Hookah Car Console Help

dagman

I recently purchased a nearly identical console for my car that i intend to turn into a hookah console. I am trying to get this set up so that it is safe for the driver, easily cleaned, and has a place for everything a hookah may need. i want to hear everyone ideas and suggestions before i start construction.

I have already made a easy hole puncher from cork ultra thin needles and glue that works great and has been attached to a self recoiling cord and the tongs will be set up the same way.

my supplies include 2 2 hose mini myas, 1 pumpkin hookah, the console, a well stocked workshop tools adhesives ect, extra hoses, alot of black flex PVC and normal PVC, Velcro, the project budget also includes 20 dollars a 50 dollar home depot gift card.

Get a leila! [url="http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-2808-leila-1-hose-portable-hookah.html"]http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-2808-leila-1-hose-portable-hookah.html[/url]

[quote name='ryno' date='18 March 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1268962570' post='458058']
Get a leila! [url="http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-2808-leila-1-hose-portable-hookah.html"]http://www.hookah-sh...ble-hookah.html[/url]
[/quote]

is that the little one that goes in the cup holder? i cant see it cause of the filter on my works internet. that doesnt suit my needs as i A. want multiple people to be able to smoke B. i want a shisha, coal, tong, foil setup. C. not nearly as cool. D. i already bought the case.

cut a hole in you console so your stem can just fit through it. Velcro the hookah the in bottom inside of the console. The inside should have room for other supplies as well. I'm also guess u might be able to fit 2 hookahs into the center console but i dunno. In addition, make sure you get a windcover or a bowl with a windcover built in so your coals arent everywhere

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='18 March 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1268971828' post='458111']
cut a hole in you console so your stem can just fit through it. Velcro the hookah the in bottom inside of the console. The inside should have room for other supplies as well. I'm also guess u might be able to fit 2 hookahs into the center console but i dunno. In addition, make sure you get a windcover or a bowl with a windcover built in so your coals arent everywhere
[/quote]

so far i have permanently fixed the bottom of the hookah to the bottom of the console. A hole has been drilled in the console and the vase. a hose runs from the bottom of the hookah through the bottom of the car with simple open close knob. velcro has been permanently affixed to the vase, it has also been permanently affixed to the stem just above the vase and just below the bowl. 1 bowls have been designated for car use and it also has had velcro attached. The reason i did the velcro like this is to create a air tight seal without grommets that is easily removable. i have concluded that i will attach the second identical hookah to the console aswell.

I still need to get a self recoiling cord for my tongs, a second windcover attached bowl.

do you think i could make a small cage in the covered bowl so the coal floats above the shisha? if so would that give me even heating?

still on my to do list is make a place for shisha and a finger rag for post bowl loading. thoughts so far? questions? comments?

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='18 March 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1268971828' post='458111']
[/quote]

Windcover bowl is a must...i cant tell you the number of times my friends and i have just put the hookah on the floor in the back seat, having one person hold it steady and driven around....coals flying all over

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='20 March 2010 - 03:23 AM' timestamp='1269080587' post='458394']
Hm... You're gonna have fun with the pigs if you get pulled over...

Why people put hookahs in their cars is beyond me...
[/quote]

Why would a cop have a problem with hookahs? They're trained to know what NHT smells like.

Dude, hookah in a car is a recipe for disaster, I dont even like sketchy people messing with my hookah at my house because I know ppl are dumb and drop shit. I can just imagine a car fire getting started cause some idiot in front of you stop suddenly and then your coals get lodged under the seat. A windcover is a MUST, but still.....idk.....[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif[/img]

[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='30 March 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1269939418' post='460760']
Dude, hookah in a car is a recipe for disaster, I dont even like sketchy people messing with my hookah at my house because I know ppl are dumb and drop shit. I can just imagine a car fire getting started cause some idiot in front of you stop suddenly and then your coals get lodged under the seat. A windcover is a MUST, but still.....idk.....[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif[/img]
[/quote]

The fire thing is not a issue because the base is filled with water, atleast that is what I use.
I broke a petite base a while back and used nalgene water bottle for the base on mine, fits nicely into the cup holder.

[quote name='GalantVR4' date='31 March 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1270081844' post='461118']
[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='30 March 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1269939418' post='460760']
[/quote]

The fire thing is not a issue because the base is filled with water, atleast that is what I use.
I broke a petite base a while back and used nalgene water bottle for the base on mine, fits nicely into the cup holder.
[/quote]

Wait, what does the base of your hookah having water in it like it's supposed to have to do with the coal flying off the bowl and starting a fire in your car? Please explain.

As for the question as to why would cops have a problem, cops tend to hassle you when they pull you over, and having a hookah in the car is just going to put him in a bad attitude more than likely, and it's something that could just hold you up even longer (i.e. "I need you to step out of the vehicle while I determine if this device has been used for NHT.")

Hookah not being in the car avoids problems. Plus it's a distraction to not only you as a driver but also people around you (i.e. "What the hell is that thing he's smoking?!") Attracts attention...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='31 March 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1270083556' post='461129']
[quote name='GalantVR4' date='31 March 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1270081844' post='461118']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Wait, what does the base of your hookah having water in it like it's supposed to have to do with the coal flying off the bowl and starting a fire in your car? Please explain.[/b]

As for the question as to why would cops have a problem, cops tend to hassle you when they pull you over, and having a hookah in the car is just going to put him in a bad attitude more than likely, and it's something that could just hold you up even longer (i.e. "I need you to step out of the vehicle while I determine if this device has been used for NHT.")

Hookah not being in the car avoids problems. Plus it's a distraction to not only you as a driver but also people around you (i.e. "What the hell is that thing he's smoking?!") Attracts attention...
[/quote]

Thats what I was wondering......

Very true with a hookah being in the car, that is grounds for them to remove you and search you car. I would say you need to have everything in there up to standards and nothing illegal like a handgun laying around. I think it is a cool idea, maybe weld the wind cover on so you don't have to worry about flying coals as much. Also guys, you car is not going to burst into flames when the coals hit. More than likely you will have a spot burned in and that is it.

[quote name='Allstar' date='01 April 2010 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1270131666' post='461261']
Very true with a hookah being in the car, that is grounds for them to remove you and search you car. I would say you need to have everything in there up to standards and [b]nothing illegal like a handgun laying around.[/b] I think it is a cool idea, maybe weld the wind cover on so you don't have to worry about flying coals as much. Also guys, you car is not going to burst into flames when the coals hit. More than likely you will have a spot burned in and that is it.
[/quote]

Well thats impossible! Having a hookah in my car is sure to attract Charcoal Gnomes! How am I supposed to protect my shisha stash from the little buggers without my Desert Eagle? I tried the taser but that only makes them angrier.....

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='31 March 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1270083556' post='461129']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wait, what does the base of your hookah having water in it like it's supposed to have to do with the coal flying off the bowl and starting a fire in your car? Please explain.

[/quote]

Because you can take the base off and pour the water on the coal.

[quote name='GalantVR4' date='01 April 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1270186682' post='461439']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='31 March 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1270083556' post='461129']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because you can take the base off and pour the water on the coal.
[/quote]

This is becoming crazy haha, idk what cars everyone here drives, but the last thing I would want in my car is if a coal fell off and the best option left is to pull of the base and pour the water on the floor of my car....

Btw no disrespect intended in this. I'm not trying to bash on you for your coal disaster management skills. Pouring the water would be the best thing to do I suppose.

Just in general, I keep a mya in my trunk for on the go, and when I get my KM gold pear, it'll be for home. i don't really need to have THIS much trouble to smoke in between the two. Lol.

I'm with KIS, I like my car to much to A) Reconstruct the middle paneling to fit my hookah into, or B ) Have to worry about rouge coals burning/exploding my car, or water needing to be dumped.

I guess it would be cool, but I smoke enough to not mind smoking in the car.

Dude, unless you are driving for like 12 hours you can't just pack your hookah in a padded bag and wait until you get to where are going? Or just pull over and have a quick smoke using an alien or something?

See THIS is why i like smoking cigars (stop with the pervvy comments), ain't noone gonna give me shit for smoking a cigar. Granted people do do a double take when they see a cute chick with a big ole cigar between her teeth...
But it is just so much easier with not having to move coals or anything. The only thing I have to deal with is how to deal with butts, but thats what ashtrays are for. Edited by bellydancerakn

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='20 March 2010 - 05:23 AM' timestamp='1269080587' post='458394']
Hm... You're gonna have fun with the pigs if you get pulled over...

Why people put hookahs in their cars is beyond me...
[/quote]

If it's one person, it's kind of idiotic doing it while you're driving unless it's like a Leila or similar Hookah.

However, if you have others in the car it's no biggie as the passenger can hold on to it firmly. I take 2+ hour road trips every other weekend visiting friends from other college's and me and my friends always smoke my QT without no trouble. Just have a large foil around the tray or a wind cover that locks and it's pretty much guaranteed not to fall on the ground. It's no different than smoking a ciggy. Been stopped by cops a few times over the years but all of them let us go without any trouble once they saw what it was (I live in MD).

It's completely legal so don't know why people are so paranoid about cops. I'd never do it if I was the only person in the car though.Can't drive and manage at the same time, it's stupid and distracting. Edited by Gaara