Tonythecigarsmoker Gets 14 Days

These continue to amaze me. Maybe it's my age, but when do people actually get it that there are some things you just don't talk about? Ever. Anywhere. Ditto times ten for places like the internet where things can come back and bite you in the ass for years.

I had a friend who had a sticker on his front door. Showed a gun and said "Never mind the dog, beware of owner." He never could figure out why the cops were always trying to search his place. Duh......

Talking about things everyone should be keeping to themselves isn't cool, it isn't adult, it doesn't make you part of any group you should want to be a part of. It's just plain stupid.

'Rani
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Sonthert' date='19 December 2009 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1261261094' post='440371']
Come on. Everyone assumes that it was conscious "Im going to discuss NHT". Sometimes people read the rules and forget and accidentally mention them. Thats what happened to me.
[/quote]

Now..... you know I'm crazy about you...... But.......

I'm disagreeing totally with you on this. If you were sleeping with your 14 year old sister would you just forget to not talk about it? Mouths come with a control device also known as your brain. I see no excuse for not using it when you're talking about something that's illegal.

'Rani

I banned myself for an NHT reference. I didn't even think about it. Completely unintentional. Thats was my point. Its not always a sinister intention...Flow of consciousness. James Joyce. I Ching. Damned serious discussion section. :)

[quote name='BohoWildChild' date='19 December 2009 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1261264665' post='440393']If you were sleeping with your 14 year old sister would you just forget to not talk about it?[/quote]

I can't help it you lied about your age. You said you were 18, I trusted you, and you reveal this in public? I'm shocked and hurt. :rolleyes: I also don't have a sister. I have a half-sister. When she was 14, I would have been 10.

It is illegal to do some things. Talking about something, on the other hand isn't...outside of the Forum. Its not like the guy talked about breaking the rules. He didn't have a chance. You are blurring action with discussion. He broke a rule in action, your analogy involves doing something illegal and then not talking about it. The rule is to not discuss NHT. Just because he discussed them doesn't mean he did them. He did break a rule, though. Bad example, Rani. :lol: Still love you too. You're twice as sexy when you're disagreeing with me, I should just say.

I got the Christmas card, Rani, thanks! Merry Christmas to you.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Sonthert' date='19 December 2009 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1261268024' post='440410']
I banned myself for an NHT reference. I didn't even think about it. Completely unintentional. Thats was my point. Its not always a sinister intention...Flow of consciousness. James Joyce. I Ching. Damned serious discussion section. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

[quote name='BohoWildChild' date='19 December 2009 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1261264665' post='440393']If you were sleeping with your 14 year old sister would you just forget to not talk about it?[/quote]

I can't help it you lied about your age. You said you were 18, I trusted you, and you reveal this in public? I'm shocked and hurt. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img] I also don't have a sister. I have a half-sister. When she was 14, I would have been 10.

It is illegal to do some things. Talking about something, on the other hand isn't...outside of the Forum. Its not like the guy talked about breaking the rules. He didn't have a chance. You are blurring action with discussion. He broke a rule in action, your analogy involves doing something illegal and then not talking about it. The rule is to not discuss NHT. Just because he discussed them doesn't mean he did them. He did break a rule, though. Bad example, Rani. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img] Still love you too. You're twice as sexy when you're disagreeing with me, I should just say.

[/quote]

I'm not sure it was a bad example because my point was that some things you just don't talk about. Never mind rules, etc. Just don't. But having said that, I was at the Lodge today and we were talking about this kind of issue. I generally swear like a sailor and yet automatically stop whenever there are children around or if I'm in an office setting, etc. It was pointed out that just because I have the ability to switch mental gears doesn't mean it's a normal ability that comes easily to everyone and that I'm being too judgemental assuming everyone can do it just as easily. Most people will continue to do what they habitually do regardless of their current environment. So I stand corrected on those grounds because I do believe that we shouldn't necessarily judge others by our personal standards for ourselves.

In the end, I have to agree that the most important thing is that he comes back after the suspension. At the very least he can take credit for giving us something to argue about!

'Rani

[quote name='BohoWildChild' date='19 December 2009 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1261264665' post='440393']
[quote name='Sonthert' date='19 December 2009 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1261261094' post='440371']
Come on. Everyone assumes that it was conscious "Im going to discuss NHT". Sometimes people read the rules and forget and accidentally mention them. Thats what happened to me.
[/quote]

Now..... you know I'm crazy about you...... But.......

I'm disagreeing totally with you on this. If you were sleeping with your 14 year old sister would you just forget to not talk about it? Mouths come with a control device also known as your brain. I see no excuse for not using it when you're talking about something that's illegal.

'Rani
[/quote]

Ya, but considering this is a forum that focuses on smoking, it is a bit less of a stretch to slip up and mention something you aren't supposed to here than it would be with your example.
I don't know what he said, but he might not have even been talking about doing it himself.
He could have just mentioned it in a discussion in which it could have been relevant.
Just playing the devil's advocate.

It does seem a bit silly that some people have difficulties following such a simple rule.
That being said, we all make a mistake every now and then.

Well put.

I also adjust my diction based on the company I'm in. I can also manage to slip a fuck or shit in without sounding like too much of an idiot. Just for fun. I swear like a trucker more than a sailor, for the record. At the same time, though, sometimes, you go off on a rant and don't think of the ramifications of what you are saying, which was like in my case.

There are a lot more young people here and young people don't have as well-developed a switch as us 30-somethings do. Sorry. 20-something in your case, Rani. :P

[quote name='BohoWildChild' date='19 December 2009 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1261269936' post='440421']
[quote name='Sonthert' date='19 December 2009 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1261268024' post='440410']
I banned myself for an NHT reference. I didn't even think about it. Completely unintentional. Thats was my point. Its not always a sinister intention...Flow of consciousness. James Joyce. I Ching. Damned serious discussion section. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

I can't help it you lied about your age. You said you were 18, I trusted you, and you reveal this in public? I'm shocked and hurt. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img] I also don't have a sister. I have a half-sister. When she was 14, I would have been 10.

It is illegal to do some things. Talking about something, on the other hand isn't...outside of the Forum. Its not like the guy talked about breaking the rules. He didn't have a chance. You are blurring action with discussion. He broke a rule in action, your analogy involves doing something illegal and then not talking about it. The rule is to not discuss NHT. Just because he discussed them doesn't mean he did them. He did break a rule, though. Bad example, Rani. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img] Still love you too. You're twice as sexy when you're disagreeing with me, I should just say.

[/quote]

I'm not sure it was a bad example because my point was that some things you just don't talk about. Never mind rules, etc. Just don't. But having said that, I was at the Lodge today and we were talking about this kind of issue. I generally swear like a sailor and yet automatically stop whenever there are children around or if I'm in an office setting, etc. It was pointed out that just because I have the ability to switch mental gears doesn't mean it's a normal ability that comes easily to everyone and that I'm being too judgemental assuming everyone can do it just as easily. Most people will continue to do what they habitually do regardless of their current environment. So I stand corrected on those grounds because I do believe that we shouldn't necessarily judge others by our personal standards for ourselves.

In the end, I have to agree that[b] the most important thing is that he comes back after the suspension.[/b] At the very least he can take credit for giving us something to argue about!

'Rani
[/quote]

Hopefully, having learned from his mistake and able to not let it happen again.

[quote name='Sonthert' date='19 December 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1261270650' post='440430']
Sarcasm detector....reading a quotient of 36. Its clean. He was bagging on Rani! Get him, guys.

:P
[/quote]

lol, if you are referring to me, I think your sarcasm detector might need calibration.
I was being serious, it would be a shame for him to come back only to start breaking rules again.
It would be great if this mistake became a valuable lesson for him to grow off of.

Rani - I try to use my brain as little as possible, especially on the internet (i'm assuming most other guys are like this too), so I think that is where Eric and yourself are getting into a disagreement about . All in all, I agree with both of you, if that makes any since. I don't think this guy intentionally set out to break the rules, but at the same time, i doubt he bothered reading them. His post actually didn't get reported either (damn you NoB, why won't you come back?!), i was just surfing and noticed it. I am guessing if i hadn't noticed it, no one would have and he would have gotten off scott clean. But, i feel i need to be fair to everyone, regardless of whether it was reported or not.

[quote name='delSol_si' date='19 December 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1261276799' post='440454']
Rani - I try to use my brain as little as possible, especially on the internet (i'm assuming most other guys are like this too), so I think that is where Eric and yourself are getting into a disagreement about . All in all, I agree with both of you, if that makes any since. I don't think this guy intentionally set out to break the rules, but at the same time, i doubt he bothered reading them. His post actually didn't get reported either (damn you NoB, why won't you come back?!), i was just surfing and noticed it. I am guessing if i hadn't noticed it, no one would have and he would have gotten off scott clean. But, i feel i need to be fair to everyone, regardless of whether it was reported or not.
[/quote]

Rules are rules and if you get busted even by accident then you live with the penalty. And I do tend towards being fair to the point of seemingly never taking a firm stand. However, being female and therefore required genetically to remain perverse, I've decide in this moment to reserve all future fairness for those I might choose to sleep with. Everybody else can go hang......j/k.

'Rani

PS: Sometimes I think Eric and I debate opposing points in the interest of a friendly discussion that simultaneously feeds our verbose natures. (Say that three times fast!)

[quote name='BohoWildChild' date='19 December 2009 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1261279216' post='440461']
[quote name='delSol_si' date='19 December 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1261276799' post='440454']
[/quote]

Rules are rules and if you get busted even by accident then you live with the penalty. And I do tend towards being fair to the point of seemingly never taking a firm stand. However, being female and therefore required genetically to remain perverse, I've decide in this moment to reserve all future fairness for those I might choose to sleep with. Everybody else can go hang......j/k.

'Rani

PS: Sometimes I think Eric and I debate opposing points in the interest of a friendly discussion that simultaneously feeds our verbose natures. (Say that three times fast!)
[/quote]
Oh, Rani be fair to me! Be fair to me! :P

[quote name='Sonthert' date='19 December 2009 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1261270272' post='440425']
Well put.

I also adjust my diction based on the company I'm in. I can also manage to slip a fuck or shit in without sounding like too much of an idiot. Just for fun. I swear like a trucker more than a sailor, for the record. At the same time, though, sometimes, you go off on a rant and don't think of the ramifications of what you are saying, which was like in my case.

There are a lot more young people here and young people don't have as well-developed a switch as us 30-somethings do. Sorry. 20-something in your case, Rani. :P
[/quote]

i have this problem. its not that i dont think before i say something, its that i say what is on my mind. and alot of time people are offended or shocked by the things i say. ever wonder about my user name? its more than just an awsome song, my name is jacob and i have a powerful shock effect from time to time.

on a side note my rep on HF is a -3. i guess someone has to be the guy i am on this forum, might as well be me. i have a goal of getting my rep way into the negatives without offending members or creating tension on this forum.

[quote name='Jacob Shock' date='20 December 2009 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1261311726' post='440529']
[quote name='Sonthert' date='19 December 2009 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1261270272' post='440425']
Well put.

[/quote]

i have this problem. its not that i dont think before i say something, its that i say what is on my mind. and alot of time people are offended or shocked by the things i say. ever wonder about my user name? its more than just an awsome song, my name is jacob and i have a powerful shock effect from time to time.

on a side note my rep on HF is a -3. i guess someone has to be the guy i am on this forum, might as well be me. i have a goal of getting my rep way into the negatives without offending members or creating tension on this forum.
[/quote]

Guess it's nice to be famous for something... :P

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='20 December 2009 - 05:35 AM' timestamp='1261312503' post='440532']
[quote name='Jacob Shock' date='20 December 2009 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1261311726' post='440529']
Well put.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Guess it's nice to be famous for something... :P
[/quote]

unless your that guy from american pie who fucked the apple pie.

it would suck to be famous for that.

HEY YOU! OMG your the guy who fucked the pie, will you sing my twinkie? Edited by Jacob Shock