'd like to have the truth about a lot of things... But since this thread keeps on living I suppose i'll bring up an argument for the whole "people keeping it quiet" thing..

I think I posted it earlier in the thread but one possible explanation for the lack of leaks is that only a small handful of people actually knew it was faked. The whole ground team in Houston for example could have been fed pre-programmed software that had been used on test missions (slightly tweaked to make it believable for a flight to the moon obviously). And we know the astronauts actually went to space, but in this theory they simply stayed in near earth orbit.

While we're on the topic of keeping quiet: Buzz, Neal and crew sure have stayed out of the public eye considering they are such national hero's.. I think they have given only 3 or 4 short interviews since the flight.. They seem to always avoid talking about the landing as well.. It's just kinda strange.
[/quote]

I would point out that if more than one person knows about something - it's not a secret. Nobody is going to keep entirely completely silent about such a thing and eventually it would have spread. "Everyone" who claims to "know" it was faked has zero connection to those that would have been in on the original "secret", so it's unlikely they'd have been one of those informed when it began to slip out.

I was actually around when it "happened". There were a whole lot of interviews. And a lot of detailed reports. Just because they have been lost to history doesn't mean they didn't happen. I remember you couldn't stop hearing about it or the interviews.

'Rani

Overall there is no definitive proof saying the moon landings were fake. People love to point out a picture or two and state how the shadows are messed up and you can see wires, etc etc. But what they fail to recognize is the technology at the time makes it look like lots of black/white videos have strings in them. Also the fact that the moon refracts light would lend to the idea shadows would be slightly off.

The people in nasa at the time and now are MUCH smarter than crack pot conspiracy theorists, if it was faked they would have made it perfect. After all how hard would it be to make it appear perfect with tons of re-shoots and re-lighting the area after they reviewed the previous shoot.

People also talk about "pre fabricated programs" I'm not sure how many people take into account the technology at the time was limited when referring to computers. If someone could prefabricate a program that would simulate every bump and wiggle of the space ship and THEN somehow (without networking abilities back then) broadcast it properly to all the computers at once, then logically they could definitely figure out how to go to the moon.

People also fail to realize that the men who developed the technology to reach the moon were the same leading rocket scientists of their time that developed the most advanced systems in the world. Much less something more powerful to reach the moon.

[b]Oh and if you have a telescope check out the American Flag sitting up there. I'm sure that's fake too.[/b]

[quote name='Matto' date='02 May 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1272835221' post='466404']
[quote name='Tyler' date='02 May 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1272822950' post='466384']
We did. My great uncle worked for NASA.
[/quote]

It is very possible that the people working for NASA were shown a live feed or video tape of the astronauts in near earth orbit. The computer systems at the time had everything needed to make up data for a fake space flight so that no one working on the ground would know that they hadn't traveled outside the Van Allen radiation belts.

[quote name='codpet' date='02 May 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1272823975' post='466389']
We did, and myth busters proved that everything in video is accurate.
[/quote]

Mythbusters got damn close to making their moon walk and other fabricated things look real, all on a budget of a few thousand dollars. NASA at the time had billions of dollars in today's money to accomplish the same thing.

[quote name='Dr. B' date='02 May 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1272833991' post='466402']
The technology needed to reach the moon isn't contained to just space travel. Our weapons capabilities and technological prowess of the era showed that we were more than capable. Even so, how do you explain subsequent space exploration if the entire journey was fabricated?
[/quote]

Our technology was significantly behind the Soviet Union at the time, they reached pretty much every space milestone first (sputnik, first live creature in space, first man in space, etc) and had logged hundreds of hours more manned space flight than we had yet they never even attempted a journey to the moon. Subsequent space travel is possible even with the moon hoax, I don't believe that the whole journey was fabricated, just possibly the moon landing.

How do you believers explain this:

[b]The Van Allen radiation belts that I mentioned above contain high levels of radiation[/b], yet none of the 24(i think there's been 24) astronauts from the Apollo missions have had cancer.

Our space flights had been plagued with problems prior to Apollo 13, yet the most difficult space mission in history went off without a hitch.

Just curious, I love hearing other peoples opinions on controversial topics :P
[/quote]

Not as true as you might think. If you do some further research it shows that you would have to have significant exposure to the radiation belts (such as staying in orbit within them) But I'd like to see proof of them having cancer, haven't heard about it.

[quote name='Venger' date='01 June 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1275419756' post='470175']
[/quote]

Ray
[/quote]

Credible sources have come forth that were present at the Roswell incident and stated it was in fact alien contact. No credible sources have come forth saying the moon landing was fake just people that were no older than 10 when it happened.

[quote name='Matto' date='01 June 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1275439964' post='470205']

[/quote]

If you'll look a little further into it, Neal and Buzz have both stated in interviews they saw strange things while they were up there although it's very brief as if they weren't supposed to talk about it. So I would say the only cover up is to what has actually been seen in space not the moon landing.

• 1 month later...
I've never heard a fake moon landing explanation in my life that was even remotely rooted in logic and I'm convinced the only way an able-minded person could possibly entertain that belief is if they simply want to believe it was faked, to the point of abandoning all logic.

• 5 weeks later...
im on the fence on the lunar landing, but Roswell, that's something id really like to know the truth about, with the amount of galaxies and amount of planets and stars there has to be life out there somewhere, there has to be, i think it would be ignorant to say there wasn't. but Roswell has always interested me, and area 51, wtf is in there lol its warps my mind that something is kept so incredibly secret as to certain generals cannot know what lies in its walls, its got more security than the white house and pentagon combined.

Trust me when I tell you the government can keep anything a secret. I work in Oak Ridge which was once known as the secret city. Look it up. They kept it a secret for years while they developed the A bomb. Even Knoxville which is maybe 20 miles away didn't know it was here. So can they hide something big? How's a city for ya.
Ray

[quote name='RingsMaster' date='16 August 2010 - 04:20 AM' timestamp='1281961219' post='479123']
im on the fence on the lunar landing, but Roswell, that's something id really like to know the truth about, with the amount of galaxies and amount of planets and stars there has to be life out there somewhere, there has to be, i think it would be ignorant to say there wasn't. but Roswell has always interested me, and area 51, wtf is in there lol its warps my mind that something is kept so incredibly secret as to certain generals cannot know what lies in its walls, its got more security than the white house and pentagon combined.
[/quote]
Im with you. I think the moon landing was legit, but the "weather balloon recovery" story at roswell is a big coverup of some sort. Either it was aliens or some sort of failed govt. experiment, but the attempts to sweep it all under the rug have been poor at best.